Author Topic: EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Ranger LED Sign  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Ranger LED Sign
« on: August 23, 2022, 07:09:19 PM »

EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Ranger LED Sign

Be sure to read all the rules by clicking here!

This contest is sponsored by Timber & Twine!  Be sure to check out their Etsy shop!

For this contest we want to hear about your most memorable experience playing a Ranger!  Was it clearing Plane of Time for the first time with your guild?  Perhaps finishing your 2.0?  Whatever it was, tell us all about it!  You can include as much or as little detail as you like.  All entries will be randomed on 12/13/2022 to determine a winner.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:29:36 PM by Rorce »

Offline Balfor

Re: EQResource Wall Sign Giveaway - Ranger LED Sign
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 10:53:16 PM »
Howdy All

With 23 years of memories playing Balfor choosing the most memorable is ... interesting. For me it was the first years when everything was fresh. Lost a corpse in Blackburrow, Running from QH to Freeport, Taking the boat from Freeport to ButcherBlock (fell off lost another corpse).. Those where the days. But the greatest memories I have are the Friendships I was able to create with people from all over.

Offline RezzNEffex

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 01:22:32 PM »
As my name implies, for the longest time, I played a cleric, but when mercs came out, cleric wasn't nearly as needed or desired as before, so for a change of pace, I rolled a Ranger. Oddly enough, the dying part is one of the most fun.   :)) :)) The Ranger 2.0 is one of my favorites though....the look, anyway. I still use the ornament all the time at 120.

Offline Tvaran

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 11:21:52 AM »
I've played a ranger since I started eq in 2015, which probably makes me an eternal newbie to veterans. Thunderkiks, my fiancee, got me started and once she saw what class I picked she told me I'd be dying a lot. Considering I manage to make above average mistakes while playing, it seems the perfect class for me to play, as I can pass some of my deaths off as "well, he's a ranger, so....". I can't think of any super amazing stories, other than blundering around and the frustration of getting the epic 1.5 animal captures at a high/overpowered level, and dueling with a friend playing a rogue where I killed him with a headshot, and while we were laughing about it, I died to one of his poison dots.

Offline TorentNeverwinter

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 01:17:49 PM »
Being a young ranger in the Luclin - OOW era on live ive always wanted my 2.0 once it became available but wasnt attainable due to time/guild/age so once oow became active on my TLP server i made it a mission to get it done asap, pre-launch most if not all rangers on the server were in the TLP ranger discord at the time (or so i thought) and we set up a rotation so we wasnt fighting for spawns ect. and the spawns sometimes bugged out. so there i was waiting for one ranger to get his capture done in temple of cazic thule  had another ranger pop in told him i was next in line waited 45 minutes for the other one to get his done that he could have the camp after i was done and he left was getting down to about spawn time an next thing ik i see a monk come training into the room and kills me so i had my necromancer friend that was in the area pop in a rez me so i could get there b4 the mob popped directly after getting rez'd the mob pops an i see this halfling run in an try to capture my mosquito so i run over and try to get it aswell sorry to say the mob died after trying to fight for aggro i told him that we all had a rotation on the capture mobs and that i already had over an hour and a half invested in the camp and that there was a rotation but he didn't want to hear it, then he continued to show up for the next 2 spawns fighting for aggro/killing the mobs needless to say i stood my ground and finally got what was rightfully mine. sad thing was he halted every other ranger from getting the part done because he didn't want to wait in line, or felt he was more entitled than everyone else. i don't think him or the guild he was in lasted very long on the server and they must of moved to a new/different tlp server to torment the resident's moral of the story, "don't be a *halfling*"

Offline Strumph

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 05:12:35 PM »
Playing a ranger main for 20 years there are a lot of good memories. What really stands out is when we used to weapon shield on raids on incoming. And one time I remember screwing up in Anguish by not hitting it too late and dying. I don't remember if it wiped the raid or if somebody picked it up and did it. Most likely my wife took care of it.

Offline Aimss

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 06:35:14 AM »
I have so many memories on my Ranger it really becomes difficult to choose one, but here we go. I remember a Paladin named Arwhen on Maelin back when I first started that would always sit in Tosk killing pigs and it was my first true friend in EQ. I would always try to convince them to try their hand at raiding and they’d simply reply “that’s a little too fast paced for me.” I went and enjoyed their company and likewise on their end. Eventually they just stopped logging in. That’s was my first true friend in the game and a warm welcome however and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Offline Kinlin

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 11:19:56 AM »
Playing a ranger off and on since 2000, there are so many great memories. A lot of early memories for sure of just traveling the insanely large world, meeting people, chatting and dieing LOTS of dieing haha. Epics have always been my favorite part of the game followed closely by fashionquesting. I felt so accomplished when I got my 1.0 and eventually 1.5 before I quit to play EQ2. When I finally came back for the House of Thule expansion I met a great shaman named Seefamus on Tunare. He taught me how to 2 box and showed me the ropes again. He eventually was able to help me get my 2.0 which I never thought I would have gotten before I left. That moment stands out most because I think the ranger 2.0 is the best looking epic in the game and the greatest class accomplishment.

Offline Kialya

• Premium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 03:11:25 PM »
Hoping to win the ranger sign because I would actually give this to my ranger friend who just came back to the game after many years. We have guilded/played together on/off for over 20 years!

Offline Orienn_Starchaser

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 08:51:08 PM »
I've been playing ranger since 2013, I was playing swtor with a buddy and he told me he used to play EQ and we both just left that game that moment and came back to EQ and jammed out. I was playing a SK, but then I was like well I need a tracker so maybe I'll make a ranger since I've never played one. And had so much fun I stopped playing the SK and went full main on the ranger. Some of my fondest memories were headshotting massive pulls before it got nerfed.

Offline Xplorr

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 06:16:26 PM »
Paper tanks, Agro thieves, tracking fiends, headshot kings. Rangers are awesome and I play mine as often as I can when it’s time to kick back and solo. My first ranger was my tradeskill toon because I wanted to learn fletching. Spent many hours in kelethin doing combines and sinking plat into skillups. Finally got to level my ranger when headshot came out and it was a blast.

Offline Cinexa

• Premium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2022, 05:56:28 PM »
My ranger is Lere on Xegony and she has been in EQ since November 16, 1999 - she was made when Zatozia was running a quest in Lower Fay and wanted us to create a toon.  Since then she has had many memorable events and friends.
I'd love a sign to remember her.  She's a champ.  xo

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2022, 10:38:56 PM »
This contest has ended.  Our big winner is Kinlin!  Thanks all for entering!