Author Topic: Berserker AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Berserker AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:06 AM »
[18:46] <@Elidroth> Zerkers..
[18:46] <@Elidroth> BEFORE WE START
[18:46] <@Elidroth> We are aware of the issue with Savage Spirit. We're going to be addressing it with the Sept update
[18:47] <Berserker01> you dont have to you know :)
[18:47] <@Elidroth> Also, the changes that are likely coming with AOE Melee is something we're going to be iterating on for a long time on TEST before they ever go live
[18:47] <@Elidroth> you, Rogues, and Monks are going to be involved in those changes, so PLEASE don't panic unless there is real reason to panic..
[18:47] <@Elidroth> And with that.. Let's go!
[18:47] <Zflik> before we start what is the %dmg on the 3rd rank of battle stomp and what does the 4th rank of bloodfury do from the google docs .
[18:48] <Warbane> Zflik plz, keep it in order troll.
[18:48] <Zaknaffein> cheres, Hope the tooth is feeling better, toothaches can be some of the more excruciating types of pain.
[18:49] <Behelit> where do you see Zerkers realistically needing improvements Eli? so that we can better self filter requests
[18:49] <@Elidroth> I increased the strength of Bloodshield basically
[18:50] <@Elidroth> Behelit.. the main thing zerkers need is sustained.. actually that's the ONLY thing they really need
[18:50] <@Elidroth> we completely agree that you guys need help from the 2-minute wonder syndrom
[18:50] <@Elidroth> e
[18:51] <Berserker01> Any chance for a Self proc HHE AA similar to rogues/monks ?
[18:51] <Zflik> battle stomp is a key part of what sustained we do have so what is the 3rd rank going to be or is that still being decided?
[18:51] <@Elidroth> Now that we've fixed hundred hands, it's possible.. I'll just need some testing to work out the amounts
[18:52] <Behelit> ok well lets get these out of the way first: when you talk to Aristo could you bring up an Extended Berserking Discipline AA line, Hastened Avenging Flurry, Hastened Cleaving Acrimony, and Hastened Overpowering Frenzy
[18:52] <@Elidroth> increased damage mod
[18:53] <Berserker01> While you're talking to aristo maybe talk about an AA to turn the root from frenzied resolve into a snare :)
[18:54] <@Elidroth> Can't do that
[18:54] <@Elidroth> can only change the actual ability
[18:54] <Behelit> any chance for Hastened Communion of Blood - reduces the recast of Communion of Blood by 30sec per rank, ideally would like 5-6 ranks to put the recast at 7-7.5min.?
[18:55] <@Elidroth> No..
[18:55] <@Elidroth> Endurance is not going to change right now
[18:55] <Krixis> Are the new ranks of blinding fury the ranks with decreasing chance of blind?
[18:56] <@Elidroth> yes
[18:56] <Behelit> any chance at Hastened Self Preservation - Additional ranks to lower the recast, ideally 2-3 more ranks which would drop the recast to 3-4 min.?
[18:57] <@Elidroth> No.. I think you're quick enough on refresh for Self Preservation
[18:57] <Rorcex> while talking about blinding and frenzied resolve - much of our burn requires us to be blind and rooted for periods of time. we dont have any kind of npc positioning tools. would it be possible to get a very short duration (1 tick) gravitate NPC to us AA? long reuse, with the possibility of hastened and extended AA's in future expansions?
[18:57] <@Elidroth> Hmm
[18:58] <@Elidroth> Mostly I've been resisting positioning abilities, but I'll look into this one
[18:58] <Rorcex> thank you
[18:58] <Zflik> one more rank of hastened reckless abandon so it's not a longer reuse than savage spirit
[18:58] <Zflik> would be nice
[18:58] <@Elidroth> I'm sure it would.. :P
[18:58] <Berserker01> Extended Savage Spirit AAs :)
[18:59] <Behelit> any chance at Extended Havoc - additional ranks to increase the duration, currently at 1:12 duration. ideally 3 more ranks to reduce the frequency Cry Havoc needs to be clicked?
[18:59] <Zflik> since SS is essentially not worth using without RA well except right now in its bugged state :P having RA be longer recast doesn't do much for us
[18:59] <Krixis> Will savage spirit be going back to the combat window (i.e no longer able to stack with disciplines)?
[19:01] <@Elidroth> yes
[19:01] <Krixis> thanks, will enjoy it while it lasts.
[19:04] <Berserker01> Any chance for more ranks of cascading rage that add a small triple attack chance ?
