Author Topic: Day 7, Ring of Scale - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Axel

Re: Day 7, Ring of Scale - 7 days of EQResource Anniversary Contests!
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 02:38:49 AM »
One of my favorite parts of RoS was bards actually having buttons to push besides Selo's Kick and having to actually think more than just being a /melody bot by having to alternate between Boastful Bellow and Vainglorious Shout. Also, the T2.3 Raid (Sathir Line) is really fun.

Here's some *amazing* fanart of my absolute favorite parts of RoS.... Bard double invis!!!

Offline Sacranor

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 08:35:06 AM »
Raids that needed to be dumbed down after we beat em lol.

Offline Thunderkiks

• Premium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
In the RoS expansion I liked how they made stuff more challenging again. It was a nice extension to EoK. VP is my favorite zone in the expansion, they really did a great job revamping it.

Offline aikeilyu

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 01:10:54 PM »
Really enjoyed seeing Kunark brought back - one of my fave OG expansions.

Conflagrant armor made through TS are especially sweet for non-gold members. I've felt that power ear slots (and others) have been more expensive to buy than is reasonable for years - conflagrant are worth the coin and priced reasonably.

Offline krazzedk

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 02:42:59 PM »
ROS - Just reading all the drama about the first 2 zones being a pain. It is why we play the game, to have a challenge sometime.

Offline Nniki

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
I think there were a lot of frustrations surrounding RoS that sort of piled on top of each other that led to a general not so positive opinion of RoS: the Fell Foliage debacle, VP faction changes, the EoK blocker prerequisite, the armor progression being an extension of EoK, some previously successful guilds struggling with the new raid content — especially Drusella's Vault, the annoying drakes in SF, the DoTs cast by T1 mobs, and probably many other things along with server and instance instability to go with it.

However, overall, I don't think it was that bad of an expansion. There were many positives. After the success of EoK, I think many were hoping for a continuation of Kunark. RoS delivered on that and brought back many of the stomping grounds frequented by players in the earlier days. Cacti and Scorpikises made a return. It brought tradeskills back into the mix with a nice tradeskill quest for Crestra's earring. There were unique quested items from VP with ideas similar to that of the EoK ancients. Howling Stones was without a doubt my favorite zone in the expansion. Sathir's Tomb was a nice extension, but unfortunately, it was extremely tiny.

My favorite part of the expansion was probably that bards received some new stuff: Bellow and Shout changes, group double invis AA, intimidation, and I love the two new Blood Orchid Katanas with the Petal Step clickies (<3 leap!), which bards, of course, can use on the run. The skull of null clicky is nice one too. In addition to that, the missions were fun, the ST raids are a blast, and I got to enjoy some duration of fun running around VP with max ally faction.

Offline Beabopp

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 06:14:26 PM »
Being a rogue...dragging my dead friends lifeless bodies through howling stones to sariths tomb ZI.

Offline hyrola

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »
I really like how they did the missions for ros. instead of doing ha separate. also random loot from named including augs was nice. as well as getting the vp keys so people with alts didn't have to do entire progression multiple times. until they ruined vp with the faction then it was useless. but cool for people who did prog early.

Offline Talan

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2018, 06:49:21 AM »
I enjoyed traversing through VP and killing some drakes and dragons.
Also managed to level my warrior up and learn a bit about a new class, as well as setting up my own personal taunt key...