Author Topic: Warrior AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 5080 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Warrior AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »
[09:58] <@Elidroth> OK.. so the general thing is.. Keep things on topic to AA, and no class warfare is allowed
[09:58] <@Elidroth> And keep it on topic to the class being discussed
[09:58] <Crystilla> (and use full names, not acronyms)
[09:59] <@Elidroth> That too.. is especially important
[09:59] <Mykaylla> (Who here is a warrior, other than Sphynx, Fllint and Finalstand?)
[09:59] <@Elidroth> There are 16 classes full of acronyms.. lol
[09:59] <Koryu> Warrior
[09:59] <Tadenea> Meethos is Warrior
[10:00] <Zombie_Viper> <-- warr
[10:01] * Zombie_Viper is now known as Repthor
[10:01] <@Elidroth> OK.. I've also received a PM full of suggestions from another warrior that outlines a perception problem with players who think because I don't do something they asked means I don't listen
[10:01] <@Elidroth> The list is sadly full of things that are just plain unreasonable or not doable
[10:01] <@Elidroth> Such as "Make No Time to Bleed back to the way it was before Aristo nerfed it"
[10:02] <@Elidroth> So to be clear, just because I don't do or agree to a suggestion does not mean I'm not listening..
[10:02] <@Elidroth> One final thing before we get started.. Let's try to keep the questions to one at a time.. Sometimes I have to look up things to determine an answer
[10:03] <@Elidroth> And.. with that we'll get started. Warrior is up first
[10:03] * Tadenea hears crickets
[10:03] <Sphynx> Warrior Imperators precision is listed as getting a 3rd rank on th spreadsheet, what about Imperators Command and Imperators Charge?
[10:04] <sebshaik> (unreasonable or not doable requests usually take up a laaaaaarge portion of these chats - it will behove you and your class to drop those requests ASAP)
[10:04] <Finalstand> Hastened AA what can we have should we list them ? People pretty much want everything lol
[10:05] <Mykaylla> Best off taking it one at a time, Finalstand
[10:06] <@Elidroth> I'm ok with giving a new rank of the other two. The gains may be smaller on Charge, but I'm ok with increasing it slightly.
[10:07] <@Elidroth> As for Hastened.. some things are already as fast as I want them, but feel free to give me a list. Be careful posting a huge list of things as spam guard (not something I control) may prevent you from posting to the channel quickly
[10:07] <Repthor> could we get aas to increase the range of out hate discs most currently are at 100 rage could be healpfull if change of them could be up to 125- 150 range. also blast of anger has a range of 50 could the new rank of this aa also increase the range of it too 125 range ?
[10:07] <@Elidroth> Warrior discs and abilities are short range for a reason. We don't really want to increase that range. Blast of Anger is intended to be a very short range ability.
[10:08] <@Elidroth> I could see extending it a little bit, but it won't be huge
[10:09] <@Elidroth> So the hastened lines that have been requested are:
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Mark of the Mage Hunter
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Flash of Anger
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Warlord's Fury
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Blast of Anger
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Rage of the Forsaken
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Ridicule
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Stormwheel Blades
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Roar of Challenge
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Furious
[10:09] <@Elidroth> No Time to Bleed
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Brace for Impact
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Rampage
[10:09] <@Elidroth> Warrior's Auspice
[10:10] <@Elidroth> Warlord's Tenacity
[10:10] <@Elidroth> Rage of Rallos Zek
[10:10] <@Elidroth> Harassing Shout
[10:10] <@Elidroth> Imperator's Charge
[10:10] <@Elidroth> Imperator's Command
[10:10] <@Elidroth> War Stomp
[10:10] <@Elidroth> Now.. I'll look at those but I won't guarantee they'll get any just yet. Not saying they won't.. just that I can't answer those right now
[10:10] <Fllint> some i would add to that are:
[10:11] <Sphynx> Could the War Stomp just be tied in with the Hastened Leap we already have since it is Battle Leap without the Leap?
[10:11] <Fllint> Gut Punch
[10:11] <Fllint> Projection of fury
[10:11] <@Elidroth> No Sphynx.. It is a different ability
[10:11] <Fllint> Press the attack/grappling strike
[10:11] <@Elidroth> I'll add Gut Punch to the list of things to look at
[10:11] <@Elidroth> Projection is a no. That's as quick as I want it
[10:11] <meethos> can we remove the dot on gut punch?
[10:12] <Fllint> War Cry
[10:12] <@Elidroth> Why Meethos? Just curious
[10:12] <@Elidroth> It's basically just a 1 tick dot
[10:13] <Fllint> Area Taunt
[10:13] <@Elidroth> I wouldn't expect taunt abilities to get much improvement right now
[10:14] <@Elidroth> We are consciously moving agro back into the game as a real thing
[10:14] <meethos> I like not breaking mez when I don't have to. its a fairly fast refresh agro tool that will always break mez.