[19:04] <@Elidroth> No.. I'd really prefer to not extend that ability line any more
[19:05] <Behelit> any chance at Rampant Frenzy - Passive, gives Frenzy the ability to hit an additional 1-2 times. Currently Frenzy can hit for a random 1-3 strikes, this AA would give it a chance to trigger 1-2 additional Frenzy hits. The coding should exist from the Monk AA Technique of Master Wu, assuming it can be applied to Frenzy (SPA 283 SpecialAttackChain)?
[19:05] <@Elidroth> It cannot
[19:06] <@Elidroth> SpecialAttackChain is monk only
[19:06] <Zflik> you didnt directly acknowledge it earlier but a chance at hastened avenging flurry and cleaving acrimony to bring them down to hopefully the 10ish min range would be nice to match out other discs. also extended berserker line would be sweet
[19:07] <@Elidroth> I said I'd have to run those by Aristo
[19:07] <Behelit> any chance at looking into Student of War - Passive, raises skill cap on Frenzy by 5-10 points per rank. Currently at 230 Frenzy skill.?
[19:09] <Larenea> hey guys
[19:09] <Krixis> Thoughts on adding a "massive strike" frenzy ability?
[19:10] <@Elidroth> No thoughts at all.
[19:10] <@Elidroth> Student of War idea seems doable
[19:11] <Behelit> any chance at Warmonger's Rending - Passive, gives a chance to proc a single large Frenzy hit when using the Frenzy skill?
[19:12] <Behelit> looking to increase Frenzy as much as possible as our means of sustained dps if you hadnt guessed
[19:12] <Behelit> since its not effected by adps its really the safest choice imo
[19:13] <Larenea> Id like to see something happen with our Agony of Absolution AA. As of right now, its an extremely situational (if its useful at all) AA with the long debuff to cure timer. A prime example of this would be Neriak 1 raid, where the slow is randomly shot out. As a berserker, if you get the slow, popping agony of absolution is useless because of how long it takes to cure the actual slow
[19:13] <@Elidroth> No.. I'm not going to do a massive strike ability
[19:13] <Larenea> Id suggest maybe making it a lower debuff to cure timer and giving it a longer reuse
[19:13] <Larenea> its current state is 99% useless
[19:13] <Behelit> thats fine, but do you agree Frenzy is an area we should be focused on?
[19:14] <@Elidroth> Agony of Absolution can get some hastening
[19:14] <Zflik> agony of absoulition needs to be an instant cure with a dot after not a dot then cure really makes its usefullness very very limited
[19:14] <Zflik> since most the things you want to cure are right now not in 20+ secs
[19:15] <Larenea> exactly
[19:15] <Larenea> even if we pop it in a group environment, most of the time our mercs/healer cure it faster
[19:15] <Behelit> any chance at something like Screaming Axes - Passive, gives throwing attacks a chance to debuff mobs to take increased damage from throwing for 1-2 tics. 40-45% increased throwing dmg taken debuff on a 150-200 proc rate mod. We had a spell line "X Scream" that would debuff the mob to take increased throwing + archery dmg but it hasn't been touched since Rang
[19:15] <Larenea> which makes it situational to soloing, or getting a horrible healer who refuses to cure
[19:15] <@Elidroth> The effectiveness won't change.
[19:16] <@Elidroth> reuse can
[19:16] <Behelit> -Ranger's got the Called Shots debuff for archery. Would be nice to see it converted over to an AA, ideally passive although activated would work as well
[19:16] <Behelit> sorry it got cut off
[19:17] <@Elidroth> The Screaming Axes idea can work, but I'll have to play with the numbers a fair amount to keep it reasonable
[19:18] <Behelit> kk ty
[19:18] <Behelit> any chance for something like Vengeful Retribrution - Passive killshot proc, grants a 3 hit counter buff of Increase Frenzy Damage by 100% (30s-1m duration). Battle Stomp is at a 35% hit dmg mod (and being upgraded in TDS) and Killing Spree is at 30% so we need a new killshot proc.
[19:20] <@Elidroth> You don't need a new killshot
[19:21] <Berserker01> .... the current one has no effect
[19:21] <Rorcex> current one is 100% useless
[19:21] <Berserker01> it procs and all but the effect is less than battle stomp
[19:21] <Rorcex> could it be changed, instead of a new one? maybe new ranks with some kind of addition?
[19:22] <Krixis> possibly increase the endurance returned?
