Author Topic: March 11, 2020 - A Note from Jennifer Chan  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
March 11, 2020 - A Note from Jennifer Chan
« on: March 11, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »
Greetings Norrath, and well met.

Before we take steps into the Plane of Knowledge for my first community letter. I have to say, it is with great honor and gratitude to have been appointed the next steward of EverQuest and EverQuest II. I follow a line of legends before me, and I intend to lead by example and carry on the torch to the best of my ability.

I look forward to us getting to know each other more. Prior to stepping into my role as current Head of Studio at Darkpaw Games, I've been the Technical Director the last 6 years for EverQuest and EverQuest II, and before that, I was programmer for the franchise between 2008 and 2013.

I want to reassure you that the change of guard does not mean change of plans in EverQuest. We are moving full steam ahead on our road map for the year with lots of new and additional fun content in store.

We know that many of you have been looking at Overseer and sharing information about your experiences on the Test Server. Overseer will be releasing with our patch today, and we can't wait for you to get your hands on it and start helping to maintain the balance in the world of Norrath between the forces of Order and Discord. This major new feature is incredibly exciting for us as we continue to look forward to the future of Norrath.

As part of our 21st Anniversary celebrations we've added a new mount and other fun items to the jubilant merchant, unlocked Veteran Reward AAs for All Characters, all All Access members will receive a Heroic Character unlock for their accounts, and two player designed missions will make their appearance as anniversary quests!

Now, there are a few more things that we will be discussing soon, like more information about the upcoming Time Locked Progression servers and server merges, along with a few additional surprises we have in store, including a possible hint about our plans for a fan gathering in 2020.

All in all, I am very excited for this year and the things we have planned for EverQuest, and what we have in store for the franchise. Thank you for embarking with us on this new chapter in the grand epic that is EverQuest.

Yours Truly,

Jennifer "JChan" Chan

Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games