[10:15] <@Elidroth> So chanters are mezzing after you use gut punch initially and the tick is breaking?
[10:15] <@Elidroth> I'm ok with removing the dot I guess
[10:15] <meethos> before or during. if the mez lands before the damage.
[10:15] <Fllint> tbh yeah i would rather have gut punch just do no damage vs. miniscule damage just for the mez breaking aspect
[10:15] <meethos> yea.
[10:16] <meethos> that is my point, no damage.
[10:16] <Repthor> the dot doosent have any funcionalilty and the dmg is un noticble more of an annoyance
[10:16] <@Elidroth> ok
[10:17] <Repthor> Also with the Change to Rage of the Forsaken, it seems like you accidently broke the ability it no longer increases the aggro on our discs vs mobs. its now listed as only effected players or seems that way and no longer augments our hate vs enemyes only effects vs ourself and other players . that makes the ability broken. not sure if you have rescived 100s of pms about this alreaddy but
[10:17] <Repthor> heads up.
[10:17] <Fllint> would hastened press the attack and grappling strike be possible?
[10:18] <Pitotopi> Keep the small DD on GP, it's cool to break mez from range
[10:18] <@Elidroth> One at a time
[10:19] <@Elidroth> Rage of the Forsaken hits your target for an initial hate value, and then increases your hate mod on anything you attack for the next 5 ticks
[10:20] <Repthor> yes but the 5k hate on trigger land son oruselfs
[10:20] <Repthor> and the hate mod isent applyed to our abilitys currently after the ppatch
[10:20] <Fllint> yeah the initial hate isn't working, not that its a big deal, but yeah its broken
[10:20] <@Elidroth> Initial hate lands on your target
[10:20] <@Elidroth> unless that bug fix didn't make it into the patch :(
[10:21] <Repthor> but right now it isent landing
[10:21] <Koryu> That is how it ought to work, but is not currently. The initial hate value is hitting the Warrior casting it, and the buff isn't modifying the aggro generated even from pure hate abilities.
[10:21] <Finalstand> its casting the message on us
[10:21] <@Elidroth> Oh.. LOL.. sorry.. that's just a bad message
[10:21] <@Elidroth> I'll fix the messaging
[10:22] <@Elidroth> The AA should be casting spell 41090, and reflecting 41089 on you
[10:22] <@Elidroth> Pretty sure we're patching spells if we didn't already this morning
[10:23] <Koryu> That's how it was over the weekend, haven't checked yet since today's patch. Thanks.
[10:23] <@Elidroth> it's possible that bug fix just didn't make the patch in time
[10:24] <@Elidroth> Hastened Press the Attack and Grappling Strike are on the list to be looked into..
[10:24] <Finalstand> so you copied them hastened from that list ?
[10:24] <@Elidroth> OK.. so Press the Attack is hastened by 10 seconds already.. I can go another couple ranks on that
[10:25] <Repthor> can we get an Ae version of Wardlord Grasp. on same timer ?
[10:26] <@Elidroth> Grappling Strike can get the same
[10:26] <Fllint> Thanks!
[10:27] <@Elidroth> I don't think that's such a good idea Repthor
[10:28] <Finalstand> How about an aa Forceful Attraction ?
[10:28] <Sphynx> We covered Hastened aa... what about Extension AA? The one I would be most interested in is Flash of Anger
[10:28] <@Elidroth> Curious about something..
[10:29] <@Elidroth> Are people using the stances.. I know it requires some bandolier magic to use effectively
[10:29] <@Elidroth> ??
[10:29] <Repthor> oonly 2 hand and defensive stance
[10:29] <Finalstand> Defensive and 2 hander
[10:29] <Repthor> duel weild is broken atm
[10:29] <Wip> I use defensive stance all the time
[10:29] <Repthor> we take 10% more dmg when we are duel weilding
[10:29] <@Elidroth> yeah.. I know the dual wield needs some improvement
[10:29] <Wip> 2 hand a little
[10:29] <Toxn-Xeg> i parsed the defensive stance the 35% shield block dosent seem to be working
[10:29] <Finalstand> we need some special attacks when not using a shield
[10:29] <Toxn-Xeg> even thow block is only like 5%
[10:30] <meethos> I use defensive stance all the time. and 2h sometimes.