[19:22] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss it.. I wouldn't count on it though
[19:22] <Behelit> probably have to talk to Aristo about this one if its even doable but Fractured Rage - Gives a 8/10/12% chance to bring forth a second doppleganger when using Phantom Assailant. For reference the doppleganger does ~50k damage on a 2min recast.
[19:23] <Zflik> maybe just give zerkers a new rank of killing spree that is just a 5% boost above whatever the new rank of battle stomp ends up being so its not useless
[19:23] <@Elidroth> Can't
[19:23] <@Elidroth> I can't make an AA affect the spell like that
[19:24] <Krixis> second rank of desperation to make it innate?
[19:26] <@Elidroth> No
[19:26] <Behelit> any chance at something like Gouging Frenzy - Activated, AE skill attack that deals 3 Frenzy strikes debuffing mobs in range. The debuff would be a small -AC (30), -Agi (85), -Movement Speed (40%) with a duration of 30sec, 90-120sec recast.
[19:27] <@Elidroth> Not from me.
[19:27] <@Elidroth> That kind of reuse is more suited for Aristo
[19:28] <Larenea> chance of more distraction attack ranks?
[19:28] <@Elidroth> Can do that
[19:29] <Behelit> Binding Axe - additional ranks to increase the skill attack damage and attack debuff value. Ideally would also like it changed to cast the skill attack and root+debuff separately so that it can still be used on movement-speed change immune mobs for the damage(particularly raid mobs).
[19:31] <@Elidroth> I'll have to think about tha tone
[19:31] <@Elidroth> that one
[19:31] <quatreh> what about an AA that improve dommage by a fixed value but put a reverse DS on the zerker ? ( duration // reuse could be the same than augmented frenzy, it could help for sustain)
[19:33] <@Elidroth> Reverse DS would have to go on the npc
[19:34] <Zflik> can we have a frenzied frenzy aa like frenzied volley that has a chance to proc skill atk frenzies from each frenzy that is done?
[19:34] <quatreh> idea is that the zerker harm himself each time he use his weapon
[19:34] <Berserker01> sigh
[19:35] <Exhymn> is there a way to maybe do something like 2 hand Proficiency buff kinda like wars ones that we can use to help substaine dps?
[19:35] <Larenea> what about a way of using desperation, which hasnt been upgraded since GoD? Odds of a berserker being in range for it to be effective, whether it be in a group or raid environment, are slim to none. Maybe bumping the HP threshhold to 90%, which we can automatically lock ourselves at
[19:37] <Berserker01> whats desperation ? lol
[19:38] <@Elidroth> It's a self buff.. when exactly are you not in range of yourself?
[19:38] <Behelit> they mean the HP range, the overhaste doesnt kick in till your well below 50% HP. but its a dead AA not many looking to make it meaningful
[19:39] <Larenea> i mean the HP threshhold, and yes. If the HP threshhold were upped to 90%, the dead AA would be useful again.
[19:40] <@Elidroth> I don't have a way to modify that
[19:41] <@Elidroth> that ability uses a weirdly coded level effect modifier on it that I can't manipulate
[19:41] <Behelit> any chance at something like Potion of Rage - activated, slight increase to proc chance (75%) and proc damage (increase spell dmg by 10-15%) for 60sec on a 10-15min recast?
[19:42] <@Elidroth> Possibly
[19:42] <Berserker01> 2 hand Proficiency buff kinda like wars ones that we can use to help substained dps? That would not work while you have an active disc going.
[19:43] <@Elidroth> Can add some 2h flat damage amount stuff
[19:43] <Krixis> Endurance version of "Mass, affected"
[19:44] <@Elidroth> No
[19:44] <Behelit> any chance at Hastened Rampage - Additional rank(s) to lower the recast, ideally 2 more ranks which would drop the recast to 1min?
[19:44] <@Elidroth> As I've said many times.. Endurance is going to remain a valuable resource
[19:46] <Krixis> half the ranks of mass, since we have warrior origins?
[19:46] <@Elidroth> I could see maybe 1 rank of Hastened Rampage
[19:47] <Zflik> on the topic of rampage is another range of rampage an option ?
