All servers will come down at 4:00 AM PT (Noon GMT) for the Empires of Kunark expansion launch. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 8 hours. We'll see you in Kunark!
Check this out and more in our EQ Calendar
(Be sure to set it to your time zone [in settings on the Calendar] for your times!).
DBStr Changes: http://spells.eqresource.com/dbstrhistory.php?mdy=11162016
EQStr Changes: http://spells.eqresource.com/eqstrhistory.php?mdy=11162016
Spell Changes: http://spells.eqresource.com/history.php?mdy=11162016
November 16, 2016
After decades of slumber, Imperator Tsaph Katta awakens and vows to reform the Combine Empire. With the former glorious capital of his nation rebuilt in the treacherous lands of Kunark, Tsaph Katta vows to cement his place in the annals of history as The Great Unifier. Not all are ready to bend to the will of Katta and his allies, least of all the current inhabitants of Kunark.
Make haste and return to the ruins of Kunark to play your part in the coming turmoil!
*** Highlights ***
- EverQuest's 23rd expansion, "Empires of Kunark" is out now!
- With the expansion comes an exciting new feature - the Familiar Key Ring!
- Added the Task Overlay Window.
*** Items ***
- Added the Familiar Key Ring feature.
- - The Familiar Key Ring provides 10 slots for you to store your familiar friends! Familiars can be added or removed from the Key Ring at any time, making it easy to organize the companions you want to have in your pack. In addition to freeing up precious bag space, the Familiar Key Ring also provides you with the ability to apply the stats of one familiar to the appearance of another, giving you more ways to customize your companion in-game.
- - In addition to this, pet classes that previously had to decide between having a familiar or a combat pet specific to their class can now have BOTH out at the same time!
- - Each character on your account will be granted a Familiar Key Ring with 10 slots. Need even more room than that? To unlock additional slots on your Key Ring, you can purchase them in the Marketplace or get them by upgrading your expansion to the Collector’s Edition or Premium Edition.
- Inspecting a recipe book will now display 'Scribed' if you have learned all of the recipes the book is able to teach you and 'Not Scribed' if scribing the book would teach you new recipes.
*** Spells ***
- If you own the Familiar Key Ring feature, any illusion spells on summoned pets will persist when you zone.
- Corrected a number of visual issues related to height and illusion spells:
- - Applying and removing an illusion after having your height modified should now consistently return you to your adjusted height. Previously some illusion spells would return you to your racial default height rather than your shrunk/grown height.
- - Players under the effects of an illusion should now consistently appear to be the correct height to other players. This should reduce the likelihood of seeing 6-foot-tall gnomes.
- The initial damage or healing on certain spells that have a duration can now land critically. Previously, spells that healed a target or dealt damage when they landed but also had a duration would not roll a critical chance.
- Improved how buffs stack when checking spell effects that modify particular skills. If two buffs use the same spell effect in the same slot but impact different skills, they will now be allowed to stack.
- - Example: Previously, if a Monk had activated Steelfist Discipline (which increases Round Kick damage by 270% in slot 5) and a Beastlord activated Group Bestial Alignment (which increases all melee damage by 30% in slot 5) the Beastlord's effect would not have taken hold on the Monk. Under the new rules, the abilities are allowed to coexist because they are modifying different skills.
- Added the ability for Warlowe Rida in the Plane of Tranquility to help you [remember] your progressive spell progress and make sure you have the highest rank available. If you have lost ranks of these abilities due to race changes or other errors, please consult her.
- Increased the base accuracy of all pets summoned by spells between levels 101 and 105. This should help them hit NPCs, particularly raid targets, much more often.
- Ranked pets in these levels now gain much more accuracy per rank than they did before.
- Boosted the base accuracy of all unfocused pets.
- Boosted the rate of accuracy gain per focus level for focused pets.
- Several buffs that increase the damage of a limited number of spells have been adjusted so that they will only focus spells that deal more than 100 points of damage. This should prevent cases like the Magician Rampaging Servant line of spells from consuming charges from Flames of Power.
