Author Topic: March 24, 2012 - New Way to View Quests!  (Read 9113 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
March 24, 2012 - New Way to View Quests!
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:00:55 PM »
Hey guys!
We have released some screenshots of some new additions we are going to be doing to the Quest guides. These will take some time and start with Newer quests added to older ones. We have no time frame when these will be done, you may see them done in "waves" instead of all at once.

We have shown it off in our Facebook album we just posted: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.296925343713905.68103.204898749583232&type=1

Currently we have it set up for Old way + New way. We are unsure if we will keep the old way going forward.

We wanted to make it easier to find Walkthrough + Map combos instead of having to do things like remember the color then try to find the map below (in the Case of a quest like Lucky 13 where there are 11 map images to try to find one of the 12 step images and various other "long" quests like this, we coulda done maps in between steps, but this would still be a kind of long mess). We felt we could do a better job of adding these things together and overall making it easier and more efficient to find what you want and with the additions shown, hopefully it will be much easier to Quest and go through our Quest walkthroughs :)

Feel free to give us your thoughts in this thread!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:58:10 AM by Riou »

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: New Way to Quest!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »
Update to this:
13th Anniversary Quests are all completed with new additions on top!
Extra things added: Clicking Quest Giver will do a single map hover over with Giver: name and Request: phrase, Ground Spawns received this as well, Ground Spawns also show the image in the hover over box!

VoA is still in progress and will be done over time, HoT will be after, but HoT will take longer due to having to redo most tasks :)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »
We would like your feedback on this now that part of it is live. Like it? Hate it? Let us know! Here or Contact Us!

Thanks!

Offline Blabberpuss

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:36:37 AM »
I like the way you have made it easy to walkthrough a quest, everything is there cept for one thing. Level suggested. I also didn't see any missions that could be soloed, do they all require a group? One mission has (Group) in the title, yet all the other missions do not, but once you click them they display in Task Type: Group. I assume the 1 minimum, 6 maximum refers to the number of groups that can do it together???

Looks good.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 10:17:40 AM »
I like the way you have made it easy to walkthrough a quest, everything is there cept for one thing. Level suggested. I also didn't see any missions that could be soloed, do they all require a group? One mission has (Group) in the title, yet all the other missions do not, but once you click them they display in Task Type: Group. I assume the 1 minimum, 6 maximum refers to the number of groups that can do it together???

Looks good.

Suppose should add Player after the type like Group, 1 Minimum Player, 6 Maximum or maybe a Player Count: under Group task types like that or such

The (Group) on that one is because that is the quests name I think it does include the (Group) on it

Level Suggested is a hard one :P since it also depends on Gear and Class

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 08:04:42 PM »
Argath is complete and we have added Players to the end of the player counts to help make it less chance of confusion

Level suggested is a hard one though. We can pull in intended levels from the overviews into Quest Page Overviews (Most quests should be appropriately tuned for the Tier), and maybe point out the ones that are out of whack tuning wise

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: March 24, 2012 - New Way to View Quests!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 02:58:15 AM »
With VoA Quests and the Anniversary Tasks updated, Have you used the new way to view Quests? Do you like it? Is it confusing to use? Please let us know!