[19:47] <@Elidroth> No.. Mass Affected was to address a specific need for Warriors
[19:48] <@Elidroth> Rampage is fine now + the hastened rank
[19:48] <Zflik> kk
[19:48] <Berserker01> We have a specific need of endurance :) I wont comment on other classes, but if our sustained needs to be higher we can't be running out of endurance 2 minutes into the fight just saying
[19:48] <@Elidroth> Don't burst and crazy
[19:48] <@Elidroth> and you won't run out
[19:48] <Behelit> Reckless Abandon - Additional rank to increase the duration of Reckless Abandon/Reckless Abandon Recoure I/Reckless Abandon Recourse II to 3 ticks (18sec) each, they are currently at 2 ticks each (12sec). This would put the guaranteed portion of the effect up to 54sec (up from 36s) with the chance at another 12sec for a total of 66sec (up from 48s).
[19:48] <@Elidroth> as*
[19:48] <Behelit> Would also like to see the Hit Dmg mod increased slightly on Reckless Abandon and its recourses from 75/80/85/87 to 77/82/87/89, so that would be Reckless Abandon at 77%, Reckless Abandon Recourse I at 82%, Reckless Abandon Recourse II at 87%, and Reckless Abandon Chance I at 89%.
[19:49] <Hakmer> if we don;t burst and we can't sustain.. we serve no purpose
[19:51] <Behelit> crap just looking and my spell data is wrong on the hit dmg % numbers, but a +2% increase was what I'm asking for on each recourse
[19:51] <@Elidroth> I'd rather leave Reckless Abandon alone
[19:51] <Zflik> alot of our end problems comes our 4 combat abilities + 4 self buffs we pretty much always need to keep up/on cool down just to do our best non burning sustained
[19:53] <quatreh> an AA that give us some "little" chance to recover some endurance when using shared line ?
[19:53] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss that with the rest of the team..
[19:53] <@Elidroth> we'll see

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Re: Berserker AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
[19:53] <Berserker01> not spamming out 12s abilities = less sustained dps shrugs
[19:54] <Berserker01> *our
[19:54] <Behelit> any chance for Hastened Uncanny Resilience - 1 more rank to drop the recast to 3min?
[19:54] <Zflik> along those same lines maybe just talk to aristo about lowering the end on shared line or giving us an aa to reduce it would help end a bit
[19:55] <@Elidroth> I'll give you 1 last rank of Hastened Uncanny Resilience
[19:58] <Zflik> any chance you could make battle stomp just a permant buff or last for like 10 mins since it has 100% as it is now but needs to be spammed every 20 secs
[19:58] <Behelit> any chance at Hastened War Cry - Additional ranks to lower recast, ideally 3-4 more ranks which would drop the recast to 9-12min. considering its the lowest group HHE effect among Quick Time and beastlord's fury line
[19:58] <Zflik> 100 percent uptime that is
[19:59] <@Elidroth> No
[20:01] <Zflik> can we get battle stomp extended one more tic so its not a spamming it to recast it right as it comes up?
[20:01] <@Elidroth> Battle Stomp is staying as is
[20:01] <Zflik> kk
[20:02] <Berserker01> any chance at adding overhaste to battle stomp so when we don't have a bard our sustianed doesn't fall into no where land.
[20:02] <Berserker01> nvm :)
[20:03] <Behelit> any chance at something like Bloodshield - activated, grants a temporary increase to maximum HP for a short duration, drains endurance while active. ideally lasting ~60sec on a 10-15min recast?
[20:04] <@Elidroth> Why?
[20:05] <Behelit> because with open wound running we have 89% HP so this would provide us with a short duration "counter" by increasing max HP raising the effective 89% HP
[20:06] <@Elidroth> I'm not really a fan of the idea, but I'll talk it over with Aristo.. No guarantees
[20:08] <quatreh> some hastened volley so it could increase sustain ?
[20:09] <@Elidroth> for which Volley?
[20:09] <Behelit> any chance at a passive that lowers Frenzy recast by a second or two?
[20:09] <Krixis> add to that hastened axe of rallos
[20:10] <Krixis> likely brutal volley line
[20:10] <@Elidroth> I don't see how allowing you to spam volley abilities faster is going to change sustained damage
[20:11] <quatreh> volley is 12 second reuse if we get some hastened we can dps a bit more in sustain
[20:11] <Berserker01> right now its 12s reuse. Lowering it to 9s means you would get more volleys in over time which would increase sustained.
