Author Topic: new pc for EQ - and reported dps dropped by a third!  (Read 1451 times)

Offline pryssylus

• Premium Member
new pc for EQ - and reported dps dropped by a third!
« on: February 01, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »
I bought a new PC, installed EQ, and logged my monk in and configured her setup and immediately noticed that my dps had dropped dramatically, per gamparse. DH HAs used to clock in mid-50k's - now i'm low 30s. I ran a test against the dummy in GGH and whereas I used to baseline at 35k, I'm now hitting mid 20k's! I used to run heel of kagali + dicho and hit 135k dps against dummy - I'm now seeing 51k!

I don't track my other toons as closely, but they're all scoring lower as well, so seems to be across the board, but I don't have numbers for the alts.

I have log turned on and am writing everything to it (i.e. chat all set to 'show').

Could this be a parser issue? Is there some setting that I could have tuned differently that would explain this?

FYI, I'm running ver. 1.5.2.17.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Re: new pc for EQ - and reported dps dropped by a third!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:58:00 PM »
Did you copy over all your files? If not you might have been missing things you used to have

Only thing can think of :P

Offline pryssylus

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 02:48:58 PM »
Thanks Riou - I wasn't able to access old machine to copy files over but I did just find a copy of a logfile, which shows identical numbers on both machines, which leads me to believe this is not a parser issue, and that I'm doing way less dmg for some reason. I've filed a ticket with DBG support, so hoping they can help.

Considering this closed from Gamparse perspective.

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:32:15 PM »
Do you have all of the damage filters in EQ turned on? If you turn off the filters in options > Chat they will not appear in the log and cannot be parsed.

That probably isn't the issue though if you loaded an older log file.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:31:12 AM by Beimeith »