[10:30] <Sphynx> Defensive and 2hander. If only I could get Last Stand to activate without removing Defensive (or having to remember to reclick Defensive after Last Stand fades)
[10:30] <@Elidroth> The problem with block/shield block is not the ability.. it's the way the NPCs are currently tuned
[10:30] <@Elidroth> we're working on that aspect
[10:30] <@Elidroth> it's an NPC heroic strikethrough issue
[10:30] <Toxn-Xeg> i ment on normal npcs thow
[10:30] <sebshaik> (not a question but big thanks on working on npc strikethrough!)
[10:30] <Toxn-Xeg> i was wondering if it was linked to monk block by accident
[10:31] <Fllint> yeah the 2: Increase Chance to block by 35% - I think is regular ol' block like monks and beastlords have, not shield block
[10:31] <@Elidroth> I'll talk to Aristo about extending Flash of Anger a bit, but no guarantees
[10:32] <Repthor> and warriors cant block we can only shield block . sso the black chance might not do anything
[10:32] <Repthor> unless code works diffrently
[10:33] <@Elidroth> I'll test it out
[10:33] <Repthor> thank you
[10:33] <Toxn-Xeg> could we have a extend bazu and scowl for 1 tick?
[10:33] <@Elidroth> Fixed the dual wield proficiency
[10:33] <@Elidroth> you'll properly take less damage now
[10:34] <meethos> is that live?
[10:34] <Koryu> Excellent.
[10:34] <@Elidroth> no.. I just did it
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:40:10 PM by Riou »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Warrior AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
[10:34] <Mykaylla> I believe he just did it, Meethos.
[10:34] <Mykaylla> Ha, ^
[10:34] <meethos> ok :)
[10:34] <sebshaik> (mykay is mind reader extraordinaire <3)
[10:34] <meethos> sorry, first time to one of these.
[10:34] <@Elidroth> it won't go live until our next full update in Sept
[10:34] <Fllint> could we get a separate single target lurch ability like warlord's grasp that doesn't have an unbroken attention type ability linked to it (it can be on the same timer)
[10:34] <sobmre> hello
[10:35] * Warbane slaps nilwean around a bit with a large trout
[10:35] <Fllint> and maybe a separate short term AA unbroken that doesn't have a lurch attached to it?
[10:35] <@Elidroth> Toxn - I'll talk to Aristo about that.. I can't give an answer right now
[10:35] <Toxn-Xeg> thanks
[10:35] <@Elidroth> I don't like changing his spell/discs without talking to him first
[10:37] <Finalstand> Could you talk to him about the timer issues and the linked disc issues that is half of our problems =p ?
[10:37] <@Elidroth> You mean a separate gravitate type ability?
[10:37] <sobmre> id like aa that makes clicky spells a AA spell
[10:37] <@Elidroth> That's what's getting patched today Finalstand
[10:37] <Warbane> Possible to ask for a flash of anger upgrade when you speak with him about that? I know many 'newer' players, with the heroic characters etc simply skip to the most current level of spell sets. Most times you end up explaining you have to go back multiple expansions to get one of the warriors best discs. Maybe even bargain for the endurance to be increased in return for the extra tick they
[10:37] <Warbane> want.
[10:37] <@Elidroth> There were a lot of discs and AA that had timer conflicts
[10:38] <Fllint> yeah a separate gravitate ability
[10:38] <@Elidroth> To be clear, aggro generation is something we're looking at very carefully right now.. we're not fans of allowing players to completely lock down an npc
[10:38] <Fllint> that you don't have to have the mob on you (or that you can cast on a mob that is higher than 105)
[10:39] <@Elidroth> I think we've given out enough npc positioning type abilities for now honestly
[10:39] <@Elidroth> You're free to try and convince me otherwise though :P
[10:39] <Sphynx> Can the level cap be removed from Warlord's Grasp? Not being able to use it on certain NPCs that are too high a level is frustrating.
[10:39] <sobmre> lets talk about sk burst damage vs pallys
[10:40] <Koryu> Will the new rank of Warlord's Grasp do anything different from the live version, or does it just raise the level cap?
[10:40] <Mykaylla> It is warrior's time, not SK or paladin, Sobmre
[10:40] <Jaerlyn> and this isn't a 'vs' forum
[10:40] <sobmre> my bad im a noob
[10:41] <Warbane> Elidroth - what are the chances the aura can be moved to AA and possibly increased?
[10:41] <Warbane> Myridon's Aura
[10:41] <Finalstand> champion's Aura *
[10:41] <Warbane> He's right.
[10:41] <@Elidroth> Level cap is raised on the new version of Warlord's Grasp
[10:42] <@Elidroth> It also does a little more hate
[10:43] <Toxn-Xeg> would it be possable to get another tank of Imperator's Precision(great for grouping love it so far!)
