Author Topic: EQResource Holiday Slots Mini Contest - Cherished Loot  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
EQResource Holiday Slots Mini Contest - Cherished Loot
« on: December 20, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
This is a mini contest that coincides with our Holiday Slots!

Each participant in this mini contest will receive a code (via Private Message on these forums) for a spin on the Holiday Slots. The code from this mini contest will have much greater odds of winning a prize than the codes randomly handed out, so if you have your eye on one of the prizes you won't want to miss this opportunity!

To participate, simply reply to this thread telling us about an item that you have looted (maybe long ago) that you always keep with you, for personal or nostalgic reasons. This may be an item you have no real use for any more, but it means something special to you! This contest rewards all participants - Everyone who enters will receive a code with the same odds!

This mini contest ends at 11:59 PM PST 12/21/2016. Codes will be PMed to participants some time on 12/22/2016.

Offline Edrick

Re: EQResource Holiday Slots Mini Contest - Cherished Loot
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:52:28 PM »
The good old Fisherman's Companion, of course! It is an extremely comforting thought that I can always have a fishing pole AND ale a click away.

Offline Stell

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:07 PM »
Old man staff of forbidden rites. Was raiding as a guest with Alarius when it first came out and we raided the OMM raids. We /randomed it off. I was the last person to roll and my roll was 1 point higher then the second highest!

Offline cgoodman381

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 08:10:11 PM »
I always keep my Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher with me to show off. :p

Offline pharaldson

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »
I keep my singing steel boots on me at all times. It was one of my first clicky items, and they were a pain to get in karnors so i keep it on me although i have no real use of them with perfected levitation and such now, but i keep them on me as a reminder of how far i have come :)

Offline Brendanteske

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 08:19:19 PM »
Panther skin armor. Although the dye may have ruined it all, this was the true black armor of my time.

Offline fuzzbuster

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »
I have kept every weapon I used for the last 10+ years. The memories stay in the weapons hehe

Offline Moggster

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 11:16:46 PM »
my dark cloak of the sky 1 of my 1st clickies and was useful for a really long time

edit: so many good answers on this, a BFG and a rez stick? i love eq relics
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:18:55 PM by Moggster »

Offline Sirene

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 01:47:03 AM »
I have an item that is really special to me on my cleric! Shield of Ssraeshza, the 6 FT priest shield from Luclin. I remember when my guild awarded it to me. This was in 2001 or 2002. I was so surprised, I jumped out of my chair and made a noise... my dad was in the room (he was in my guild also), and told my guild what I did; I was super embarrassed, but so happy and excited to get that shield! I've gotten so many cool items over the years, but that has to be the #1 most excited I've ever been to win something. Still keep it in my bank. :)

Offline Dirtypaws

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 02:10:31 AM »
Direwolf Totem of Battle. Was HUGE when it came out, first pet for rangers and I still run around with him.

Offline Rineryen

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 03:42:43 AM »
That would have to be The Binden Concerrentia - As a paladin it was the first way I was able to gate anywhere. It still sits in my bag with a stack of Quintessence of Knowledge which hasn't gone down in a couple of years now..

Offline Jondalar

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 07:24:41 AM »
Two items immediately come to mind.
Time's Antithesis and Spear of Fate.
Never in the bank!

Offline cgoodman381

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 08:07:57 AM »
Oh, how could I forget. I also have my Torn Cloth Shirt from when I first started my character in 2000.

Offline teamiksar

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 09:47:50 AM »
vah shir skin robe! i love randomly linking this to vah shir characters during the most opportune times. the possibilities are endless and it earns a reaction 90 percent of the time. ha!

Offline kotter

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 04:37:39 PM »
I looted and have always kept my mask of tinkering...its always taking up a spot in my inv....i even take it out every so often, just to remember that awesome day so many years ago

Offline Kilzadi

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »
Staff of Elemental Flux. I've been using it to pull since I was a wee little wizard and it was the Staff of Temperate Flux.

Offline Nniki

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »
There are so many clickies I keep on me these days, it's ridiculous. I've accumulated so much over the years.

A noteworthy accomplishment is the massive collection of illusion clickies in my keyring. I'm sure many bards and rogues out there could share similar stories of how it took forever to farm such and such illusion, as it was a common goal among both classes to obtain them all.

The halfling illusion mask made me love Chardok though. I spent a lot of time down there swarm kiting in the mines while camping Overseer Dal`Guur. I'd farm other named in the zone while waiting on respawns. I lived down there at times... I'd use Haggle Baron Dry`dn to sell all the gems and such that I'd collect during my killing sprees, and then, I'd run around next door to visit Vault Master Shu`zo in the bank. Wonderful zone.

The next logical step was farming Preserved Chokidai Vocal Cords in the palace library. I spent a lot of time in there off and on, collecting multiple Anklesmashers without ever seeing the vocal cords drop. It wasn't until years later that I finally was able to add the vocal cords to my collection. Vocal cords probably took longer than any other item in the game for me to acquire. But, while down there, I would kill the royals multiple times in a day, collecting their drops, and I even pulled the Overking to the entrance a few times for guild members working on their cleric epic weapon. Of course, it was trickier back then as the mobs still presented a challenge and even gave me experience, and bards didn't have a high enough pick lock skill to open the door down to the library at the time.

Songblade of the Eternal and Rapier of Somber Notes were also memorable. I was called in the middle of the night on a weekday after I had already gone to bed... probably 1 or 2 AM, asking if I could log in and come loot the songblade that dropped in Plane of Time (by a guild other than my own, mind you). The same guild a year or so later had an extra rapier drop, and I received another tell asking if I could come loot it too. I, of course, still carry around the rapier for its clicky effect. I replaced my songblade in inventory at the time with it, as the rapier has the shorter cast time and the songblade also required you to equip it for the clicky at the time. I miss when this was more of a common occurrence across people on the server.

Some other fun and memorable items I keep on me are things like Gnomish Troutshocker, Zatozia's Pail of Rainbow Sherbet, Zatozia's Pail of Chocolate Ice Cream, Docleaf's Shattered Shard, Lepracon's Pot of Gold... and probably some other stuff... from the many events and contests Zatozia held. I miss those so much. They were tons of fun both in game and on the forum. Poems, art, screenshots... it was enjoyable seeing the community's creativity. Glad to see some of that stuff happening on this site here.

Okay, I could probably go on and on, but Rorce said "an item" and I've gone a bit overboard, so I'll end it here. :)

Offline Bonzz

• Premium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 09:04:03 PM »
Fabled Boots of Shadow Walking.... never know when you might be able to use them to shadow walk through a locked door, even if it takes multiple tries.

Offline gotcharms

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »
Shaman epic 1.0 on my original main!

Offline Thunderkiks

• Premium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 10:24:43 PM »
Another one that's hard to pick a favoite. It's between my Fabled J boots or my Direwolf Totem of Battle. I proably like the wolf better just because I love wolves. I had the spectral one from the marketplace but really wanted one that was more visable. My fiancé was in the guild lobby one day and saw another player with the wolf and asked him about it. When he found out it was quested he told me about it and I went out and got one. Still carry him around and now with the new familiar key ring I can have him out and use a different familiar for the benifit.

Offline Tvaran

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 10:28:13 PM »
My ranger epics, 1.0 and 2.0. Even though I havent played as long as people would remember when those were new, thye took time to do, and it still means something to have them done.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »
All codes for this contest have been sent out. Good luck all!