Author Topic: EQResource 8th Anny Contest - My Spoiled Fippy!  (Read 5169 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
EQResource 8th Anny Contest - My Spoiled Fippy!
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:53:39 PM »
The Contest -

We've given away several Stuffed Fippys over the years, but we are down to our final one! The only question is...who would treat it the best?

In this contest you must convince us that you will take better care of this Stuffed Fippy than anyone else! We want to know all the things that you would do with a Stuffed Fippy, if you were to win our final one! Your entry should be fun, creative, and entertaining.

Simply reply to this thread with at least 2 fun things you would do with your Stuffed Fippy if you won! Remember, this contest is supposed to be fun and silly! At the end of the contest all entries will be numbered and a winner will be chosen at random.

The Rules -

- Due to us having to pay for physical shipping of rewards, this contest is only open to folks in the U.S. Sorry!
 - Tell us the fun and silly things you would do with our final Stuffed Fippy if you won!
 - Your entry should be a reply to this contest thread.
 - Write as much or as little as you like, but you should at least tell us 2 things you would do.
 - Only one entry per person.
 - At the end of the contest all entries will be numbered and a winner will be chosen at random.
 - Look at the first reply to this thread for some examples / ideas!
 - The contest ends on September 4th at 11:59pm Pacific, and a winner will be announced by September 6th.

The Rewards -

(1) Stuffed Fippy!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:33:19 PM by Rorce »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: EQResource 8th Anny Contest - Fippy Darkpaw!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »
Things I would do with a Stuffed Fippy if I had one:

1. Dress it up and take it to the mall. I want my Fippy to be social!
2. Show it off to my friends. They are gonna be so jealous!
3. Binge watch Stranger Things with him!

Offline Zaknaffein

• Premium Member
Re: EQResource 8th Anny Contest - My Spoiled Fippy!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:39:24 PM »
1: Glue it to the front of my hood and drive around town with him. Fippy Hood ornament!
2: Fippy with a Hippy, Take pictures of him with Hippies.

Offline Ranonman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:27:34 PM »
1) I'll put it on shelf with EQ poster (PoP version, maybe) that I plan to purchase soon
2) Pic it with my future kids!

Offline Gynek

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 02:13:02 AM »
I have a tendency to regard my beloved plushies as actual creatures! (I know this makes me a child)
That means lots of hanging out with Fippy, going on hikes and adventures, watching movies and blazing.... THE CITY OF QEYNOS!

That's right, if I were to win this adorable stuffed Fippy Darkpaw, I will take him, on my lap, as I slaughter every last resident of Qeynos!

It shall be his ultimate revenge, and I shall serve it with the might of my Elemental Fire!

Offline Dirtypaws

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 07:54:59 AM »
If I had a Fippy I would Kiss him and love him and squeeze him and hug him and call him George.

Then dress him up in my old Barbie clothes and let him drive around in the Barbie mobile.

Finally I would need to clean him so I would put him in the toilet bowl and flush.

Offline Memnoch9299

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 08:02:33 AM »
If I had a stuffed Fippy I would keep him on my desk next to my 2 Firiona Vie figures.

Then I'd occasionally have them storm the gate of Qeynos.

I'd also take pictures of him.

Offline Duder

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 09:32:40 AM »
1. Id fill him with catnip and give him to Tommy, my kitty
2. I'd watch Tommy kill him in hopes of great treasures, only to be severely let down

Offline zirquel

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »
Nearly seven feet tall, and larger than life Fippy stands strong and true. Drawing his old rusty hammer and letting out a great bellow, we run towards the gates!

Charging forth, the gates are in sight and still Fippy continues onward, the guards of Stormwind raise up their shields then command us to stop.
Fippy is undaunted. "ONWARD MY FRIENDS!" he shouts all through the zone.
We do not stop, we do not slow, we follow Fippy headlong into battle.

Lasers, explosions, a foreign snow covered land.
"Come with me, we shall retake Hossin!" Fippy shouted and roared, then peeled off down the hill.

"Stop fiends and fowl beast, prepare for death!" the guards of Qeynos all but shouted.
With a mighty howl and a growl Fippy yelled out, "Grr bark bark grr! You have ruined your lands, you won’t ruin mine!"

tl;dr Fippy shall sit on a desk between myself and my husband, accompanying us as we travel throughout the lands of all the MMORPGs, and other games that strike our fancy, every so often returning home to Everquest. I suspect he will also watch movies with us, as well. Great effort and protections will be in place to insure his safety from furry, 4 legged beasts with sharp teeth, that also go "bark bark, grr".