[10:43] <Fllint> is there any way warlord's grasp could just be split into 2 parts then? One being the lurch and one being the unbroken attention part of it :)? We could just make a hotkey for both of them if we wanted them both on at the same time
[10:43] <@Elidroth> one at a time
[10:43] <@Elidroth> looking into the aura at the moment
[10:45] <@Elidroth> I'll talk to Aristo about the aura.. Not sure he'll want that moved to AA but we'll see
[10:45] <Fllint> There is going to be another rank of Imp precision added Toxn
[10:45] <@Elidroth> Precision has already had a new rank created
[10:46] <@Elidroth> expansion has rank 3
[10:46] <kintail> Figured add it to the queue of answers. Since we are on the AA listing... Will there be any upgrade to Defensive Proficiency AA?
[10:46] <@Elidroth> Not right now
[10:47] <Repthor> Elidroth - could we get an AA to purify ourself of detrimental effect ,(AKA purify body type thing) years of mastering our unheard stamina haave led us to be able to shake off most effects . with a long reuse time?
[10:47] <@Elidroth> I am looking into swapping block for shield block though so that might be an improvement.. lol
[10:47] <@Elidroth> Nope
[10:47] <@Elidroth> Class interdependence needs to be maintained somewhat
[10:47] <Fllint> If you do move the aura to AA could you possibly add the ac from Field Guardian to the Aura and just remove Field Guardian altogether? :)
[10:49] <@Elidroth> Oh.. one other note. Between Paladin and SK time, I'm going to take a short break to run to the lunch truck and grab foot. :P
[10:49] <meethos> ^
[10:49] <Pitotopi> Can you upgrade imperator's charge to something more usefull?
[10:49] <Kollin> So you forgot your foot in the truck?
[10:49] <Beimeith> foot? ;p
[10:49] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss it with Aristo
[10:49] <sebshaik> mmm foot!
[10:50] <Mykaylla> Eww, feet for lunch. Rough.
[10:50] <@Elidroth> yes.. -t + d
[10:50] <@Elidroth> food truck
[10:50] <@Elidroth> 30% cast time improvement, and 30% haste isn't useful?
[10:51] <@Elidroth> sorry.. 35%
[10:51] <Pitotopi> don't stack
[10:51] <Finalstand> That was part of the problem i was speaking of elidroth our champion's aura is locked out by flash of anger and so is field outfitter , same with forceful attraction locking us out of stormwheel blades
[10:51] <Repthor> it had stackign issues with cleric buffs and hhate pots and normal haste the gain is nothing pretty much with cleric mercs and haste pots
[10:52] <@Elidroth> Nothing is going to work in all situations
[10:53] <Repthor> with a 1 minute duration that outs have its never usefull cuz its allways unuseble cuz the short duration and the fact that iits less powerfull then pretty uch anything other then lvl 40 buffs
[10:53] <@Elidroth> There were a lot of AA that had the Is_Skill flag set that shouldn't have
[10:53] <@Elidroth> So many conflicts should be resolved with the spells patch today
[10:54:10] <@Elidroth> I'll look into changing it a bit, but I wouldn't expect huge changes
[10:54:36] <Fllint> Is there any way to make the Archetype AA Concentration work on AA abilities that have a cast time? Currently if a moss snake is hitting us while trying to cast any AA ability with a cast time its interrupted 100% of the time
[10:54:37] <@Elidroth> those abilities were intended to be short duration boosts
[10:54:58] <Fllint> The channeling from it doesn't work at all for AA casts for some reason
[10:54:59] <Tadenea> too bad no notes posted
[10:56:24] <@Elidroth> because it's specifically intended for item clicks
[10:56:41] <kintail> With the AA list im looking at, are we expecting anything new or just upgrading the same stuff from past expansions? Endurance has always been a issue with all classes and Rest has been able to help but any possible AA to get endurance. Maybe conversion of HP for endurance type?
[10:57:04] <@Elidroth> Not likely
[10:57:29] <@Elidroth> There will be some new abilities, but the AA system is somewhat limited by what's left to give
[10:57:38] <Fllint> And if that couldn't be changed, would it be possible to get our Fade ability (Howl of the Warlord) made instant cast so we can actually get it off? All the other pure melee classes that have problems with casting AA abilities with cast times have an instant fade minus warriors
[10:57:42] <@Elidroth> This is only going to get worse as we go forward too
[10:58:01] <Koryu> Would you be open to improving Blade Guardian? A new rank that makes the buff not consumed at all or gives the buff a chance to not be consumed when the low health parry mod is triggered?
[10:58:21] <Koryu> You can cast Howl while Flash of Anger is running.
