General > Expired EQ Resource Contests

EQ Resource Story Telling Contest, Aug 13 - Aug 31, 2012

(1/2) > >>

Rorce:
The Contest -

For this contest, we want you to tell us a story. You could tell us a detailed story from one of your most memorable EverQuest experiences, your first raid, or your first day entering Norrath. You could also write a story involving EQ lore. Anything EverQuest related is acceptable. Your stories may be posted directly in this thread.

The Rules -

- Due to us having to pay for physical shipping of rewards, this contest is only open to folks in the U.S. Sorry! Extra Details
 - You can only enter this contest once.
 - Entries will be judged by the staff of EQResource.
 - We will be judging the stories mostly based on their immersiveness and details. We want to relive your experience, or feel like we are right there living the story.
 - Grammar and punctuation will not be judged, as long as it doesn't take away from the immersiveness of the story (plz dotn talk lik dis).
 - Please post your stories in this thread. Please include your Server.Character name with your entry.
 - Please use your most commonly played character in your entry, as this is the character we will be contacting if you win. If we can't contact you, we can't get your address to ship you the reward!
 - We may wish to post your story on our front page, Facebook, or Twitter in the future. By entering this contest, you are agreeing to allow us to use your story for EQResource. You will be given full credit for the story if it is used, and the story will not be edited in any way.
 - A winner will be announced on September 3rd, 2012.

The Rewards -

1st prize -
 - Pack of EverQuest 5th Anniversary playing cards
 - EverQuest Necklace

Blabberpuss:
True story, no really, sung to the tune of Lyrics :"The Ballad of Jed Clampett" by Paul Henning - Beverly Hillbillies Lyrics

--- Quote ---Come and listen to a story about a Paladin named Blabb
A poor knight in armor(multi-colored and olive drab),
Then one day she was whackin some undead,
And up through the ground came a bubblin goo.

Namer that is, Deep Red, Foul Deeping Ooze.

Well the first thing you know ol Blabber's in a jam,
Healer Merc said "Blabb I'm gonna have to scram"
Said "If you were smart you'd do the same as me"
And she turned her tail to run and headed out to sea.

Hits for 8k, Million hit points.

Well Blabber gave it a shot, popping Defensive disc in time,
Scoring hit after hit but barely denting that dang slime,
But with Lay on Hands, some crits, couple self procs, and some Luck,
She just barely managed to kill that greasy slimey schmuck.

Paladin that is. Sit and Med, Take your boots off.
Merc you can come back now, Y'hear!

--- End quote ---

Nolrog:

I started playing about 10 years ago. Can't believe I'm still playing all this time later. Anyway, I played a halfling, wasn't my druid that I have now, but a different one. About halfway through Misty Thicket is the wall. I thought I was so brave when I made it to the wall, but I was always deathly afraid to go past it. I look back on that and laugh how stupid it was, but that was the game back then.

My first real character was the wood elf ranger Nolrog, which I adopted as my moniker. Nolly is still around today (that first halfling is not though) and only played rarely. I have fond memories of running around Greater Faydark with tons of other people, killing orcs and camping our way through Crushbone. Getting a Throne Room group, that was the best. So much fun from those days, and that's one of the reasons why I play on the progression servers when they come out.

Morituus:
Name: Morituus
Server: Bertox

Story: TUYCTHONTTMDNWYTK - http://snakegod.morituus.net/files/tuycthonttmdnwytk_full.pdf

** Warning: It's been cencored and I think it's okay, but I'm not 100% sure if it abides by this site's terms and conditions. My apologies if it doesn't.

sharay:
sharay from firiona vie. i started EQ about 5 yrs ago.while grinding in dragonscale at the farm,i meet a group of folks that welcomed me into thier regular hunts.weeks later on a grind in hills of shade they introduced me to a monk named jidokwon several weeks later we had an in-game wedding a year later we met in RL and have lived happily everafter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version