Offline Scornfire

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 05:45:08 PM »
Fippy would make a wonderful stop animation prop for Purroxy's next recruitment video

Fippy would also probably end up being a wonderful outlet for Purroxy's daytime boredom :/

Offline KellanMarr

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 03:05:30 PM »
I would take pictures of my old Fippy being jealous of my new Fippy. After my OG Fippy beat up my new Fippy, I would take more pictures and send them all to my friend Sniffiles on Xegony. After she stopped screaming at me, I would deliver the new Fippy to her so she would stop harassing me about not giving her my OG one.

Offline Kaertos

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 11:51:31 PM »
1. I would brag on a daily basis that I have a stuffed Fippy and my guildmates do not!
2. He would watch over me as i slay babes and monsters all throughout Norrath.

Offline Brendanteske

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 09:11:29 AM »
1. Fippy would become my new Christmas tree topper. Soon, it will be time to celebrate and I will be ready!
2. I'd take Fippy to the local go-kart racing facility and have a blast with him. Him and I would smoke all the kids there!

Offline Abazzagorath

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 06:35:47 PM »
1. I'd put my stuffed Fippy with my other stuffed Fippy, and lay them down as if dead, as a reminder of how dead Fippy's pile up in North Qeynos.
2. Probably place it above my computer monitor, as a reminder of how nerdy I am.

Offline Travestii

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 06:35:57 PM »
1. I'd take him to the dog park and watch gleefully as he chews through legions of goldendoodles.

2. Afterward, we'll chill together on the couch watching Cujo.

Offline Fizzelin

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »
1) Definitely taking him to Disneyland when I go in a few months for some photo ops.
2) Going to give him a home in my computer room with the rest of my cool video game stuff.

Offline Derkgold

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 05:24:52 PM »
#1 I would take Fippy on the road with me while I travel for work, allowing him to see the world other than the path on his suicide mission.
#2 I have three cats who like new friends. They are very gentle with their plush buddies and one cat Logan (named for his wolverine like tendancies as a kitten) likes to carry beanie baby grateful dead bears around. It took us a long time to figure out how they were moving.

Offline Sokki

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »
First, I would terrorize the cats with him. Afterwards, I would let the cats terrorize him for a while!

After enough battles I would finally let him retire and meet as many people as he could =)

Offline cgoodman381

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 11:06:04 PM »
1) Fippy would stand guard over my desk making sure nothing bad happens. He would have to take breaks to storm the gates of Qeynos though.
2) Fippy could smash up some lego cities to have his dreams fulfilled ;D

Offline eqkeelee

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 11:24:03 PM »
Hmmm there's so many good ideas already.
1) Stealing the idea of Fippy christmas tree topper. I don't care if no one else knows what it is, it's going on the tree!
2) Fippy would be used in my EQRPG game I play and maybe an evil wizard has enlarged him so he can actually destroy something. The party would have a ruff time taking on a two story fippy!

Offline gotcharms

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 11:29:59 PM »
Ever since I was a young child I have always wanted a stuffed Fippy.

My mother used to say "don't worry, you'll have a stuffed Fippy when you get older, there's plenty of Fippys to go around."

As I aged, my desire to possess my own stuffed Fippy only grew.

All of my friends had stuffed Fippys. They'd bring them to class, regaling each other with tales of how they'd spent the evening with Fippy.

And still I sat with no Fippy.

My jealousy and yearning began to grow and fester. It planted a dark seed within me.

Finally, on my 18th Birthday, I was able to go out and buy my own Fippy. I had saved all my pennies from working in the salt mines and was at last prepared to purchase my very own stuffed Fippy.

I headed down to the mall and ran straight to the Fippy store, a twinkle in my eye and a spring in my step.

The Fippy store was closed. Every Fippy had been sold. There were no Fippys available. There would never again be another Fippy to be had. My dreams of growing old and dying with my stuffed Fippy were over.

My head began to spin. Everything I had worked so hard for, every day I'd spent yearning seemed to flash in my mind. Every moment of emptiness, every tear of disappointment, every aching second collided in one terrifying instant of pure despair.

My world ended that day.

So you see, if I win a Fippy, that's why I'd probably set him on my desk. I would definitely take a picture.

I might also take him to work so that my coworkers could share in the delight that a stuffed Fippy can bring.

Got Fippy ? :(

Offline Miinglee

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 12:37:47 AM »
1) Maybe geocache and post the coords on here for someone to go on an eq based scavenger hunt.
2) set him on the dash and take fippy everywhere I go!

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2019, 05:33:03 PM »
Thanks to everyone that entered! I loved reading all your creative responses, and got several laughs along the way! We hope you enjoyed participating in this contest!

The winner, by random drawing, is Dirtypaws