[10:58:25] <@Elidroth> I can look at adding some channeling skill, but I'm not sure if the code will even look at it for warriors. I'll have to investigate it
[10:58:27] <KyleReese> `I disagree with Elidroth I believe the AA system is going to get stronger ad really buff our abilities
[10:58:37] <kintail> Are there plans for any better endurance regen? Its been an issue for years and getting to a point where we solely rely on it
[10:59:32] <@Elidroth> I looked into Blade Guardian improvements.. I just haven't figured out exactly where I want them to be yet which is why it isn't on the list
[10:59:33] <Fllint> He added 3 ranks of 1 endurance regen
[11:00:00] <kintail> its not enough to make a dent.
[11:00:12] <Finalstand> 2 hand and duel wield special attacks with a quick refresh ?
[11:00:14] <@Elidroth> Endurance is remaining a valuable resource..
[11:00:20] <sebshaik> 18 more endurance per minute... thanks flint!
[11:00:53] <Fllint> lol I didn't say it was a lot, but i don't expect them to do anything else :P
[11:00:56] <@Elidroth> I'll talk with Aristo about maybe giving some improvement
[11:01:04] <kintail> Thanks
[11:03:06] <Repthor> Elidroth- what about an AA that casts a rune on TargetĀ“s Target to help if someone steals aggro and make it no land on the warrior maybe stackign conflict with defensive profficency so we can use it on ourself ? will give us that lil bit more then to ave someone if they over aggro. for jusst a secoond due to aggro mem wipes ect . as mobs hits really hard now
[11:03:28] <Repthor> cant use it on ourselfs
[11:03:39] <@Elidroth> I'm still trying to get code to give me a spell effect version of /shield to do exactly that sort of effect
[11:04:28] <@Elidroth> it hasn't happened yet, but I keep pestering them.. lol
[11:04:29] <@Elidroth> I'm not a fan of giving warriors a bunch of "spell" type things though like runes
[11:04:53] <@Elidroth> though admittedly that's purely for lore reasons
[11:05:10] <Repthor> everythign is a spell tho u cant limit us by that
[11:05:15] <Repthor> all aas are spells kinda
[11:05:16] <California> Any sort of enhanced /shield ... ability to save a cleric or wizard if I was fast enough is a fun positive.
[11:06:00] <@Elidroth> Hmm.. I'm pretty sure I CAN limit you by that.. lol
[11:06:25] <Fllint> How about some lines of small amounts of passive resists to things like snare, mez, charm, blind, etc?
[11:06:28] <Warbane> what about a warrior ability to make an 'invisible wall' so to speak? that shields anyone behind him. Could even be a semi-long re-use and very short duration, just a kind of 'oh *halfling* the aoe is coing' protection button.
[11:06:31] <California> I'm not saying much, because the truth is I'm very happy where I am as a warrior these days.
[11:06:47] <Repthor> Elidroth troll dev lol
[11:07:13] <@Elidroth> No way to do that Warbane.. just don't have the tech.. I really wish I did because those kinds of effects would be very cool, but the EQ engine just doesn't have hooks for that sort of thing
[11:07:21] <Finalstand> Just make the message go like this = Finalstand dives in front of Bob. lore fixed =P
[11:08:23] <@Elidroth> Fllint - some small passive resists to some things might be doable.. but they'll have to be very carefully done so as not to break things.. there are weird tipping points in EQ code sometimes where things go from always hit to never hit in just a few points
[11:09:27] <Fllint> Thanks, just some small amounts of them to go along with warriors from back in the day having stronger resists to magic would be really cool
[11:09:34] <@Elidroth> EQ has very limited positionally aware hooks at all
[11:09:46] <Warbane> Yup, just trying to think outside the box.
[11:10:24] <@Elidroth> oh to have unlimited resources and time
[11:10:43] <illa> EQ needs havok physics
[11:10:59] <Warbane> Is there any way (with dual) to give a co-efficient like for every AC the warrior has you get .50 ATK or something, gaining 2500- or so atk based AC could be the boost they are looking for and seems manageable if it's and IF statement, grant .5ATK if AC=1 or whatever.
[11:11:03] <Koryu> Of any resists, I'd like to see resist vs forced movement effects like knock back, gravity flux, or fling. Limited range on Warrior abilities + getting tossed around = no ability to grab aggro.
[11:11:48] <@Elidroth> Yeah that's one of the things in my notes.. only problem is I'm not sure a resistance to that sort of thing will even work
[11:11:56] <@Elidroth> which is why I need to create some test abilities and see
[11:12:34] <Fllint> Could we get a decrease in the cast time of our fade if the code for channeling AA casts doesn't work?
