Comments - Modern Guides > Holiday Events

Whispers in the Dark

(1/2) > >>

Riou:
Questions? Comments? Post them here! Original page - https://special.eqresource.com/whispersinthedark.php

Oruatyrim:
Request phrase: Help
Zone in Phrase: lead

Gabrieles:
I would say it is a solid recommendation to clear the overseer room before opening 2nd chest to spawn him.

Drakang:
Although both steps are up at the start.  The Chest does not spawn until you kill the first 8 mobs.

Battileur:
For those not raid equipped I find the following strategy whilst not the fastest works quite well:
1 - after first update go to far east of Loda Kai cavern where chest will spawn after killing 8 mobs there - it is a safe spot to pull to and clears area near where chest spawns along with 2 mobs when chest is opened
2 - invis up and one character goes up north passage to get next two updates
3 - re-group just inside passage going north from Loda Kai cavern - use this spot to pull Shak Dratha mobs, these mobs have lots of wanderers and trying to pull them closer to their cavern quite often ends up with adds - it's a long pull but ensures you don't get the adds
4 - makes sure you kill the two mobs at the entrance to the Shak Dratha cavern as this is where named spawns
5 - for next update you need to open a chest in the north kidney shaped cavern guarded by three mobs - once chest opens, you need to loot item for hand in at end and named will spawn
6 - being lazy to kill these mobs, I use ranger weapon shield whilst opening chest and quickly cover tracks to lose aggro
7- just in case ranger gets splatted I put another character in main Shak Dratha cavern away from named but where you get next update - as named sees invis and is blocking way to where I was pulling the Shak Dratha, I gate characters out to campfire and re-enter zone to the same safe spot as before
8 - I then pull named right along passage and fight him there where I generally only get two adds
9 - once named is dead mission accomplished

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version