Author Topic: August 14, 2015 - Necro/SK Harmshield Hammer  (Read 23669 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
August 14, 2015 - Necro/SK Harmshield Hammer
« on: August 14, 2015, 07:31:30 PM »
In the upcoming patch there is a new quest for Necromancers and Shadow Knights, the reward is Corrupted Hammer of Consternation, a Harmshield Procing 1hb weapon. There is a side benefit with this quest addition for Paladins and Clerics wanting their DA Hammer, Divine Hammer of Consternation. Praetorian Myral who drops it will be reduced to a random 40m-8h? re-spawn instead of his normal approximately 2 day re-spawn.

Not sure if there is a level requirement, but I think anyone like level 65+ can to do this without trouble.

Head over to Grieg's End and you will need to kill Praetorian Myral (as indicated by on the map), you will need the Scythe of Sundering (Optional- you only need it if you know no one with it that can proc it and turn in the Flesh to spawn the shade for you) and Divine Hammer of Consternation from him. You can tell what he will drop as he will equip and display both of these weapons.

Click Image for Full Size

With the Scythe of Sundering you will need to melee proc it on mobs until you have up to 4x Chunk of Flesh, gotten from procing the scythe. (Optional- you only need it if you know no one with it that can proc it and turn in the Flesh to spawn the shade for you)

After this head to the fleshless bones in Mons Letalis (as indicated by on the map). This is inside the underground cave part.

Click Image for Full Size

Turn in the 4x Chunk of Flesh to the fleshless bones. This will spawn a shade npc, turn in the Divine Hammer of Consternation to it and you will be given the Corrupted Hammer of Consternation.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:55:33 AM by Riou »

Offline zim

• Premium Member
Re: August 14, 2015 - Necro/SK Harmshield Hammer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:30:52 AM »
So how can an Ogre SK get this if the Scythe is not Ogre usable ?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »
So how can an Ogre SK get this if the Scythe is not Ogre usable ?

It might be possible for someone else to turn in the Flesh to spawn the shade, if not then Ogres and Trolls wont be able to complete it until the Scythe is fixed :(

Offline Zarzac

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:12:44 PM »
Is the 1.5 hour timer active?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 05:16:21 PM »
Is the 1.5 hour timer active?

So far people have been reporting anywhere from 40 minutes to 4 hours, this seems to mean it's some kind of random re-pop, wonder what the max time it can be is.

Offline Zarzac

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 06:43:04 PM »
Thanks Riou

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »
So it looks like the Scythe of Sundering is optional - unless you know no one who owns it. If you are a Troll or Ogre or know someone with the Scythe of Sundering, they can proc the Flesh and turn it in for you :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:19:28 PM by Riou »

Offline nekkrad

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
DA hammer mob 4 hours and counting sad lol

Offline Zimmzimbob

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 04:51:39 AM »
Going on almost 8 hours with no spawn of him so far...

Edit: Got him at hour 8 on the dot and another one spawned exactly 5 hours after that one.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:13:07 PM by Zimmzimbob »

Offline zim

• Premium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
Ogre SK got this by multiquesting: I got the Divine Hammer of Consternation (on my Ogre SK) and the Scythe of Sundering (on my DE Necro) - after about 12 hours of camping. There was one person ahead of me. Spawn time were either 3 hours, 4 hours and 2 hours. The 2 hour spawn was afer the 4 hour spawn. One good thing about it is once you know it spawn, it will spawn at the exact minute on the hour next time.

Necro use the Scythie on mobs and got the 4 pieces of meat. Turn in the meat with the Necro to the a pile of fleshless bones(have to try a few times before can open up the trade window).... spawn the shade.. Ogre SK hand in the hammer and received Corrupted Hammer of Constemation (SHD NEC, All race useable).

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 11:53:43 AM »
It seems that multiple Myrals can pop at once as well. Also looks like you do not have to do the ground spawn or page looting part, you can skip straight to getting 4 flesh, turning them in, then turning in the DA Hammer.

I've edited the original post a bit to update all this info :)

I'm still wondering what the longest time between Myral spawns is, it seems to be 8 hours so far?

Offline khalimari

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 05:56:05 PM »
Tried to do this quest for my gnome sk, finally got the hammer after a long wait, and the pile of bones won't open a window to accept the chunks of flesh. Is there a faction issue? Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 06:09:56 PM »
Tried to do this quest for my gnome sk, finally got the hammer after a long wait, and the pile of bones won't open a window to accept the chunks of flesh. Is there a faction issue? Any ideas? Thanks.

The turn in box on the bones is pretty bad, I think it's actually in the air, you can spam U button until open trade window with it

Offline khalimari

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
That did it! Thank you!

Offline beryon

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »
It seems that multiple Myrals can pop at once as well. Also looks like you do not have to do the ground spawn or page looting part, you can skip straight to getting 4 flesh, turning them in, then turning in the DA Hammer.

What were the ground spawn & page looting parts? I followed the guide up top but it did feel like there was something missing.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 06:09:38 PM »
What were the ground spawn & page looting parts? I followed the guide up top but it did feel like there was something missing.

Just lore, the ground spawn book and pages to combine it tell a backstory of the skeleton and why he is there. He talks about a geomancer and his praetor squire guy going insane and turning against him. Then the praetor squire guy smashes his skull in with a hammer when you inspect the skeleton at start. It also mentions Myral after you do the combine and possibly read book.

So it seems to just be backstory/lore to point you in the right direction for what to do. And to help the Skeleton get revenge since you are evil :P.

Offline beryon

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
Just lore, the ground spawn book and pages to combine it tell a backstory of the skeleton and why he is there. He talks about a geomancer and his praetor squire guy going insane and turning against him. Then the praetor squire guy smashes his skull in with a hammer when you inspect the skeleton at start. It also mentions Myral after you do the combine and possibly read book.

So it seems to just be backstory/lore to point you in the right direction for what to do. And to help the Skeleton get revenge since you are evil :P.
So you're supposed to inspect the bones first? I saw the book sitting there; are the pages nearby or what? I'm one of those weird people who likes reading quest dialogues & stuff.

Thanks for all the info btw; I would've been totally lost without it.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 12:39:18 AM »
So you're supposed to inspect the bones first? I saw the book sitting there; are the pages nearby or what? I'm one of those weird people who likes reading quest dialogues & stuff.

Thanks for all the info btw; I would've been totally lost without it.

Pages are zone wide drops. You can inspect the bones first yea. You need Combine language to read the combined book too.