[11:12:36] <@Elidroth> I like the idea for sure
[11:12:45] <@Elidroth> that's for Koryu
[11:13:23] <sebshaik> @koryu - no knockback aa is on the ask list for sks. we definitely want that too!
[11:13:41] <Jaerlyn> i think -everyone- wants that, but yeah, the tanks need it most
[11:14:03] <sebshaik> the way we framed it was an invisible mount, could be used indoors... not sure if code can support it
[11:14:06] <@Elidroth> What's the fade ability called again? can't remember
[11:14:17] <Finalstand> howl of the warlord
[11:14:33] <Fllint> ^
[11:14:44] <sebshaik> would work with all illusions and models. trick the game to think you're mounted, but won't conflict with graphics issues
[11:14:45] <@Elidroth> I can drop it by 1/2 at least with some Quickened
[11:15:23] <@Elidroth> invisible mount won't change whether mounts can be used indoors or not
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:40:14 PM by Riou »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Warrior AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:14:28 AM »
[11:15:37] <Fllint> That would definitely help, might be able to sneak it in between rounds then if its just 1 mob heh, i mean i would rather have instant, but half cast time is for sure better
[11:15:56] <illa> you could give it a second rank that doesn't have a cast time
[11:15:59] <KyleReese> will you give us an indoor mount
[11:16:06] <@Elidroth> I can shorten the base spell too
[11:16:27] <@Elidroth> the zones determine whether a mount can be used indoors or not. Can't suppress that with AA
[11:17:19] <Koryu> Any chance for an AA that improves the amount of healing Warriors receive from Divine Intervention spells? Sometimes the same melee round that triggers DI also kills you because the heal was only 8K.
[11:18:58] <@Elidroth> I'll talk to Aristo about that.. those are his
[11:19:02] <Repthor> Elidroth- thru years of military traiining warriors can force anymys to go offbalance and have a more difculty to to strike us- AKA we cast an ac debuff on the mob(dosent stack with druid ac debuff. just adds some versatility) iss succh a thing possible?
[11:19:49] <@Elidroth> I should be able to increase healing for DI triggers though.. I say "should" because with EQ code.. sometimes things work like they should, and sometimes they don't.. lol
[11:20:33] <@Elidroth> I'm not sure I follow
[11:20:43] <@Elidroth> you want an AC debuff on the enemy that also reduces their accuracy?
[11:20:48] <@Elidroth> that seems like a double effect
[11:20:56] <illa> he wants an atk debuff
[11:21:15] <illa> i think?
[11:21:19] <Roth_Trailfinder> well, knockingan opponent off balance WOULD impair both his ability to defend and attack, at leas until he recovers, would it not?
[11:21:19] <Repthor> ty ear
[11:22:29] <@Elidroth> I'll look into it.. It's not a bad idea.. I'll just need to figure out what kind of effectiveness it should have
[11:22:59] <sebshaik> Elidroth you recently gave monks an eye gouge proc (Which is getting upgraded with TDS)... maybe something along those lines?
[11:23:24] <KyleReese> yea monks have it
[11:23:36] <@Elidroth> again.. I'll look into it
[11:23:43] <sebshaik> I think that's kind of what Repthor is getting at. these little mini debuffs have been farmed out to melee lately, if warriors want in on that action
[11:24:30] <Repthor> its fits out class alot too have them kins of abilitys to defend ourselfs better
[11:24:37] <Repthor> we are the master of defensive tactics
[11:25:13] <Repthor> it also includes makeing mobs hit us for less
[11:25:32] <Fllint> Could we get a hastened to Ageless Enmity (I forgot to ask about that one earlier with the hastened)
[11:25:43] <meethos> ^
[11:26:50] * Warbane slaps illa around a bit with a large trout
[11:28:03] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. I can do that
[11:28:22] <Fllint> <3
[11:29:18] <Koryu> Any possibility for Duration Extensions to Warrior activated heal boosting AAs, Hold the Line and Resplendent Glory?
[11:30:43] <Finalstand> Extended Lines
[11:30:43] <Finalstand> Mark of the Mage Hunter
[11:30:43] <Finalstand> Field Outfitter
[11:30:43] <Finalstand> Imperator's Charge
[11:30:43] <Finalstand> Imperator's Command
[11:30:44] <Finalstand> Warlord's Tenacity
[11:30:45] <Finalstand> Last Stand Discipline
[11:30:47] <Finalstand> Rage of Rallos
[11:30:50] <Finalstand> Warrior's Auspice
[11:30:52] <Finalstand> opps
[11:31:25] <@Elidroth> I wouldn't expect Last Stand to get any better
[11:31:31] <@Elidroth> the others I'll look at individually
[11:32:12] <Airesh> What would you say about an ability like the Berserkers Battle stomp? So we don't have to jump through the air?
