Author Topic: Can you add an ability to edit the date to the automatic update  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Meethos

Can you add an ability to edit the date to the automatic update
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »
When we get done raiding its late sometimes and if we do an update, the date ends up showing up on the following day. Or we may not have time to do the update til the following day. any way to allow us to correct or input the date we beat the event?

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Can you add an ability to edit the date to the automatic update
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:23:50 PM »
I'll consider adding the ability for a 1 time edit. I intentionally made it so the date can't be edited - I don't want guilds changing around the dates on their kills.

The idea behind the current setup is to be an easier way to tell who got the first kill if 2 guilds beat the event on the same day, it only takes a few seconds to tab out and hit the killed button. I also added the ability for guild leaders to authorize other people to submit the kills, so that the guild leader can pass off this responsibility to others, and allow others to submit kills if the guild leader is MIA.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Can you add an ability to edit the date to the automatic update
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:48 PM »
After thinking this over some, I'm gonna add in the ability to select a date and a time for the kill. If the submitted date/time would occur before another guild claimed it, the new claim will require a screen shot of the achievement as proof. I'd really like for kills to be updated immediately. If this is a problem for the guild leader, they should authorize others to be able to submit the kills.

I don't have time to develop this new feature at the moment, but I'll add it on my list to get done before the next EQ content release.