[20:11] <Rorcex> and drain endurance faster
[20:11] <quatreh> ( 11 second if we use the slot 3 augment)
[20:12] <Zflik> anychance of some innate defensive i know staffblock won't work for us but can we get more ranks of armor of wisdom or anything to help boost us a bit in that department
[20:12] <@Elidroth> No.. you're not tanks
[20:12] <@Elidroth> sorry.. I saw Defensive
[20:12] <@Elidroth> too many meds.. lol
[20:13] <@Elidroth> You're getting new ranks of Armor of Wisdom
[20:14] <Rorcex> how do you feel about us getting some group ADPS stuff, Elidroth?
[20:14] <Zflik> i mean more on top of what other classes are getting
[20:14] <@Elidroth> No Rorcex. That makes no sense
[20:14] <Berserker01> sigh
[20:15] <Behelit> reasking: any chance for a passive that lowers the Frenzy recast by a second or two?
[20:15] <Krixis> 1 rank of flurry, we are at 18, noticed another class going up to 19
[20:17] <@Elidroth> There are TWO ranks of Hastened Frenzy coming.. Did people read the documentation I put out?
[20:18] <Behelit> that hastens our "Frenzy" line of self proc discs, not the innate Frenzy skill
[20:18] <Rorcex> thats not what hes asking
[20:18] <Berserker01> Hastened Frenzy doesnt effect frenzy attack :)
[20:18] <Krixis> hastened frenzy only affets fearless frenzy line
[20:18] <Behelit> im asking about the innate Frenzy skill being 1-2 sec faster
[20:18] <@Elidroth> Perhaps this would be a good time to be clear on what you're asking for
[20:19] <@Elidroth> I'll do 1 rank for now.. let's see how it goes
[20:19] <Behelit> kk ty
[20:19] <Rorcex> how much of a decrease will the 1 rank be?
[20:20] <@Elidroth> 1 second
[20:21] <Krixis> is that pre or post haste affected?
[20:21] <@Elidroth> It reduces the skill timer
[20:21] <quatreh> hastened brutal volley line is a no ?
[20:22] <@Elidroth> That will only make you use up endurance faster..
[20:22] <Rorcex> could we get a new line to extend tireless sprint?
[20:23] <Behelit> hastening for Tireless Sprint would be nice as well
[20:23] <@Elidroth> Can do both
[20:23] <Berserker01> volley is our lowest endurance spam attack :)
[20:23] <Rorcex> thanks
[20:24] <@Elidroth> which doesn't change anything I just said btw..
[20:24] <Berserker01> lowering it to 9s would make you use 200 more endurance per minute not really much more endurance
[20:25] <@Elidroth> It doesn't matter if it cause you to use 10 endurance more per minute.. it's still more, and when you're talking about using endurance too quickly.. that's not exactly the right direction
[20:29] <Zflik> so ill ask again any chance we could get frenzied frenzy like frenzied volley where each frezy done can proc a skill atk frenzy similar to frenzied volley triggering more throws off of any throwing atk
[20:29] <Berserker01> no
[20:29] <Berserker01> :)
[20:30] <Behelit> I know Frenzied Volley has new ranks slated, but is there any chance it could have a 2nd throwing skill attack added to the proc? I'm assuming the skill atk values were increased at roughly the same rate as previous upgrades, in which case Frenzied Volley's damage has stagnated from ~60% to ~40% of our spell volley's skill atk values
[20:30] <@Elidroth> That's the zerker version of If a wood chuck could chuck wood..
[20:31] <@Elidroth> And they're free of mana
[20:32] <@Elidroth> or endurance I mean
[20:32] <McStuffins> AHA! He admitted it! It's really mana!
[20:36] <Krixis> Did anyone ask about extended Juggernaut Surge?
[20:36] <Zflik> i didnt see you acknowledge it but could we get another rank of flurry to atleast match rogues with the next expasion since they're going up to 19 and monks going up to 24 i believe
[20:38] <@Elidroth> Yeah
[20:40] <@Elidroth> What about Juggernaut Surge?
[20:40] <Krixis> making it last longer than 30 seconds
[20:40] <Behelit> any chance at seeing an increase in the duration on it? currently sitting at 30sec
[20:41] <Behelit> either flaggin it extendable or adding an extended line for it would be nice
[20:41] <@Elidroth> No
[20:41] <@Elidroth> It's intended to be short duration
[20:41] <Krixis> how about dropping the reuse?
[20:42] <@Elidroth> I'll do a few ranks of Hastened
[20:44] <Krixis> can you make Juggernauts resolve not drop if we hit battle stomp
[20:45] <@Elidroth> No
[20:45] <@Elidroth> And with that.. I'm going to call it for tonight