[11:32:25] <Koryu> We have one.
[11:32:31] <Fllint> Warrior's Auspice needs HUGE increase in its damage cap before it can ever hope to last more than a few seconds :P
[11:32:36] <Repthor> we ahve that in battle stomp
[11:32:37] <Koryu> It's just on a longer cool down.
[11:33:00] <Finalstand> yeah i listed the higher absorbtion rates as power increases
[11:33:27] <Airesh> In that case, can you put them on the same timer? The shorter one? : )
[11:33:27] <Repthor> as Fllint says Warrior's Auspice needs a massive boost it ddosent last but oone combat round of hits its massivly underpowered
[11:33:29] <@Elidroth> I'll look at Auspice for upgrades
[11:35:06] <Finalstand> aa version of armor of runes was a biggy from quite a few people
[11:35:39] <Finalstand> that gives us a short duration buff and absorbs 2 k damage or so
[11:36:16] <Fllint> or they could just make armor of runes go into the short buff window instead of disc window, b/c right now its worthless (but that is all aristo)
[11:36:54] <@Elidroth> Warrior's Auspice isn't an AA BTW.. so I'll have to talk to Aristo about improving it.
[11:37:41] <Finalstand> this one could be cool
[11:37:46] <Finalstand> Master Provocateur (Passive): Decreases the resist chance of hate-based abilities, such as Harrassing Shout, Roar of Challenge, and Call of Challenge. (could extend to Force of Anger procs?)
[11:38:49] <@Elidroth> Keep in mind.. anything that affects a disc is something I can't answer yes/no right away
[11:39:08] <Finalstand> yeap
[11:39:09] <@Elidroth> I'll add to the list of things to talk with Aristo about
[11:39:14] <Repthor> Elidroth could to tack on a small snare to Knee Strike? strikeing someones knees should make them unable to move as fast as b4 even if the snare is lesser then the primairy snareing classes.
[11:40:20] <@Elidroth> I'll consider that
[11:41:44] <@Elidroth> I need a short bio break. Warriors have 20 minutes left.. you won't lose that time
[11:41:46] <@Elidroth> BRB
[11:42:44] <Toxn-Xeg> party in roi vent final!
[11:44:00] <Shang> raar
[11:44:08] <Finalstand> lol
[11:48:18] <meethos> Elidroth, i have to go. thanks for this and thanks for considering the changes to gut punch dmg. have a good one all.
[11:48:29] <@Elidroth> ok.. back
[11:48:36] <Finalstand> wb
[11:48:54] <@Elidroth> minor update..
[11:49:00] <Mykaylla> Welcome back
[11:49:02] <@Elidroth> I'll be grabbing food between Warrior and Paladin
[11:49:08] <@Elidroth> because the truck is here already
[11:49:08] <@Elidroth> lolk
[11:49:15] <Mykaylla> Nice!
[11:49:40] <sobmre> what time is pally
[11:49:42] <Kollin> Get a carne asida burrito they use to be good from the lunch truck there!
[11:49:58] <Fllint> Could we get a hastened for our DPS discs fellstrike/mighty strike/ and/or brutal onslaught
[11:50:04] <sebshaik> wait i thought SK was next?
[11:50:06] <@Elidroth> Paladin is in 20 minutes
[11:50:12] <Starlight> I thought SK was next also?
[11:50:17] <Starlight> that was the order given
[11:50:18] <sobmre> ok 310
[11:50:28] <sobmre> 310est
[11:50:32] <@Elidroth> LOL.. one sec.. let me check the schedule
[11:50:44] <Riou> yea you had SK -> paladin -> ranger :P
[11:50:51] <@Elidroth> GAH.. I did
[11:50:53] <@Elidroth> lol.. ok
[11:51:03] <@Elidroth> well.. I'm grabbing lunch after warrior
[11:51:17] <@Elidroth> but it'll only take 10 min
[11:51:32] <sebshaik> huzzah thanks for the correction! praise foot
[11:51:45] <@Elidroth> I can talk with Aristo about it Fllint, but I wouldn't expect much change there
[11:51:46] <sobmre> sonpally in like 1hour 10mon
[11:51:58] <Starlight> sobmre: 2h10m
[11:52:04] <Starlight> (ish)
[11:52:10] <sobmre> ok thanx
[11:52:20] <Starlight> each class is 2 hours
[11:52:21] <Koryu> Suggestion for a new AA: if the Warrior dies, it triggers an AE stun. Gives the group an extra second or two to react. Wouldn't work on mobs with the raid flag, and you'd have to make sure Divine Intervention didn't also trigger it. It's intended for a grouping Warrior, as a last resort at protecting his group.
