Poll

Which format do you like better for the Named Overview Pages?

Format 1
Format 2
Neither - Leave them as they are!
Other - Post suggestions in this thread.

Author Topic: June 6, 2012 - We need your feedback!  (Read 11023 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
June 6, 2012 - We need your feedback!
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:05:03 AM »
We have begun preparing for the next expansion, and have decided to swap formatting on some pages in an effort to make them easier to navigate. I have came up with 2 new formats for the Named Overview Pages, and would like to hear feedback from you guys on which you prefer! Please visit the thread on the forums HERE to vote on which format you prefer!

Format 1: https://voa.eqresource.com/namelunanyntest1.php

Pros:
 - Very informative.
 - All information for every named is on one page, you don't have to click the named's link to get more information.

Cons:
 - A lot of scrolling, especially if you are trying to find nameds that spawn close to each other.
 - Higher resource usage.

Format 2: https://voa.eqresource.com/namelunanyntest2.php

Pros:
 - Minimal scrolling.
 - Less resource usage.

Cons:
 - Have to click on a named's link to get all information for it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:23:03 AM by Rorce »

Offline Keshua

Re: June 6, 2012 - We need your feedback!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »
I've been following your site since VoA came out and really enjoyed all the great info you guys have had about the named mobs and their loot and PH locations. The one thing that I thought could make the info you all have here even better... was a map with all the PHs on it. I love the new formats!

It's a tough choice here. I like being able to see the loot each mob has without too much clicking around, but I must say the 2nd one is my favorite. Very little scrolling involved and the layout is very neat. I really like it. and the mini-map on top is awesome, especially since all the numbers are right below :)
Keshua Warclaws, lv 100 Vah Shir Warrior
Canudance, Lv 100 Vah Shir Bard
<Pak`Cafan>
Drinal server

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 09:03:20 PM »
I've been following your site since VoA came out and really enjoyed all the great info you guys have had about the named mobs and their loot and PH locations. The one thing that I thought could make the info you all have here even better... was a map with all the PHs on it. I love the new formats!

It's a tough choice here. I like being able to see the loot each mob has without too much clicking around, but I must say the 2nd one is my favorite. Very little scrolling involved and the layout is very neat. I really like it. and the mini-map on top is awesome, especially since all the numbers are right below :)

Thanks for the feedback! I figured the map showing all named locations together would be popular, as this has been requested by a couple people.

Offline Fatbuk

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:25:49 PM »
I like the second. Anything with less scrolling.

Don't confuse effort with accomplishment

Offline Dorillion

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
I would love to have both options available.
I would definately use both if they were there.

Voting for 2 if I have to choose.

A list with the namers numbers in the big map or the names in the map would be even more awesome.

Offline Hamfiend

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
I like option 2. Reminds me of old eqatlas.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 11:24:18 PM »
Big thank you to everyone who voiced their opinion and gave feedback on this! We have converted all of the VoA Named Overview pages to format 2. If you see any mistakes, please let us know!

As always, we love hearing from you guys. If you have comments, suggestions, or questions please do not hesitate to contact us!