- Changed all healing spells that formerly would have given additional bonus healing under certain conditions to now heal for either their base amount or a larger bonus amount. The following spells were changed:
- - All Cleric spells that gave bonus healing for targets at low health
- Changed all damage spells that formerly would have dealt additional bonus damage under certain conditions. They will now deal a base amount of damage or a larger amount of damage with bonuses. These bonuses were increased over their former amounts of damage to account for the loss of additional spell damage effects on each "line." The following spells were changed:
- - All Cleric/Paladin/Druid spells that dealt additional damage to undead or summoned creatures
- - All Shadowknight/Necromancer spells that dealt additional damage to plants
- - All Magician spells that would hit multiple times based on the number of pets active on the target's hatelist
- Beastlord - Removed push from the Envenomed Breath line of DoT spells.
- Berserker - Moved Dichotomic Rage from timer 18 to timer 21.
- Druid - Changed Nurturing Growth so it will function correctly if you have a familiar or pet active when you cast it.
*** NPC ***
- Added the ability to rename your familiars. To bring up the familiar name change window, use the command "/changefamiliar." This will require the new item Potion of Familiar's Amnesia on the marketplace. Familiars will now also have a tag under their name to indicate their owner if their names have been changed.
- Beastlord warders who have their names changed will now display their owners' names.
- A Grimling Hero in Acrylia will now despawn if he's been up and idle for several minutes.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Karam Dragonforge will spawn correctly on servers that have not yet unlocked Secrets of Faydwer. Like Praetorian Myral, he also has returned from his beard grooming appointment.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- You may now have a pet and a familiar summoned at the same time. The familiar has been removed from the pet window and the command "/pet leave" will no longer function for familiars.
- Added a slash command "/familiar leave" to tell the familiar to go away. Also added a button to the Familiar tab in the Key Rings window to tell the familiar to leave as well.
- Corrected a visual bug that could cause some Luclin PC models to appear to be standing up rather than riding when running while mounted.
- Statistic buffs have been split from familiar buffs and dismissing a familiar will now also remove the 'Summon Familiar' buff.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive a reduced lockout timer when they were invited to an expedition that had reduced lockout timers.
- Addressed an issue that would cause fellowship leaders to sometimes change randomly.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes block completion of task elements in Heroic Adventures when they required completing the element multiple times.
*** UI ***
- Added the task overlay window. This window is on by default and its behavior is slightly different from other windows in the UI:
- - It defaults to 0% opacity. This can be changed using the right click menu.
- - It defaults to allowing clicks through. This can also be disabled using the right click menu.
- - The window is locked by default, preventing accidental moves.
- - You can click on task names to pop up and hide the full quest window.
- - In addition to "/taskoverlay," you can show/hide the window using the EQ button or via a hotkey.
- - Mouse scroll is active on the window to allow you to quickly scroll through your active and shown quests.
- - Tasks can be shown and hidden easily using the new checkboxes in the quest window.
- Added some options for the task overlay window:
- - Automatically add new tasks to task overlay (defaulted to on).
- - Show only open steps for the task (defaulted to on).
- - Add most recent task to top (defaulted to off).
- Added an "Auto Leave" toggle to the Familiars tab of the Key Rings window to make most familiars automatically leave when you are summoning a familiar or when zoning. This will not affect any buffs that a familiar will provide. Note that certain familiars will not be automatically dismissed even if this is checked (for example, the banker).
- Fixed an issue where the pet window will show a pet's corpse name when zoning.
- Added a new map for the Empires of Kunark, accessible through the main Atlas map under "Empires of Kunark".
- - The continent of Kunark in the main Atlas map has been split up so that clicking on the top portion of the Kunark continent will bring up the old Ruins of Kunark map, while clicking on the bottom will bring up the new Empires of Kunark map.
- - Added a new link from the Luclin Underground map to the new Empires of Kunark map.
- Added -
- Changed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- Resolved some issues with Felwithe, Nagafen's Lair, and other zones that would cause the NPCs to be the wrong size, untargetable, and other random issues.
- The EverQuest Team