[11:52:31] <sobmre> 5est
[11:52:54] <@Elidroth> Death procs don't work very reliably
[11:53:25] <Koryu> Okay.
[11:53:37] <Fllint> Could we get a hundred hands effect added to either Wars Sheol's recourse (Heroic Rage) or Vehement Rage, or on its own new line? Warlords Punch!
[11:53:52] <sobmre> maybe if a warr dies a clr can use /meatshield and use his dead body as a shield
[11:54:12] <@Elidroth> Not likely Fllint
[11:54:28] <sobmre> joke btw
[11:54:55] <Finalstand> a hold your ground type thing still not possible due to code ?
[11:55:09] <Finalstand> like the self roots we talked about ?
[11:55:30] <@Elidroth> not possible
[11:55:57] <Finalstand> An AA that temporarily allows overheals to form a rune on us for the amount overhealed.
[11:56:16] <@Elidroth> not possible
[11:56:32] <Fllint> Could warrior's get a few ranks of Tactical Mastery added? Since we are usually in front of the mob it would be nice, and its been a while since we got any ranks of it (TSS)
[11:57:12] <Frelance> Isn't warrior Strikethrough 100% already?
[11:57:26] <Fllint> no
[11:58:39] <Roth_Trailfinder> I thought all melee classes with strikethrough AA's had more than reached the point of 100% effective strikethrough (exception : discs) between the AA and the 35% on gear?
[11:58:52] <@Elidroth> There's no point in adding Tactical Mastery
[11:59:20] <Finalstand> dual wield and 2 hander special attacks while in the appropriate stance 60 second or shorter refresh ?
[11:59:54] <Koryu> Only other thing I can think of would be extensions to Offensive and Brutal Onslaught line of combat abilities to assist us in our secondary DPS role, now that we're using 2H Stance.
[12:01:13] <@Elidroth> already have those on my list to discuss with Aristo, but again.. I wouldn't expect big DPS increases for tanks
[12:01:55] <Finalstand> ok thanks Elidroth thats all I have .
[12:02:32] <Koryu> I'd rather tank better than DPS, just like being able to fill the secondary role in an imperfect group setup.
[12:02:39] <Repthor> Elidroth- is there aything we can do with bandageing to make it usefull again. as it stands we are the masters of it but it heals for 300 hps. it way behind time . can we get an aa that make it heal u for %age base rather then flate rate over 6 secoond sor even in instant heal that leaves a debuff on us so we can doo it again for 15 seconds
[12:02:49] <Koryu> Thanks for listening, Elidroth.
[12:03:19] <@Elidroth> Heh.. I never thought someone would ask for better bandaging.. but I'm not against the idea
[12:03:34] <@Elidroth> I'll talk with Chandrok too. maybe we can get some better bandages
[12:04:38] <Fllint> Speaking of worthless skills, some people mentioned wanting increased archery damage on the forums :P
[12:04:39] <Repthor> doont have to make new bandages
[12:05:02] <Repthor> just add a tacked on 5age heal when bandages are appplyed by warrior
[12:05:42] <Koryu> I don't think he likes % based stuff, that's why we never see changes to Spires.
[12:06:11] <Repthor> maybe not but when it comes with a debuf attached s u cant chain it maybe he will bbudge
[12:07:30] <Shang> I don't think Bind-Wound considers anything from the bandage currently, just a skill check.. but, could be wrong.
[12:07:42] * Tharkis envisions warrior bandage rotation hotkeys like the old cleric CH chain buttons, warrior1 go now!, warrior2 on deck in 3 seconds, warrior4 in the hole
[12:08:07] <Repthor> be nice princess
[12:08:43] <Fllint> How about a short duration buff ( a few ticks) with maybe a 10-20 min reuse that uses the 1: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 10000%
[12:09:08] <Fllint> we have a reflect ability, but its linked to bazu and gives it a huuuge reuse time so its not really usable
[12:10:19] <Repthor> most ablitys today are unresistable tho. so whoulddent do much good =(. i love the idea but unless they change spells and abilitys too be resistble agin it dosent do much =(
[12:10:29] <@Elidroth> Not likely to happen anyway
[12:10:30] <Fllint> would go along with warriors having a higher resistance to magic
[12:11:17] * Tadenea sends Eli to lunch
[12:12:50] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. I'm going to grab food now
[12:13:03] <@Elidroth> Thanks to the warriors who've contributed here and on the forums.
[12:13:03] <Zarzac> so sk or pally next?
[12:13:08] <@Elidroth> Keep the feedback coming
[12:13:10] <@Elidroth> SK is next
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:40:18 PM by Riou »