Author Topic: July 14, 2016 - Quarm server FAQ  (Read 7280 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
July 14, 2016 - Quarm server FAQ
« on: July 14, 2016, 12:44:46 AM »
The Quarm server launched today (in case you live under a rock and hadn't heard yet)! We spent some time playing on the newest EverQuest server today, and saw that many people were confused with just what exactly is going on! So we decided to put together a small Frequently Asked Questions guide. These questions are real questions that players were asking in General channel. We picked the most common ones, and are answering them to the best of our knowledge! We hope this helps some players!

What is the Quarm server?
The Quarm server is EverQuests newest server. It's called the "Event" ruleset server. Unlike other servers, the Quarm server will host limited time goals, called "events". The current event goal is to beat the 6 MPG trials, and clear the Anguish raid zone.

Players who complete these goals in the provided event time will get special prizes. The prize list can be found by Clicking Here!

Is there any special requirements to play on Quarm?
The only requirement is that you have an All Access membership.

Do we need to own any expansions?
Nope! Since all accounts are automatically granted all expansions up to and including Call of the Forsaken, your account does not need to purchase any additional expansions to play event 1 on Quarm.

How long does the first event last?
The first event looks to be scheduled for a minimum of 3 months.

What happens to my character after the event is over?
DayBreak has said the characters will be "moved to another server". We don't know if this means a brand new server, a specific server, or a server of your choice. Update: It looks like Daybreak has said the characters will be moved to a brand new server!

Why is my character already level 51?
All characters created for the current event on the Quarm server start at level 51 with 50 AA points to spend.

Will we get More aa at 52? Or should i save my aa points?
You are only provided with the initial 50 AA points. If you wish to have more as you level, you will have to grind them.

What is max Level right now?
The level cap on Quarm at the moment is level 70. This was the level cap during the Omens of War expansion, which is the highest expansion unlocked on Quarm for event 1.

How many AA can you bank?
It's based on your level. The cap appears to be 50 at Levels 51-55, 55 and Levels 56-60, etc.

Do you get spells for free?
You are given all of your classes spells up to level 51. Beyond that, you will have to purchase them.

Can I box on the same PC here?
No, the Quarm server uses the "True Box" rules. You can box, but you must use multiple computers. You can only have 1 character logged into the Quarm server per computer.

What are the current hot zones?
Hot Zones were not introduced into a couple years after the Omens of War expansion, so they do not exist during event 1 on the Quarm server.

How do I get a mercenary?
Mercenaries were not introduced until the Seeds of Destruction expansion, so are not available during event 1 on the Quarm server.

Are augments in the game?
Yes, in fact Omens of War was a great expansion for augs!

I read in the patch notes there are exp pots we get for free or something, anyone have info?
If you log into the Quarm server during the first couple weeks, you will get two Bottle of Shared Adventure III. These will appear in your /claim window. You can claim one on the Quarm server, and one on your Live server of choice.

I logged in, but don't see my free exp potions in /claim?
Hit the "refresh" button in the claim window.

Are PoP zones locked and need to do normal progression?
Yes.

How do I enable Extended Target Window?
The Extended Target Window was not introduced until several years after Omens of War, so it is not available during event 1 on Quarm.

Why isn't fast regen enabled?
Out of Combat (ooc) regen was not introduced until a short time after Omens of War, so this feature is not available during event 1 on Quarm.

Once Omens of War is beat will it stay oow, or does it unock DoN etc?
Omens of War will remain the highest unlocked expansion during event 1 on Quarm.

We able to do epics?
If you can gather enough friends to help, I don't see why not!

Does the recruit-a-friend EXP bonus work on this server?
No, the bonus experience from the recruit-a-friend program is disabled on Quarm.

Why is all the armor tradeable? I remember this stuff being No Trade!
The Quarm server is using the Firiona Vie server ruleset, making almost all items tradeable. This may just be for event 1, we aren't sure.

If you have any more questions, post them here! We will do our best to answer them, assuming we actually know the answer!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:45:01 AM by Rorce »

Offline startrek41

• Premium Member
Re: July 14, 2016 - Quarm server FAQ
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 09:31:15 AM »
Campfires?
No Campfires.

Bazaar?
Bazaar - semi - yes
the Bazaar search does work - you can pick each trader and see what they have to sell .
its the best method for the less then 10 peeps selling stuff.

but found a some on put up a trader mag selling temp mod rods for 10PP 250HP to 150 mana

http://eqaasearch.org/
Basic AA i recomend at 51 are for all char

Innate Run Speed 3
Innate Metabolism 3
Innate Regeneration 3
Innate Lung Capacity 3
Foraging 1

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:19:30 AM by startrek41 »

Offline kontiki

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:09:38 PM »
Not sure why but when I load in, I get booted within 5 mins max....even though I am only loading 1 toon into Quarm server.

Offline startrek41

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 10:32:34 PM »
what is the info to claim

The third reward option is raid currency. Have you been window shopping at Researcher Orbiana's in Katta Castrum, but find that you're short on Arx Energy Crystals? Does Nelirid Wittma have a thing you need, but you're all out of Bifurcated Coins? Choose from a variety of currency options from a variety of expansions.