Author Topic: Rogue AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Rogue AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 27, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »
[14:29] <@Elidroth> And with that.. We'll get started on Rogue
[14:29] <Winnowyl> Ok, no one is volunteering to talk to you, so I guess yer stuck with me.
[14:30] <@Elidroth> LOL
[14:30] <Winnowyl> I've got a list here. some of it is copy and paste from suggestions, so that no one can say I didn't ask their questions
[14:30] <Soddan-Luclin> More ranks of Burst of power i think were 2 behind everyone else
[14:31] <Winnowyl> Enduring Vision and Enhanced Thief's Eyes: can you make these work with Thief's Vision, or give us new lines that do the same thing and work with it?
[14:34] <@Elidroth> I'll have to run some tests, but that should be OK Winnowyl
[14:34] <Winnowyl> Massive Strike: this is not listed on your AA list, can we get more ranks of this?
[14:34] <@Elidroth> No
[14:35] <@Elidroth> Much like monks, your DPS is not in need of improvement.. We can look at that perhaps in the future
[14:35] <Winnowyl> Rogue's have no block skill. Can we get confirmation that Shield Block does something for us besides give the shield AC cap boost?
[14:35] <@Elidroth> I'll verify
[14:36] <Winnowyl> Same thing with the new Blade Shield line, in fact
[14:36] <Winnowyl> on parses, it still shows at 0% blocked - so either it's not working, or it's using parry, and the description is wrong.
[14:36] <HSishi> I saw three new ranks for Assassination. How will they affect assassination with the new levels?
[14:36] <@Elidroth> It's supposed to be working, but may be falling under the same problem as other classes with npcs having 100% strikethrough
[14:36] <Soddan-Luclin> what about the Burst of Power comment i mentioned
[14:36] <@Elidroth> I'll look at it
[14:37] <Winnowyl> Can you either change the wording on the description to reflect which skill it's actually using, if it's indeed working? Or figure out why it's not, if it isn't?
[14:37] <Winnowyl> Also, more ranks of Blade Shield, please. Assuming it's working/will be working.
[14:38] <@Elidroth> Let me verify before we add more
[14:38] <Soddan-Luclin> Physical Enhancedment i know the monks asked also
[14:39] <@Elidroth> it's possible
[14:39] <Winnowyl> Hastened Getaway: more ranks to reduce the reuse of our Stealthy Getaway AA. It's currently sitting at about 30 mins, I believe.
[14:39] <Soddan-Luclin> Rain of fear weapon is upgraded what about an overhaste AA same as the class wep
[14:40] <Soddan-Luclin> could be given to monks also and whoever had that on there class weapon
[14:41] <Soddan-Luclin> I liked the proc effect on it but its damage is to low now
[14:41] <@Elidroth> I can give another couple ranks of Stealthy Getaway
[14:41] <Brogett> Thanks:)
[14:42] <Soddan-Luclin> that was on my list as well
[14:42] <Winnowyl> Hasty Exit: I realize that there can't be another upgrade to this particular line. But perhaps a separate line, with much lower reduction? Just to squeeze Escape down a bit more?
[14:44] <@Elidroth> Soddan - not going to add an AA effect for the class weapon effect
[14:44] <@Elidroth> Hasty Exit isn't changing
[14:44] <Soddan-Luclin> ok
[14:45] <Winnowyl> Triple Backstab: more ranks? Yes, it's dps. Yes, you said we were fine. But I'm a rogue. I HAVE to ask some of these.
[14:46] <Soddan-Luclin> Virulent Venom ranks i know we just got these
[14:46] <Zerker> is there a berserker chat setup yet to inclass discuss things?
[14:46] <Soddan-Luclin> but it was ignored for many years
[14:46] <@Elidroth> Triple backstab is OK where it is right now
[14:46] <@Elidroth> You're getting Virulent Venom already
[14:46] <Soddan-Luclin> ok
[14:47] <Winnowyl> Reread my previous sentence, but replace Triple Backstab with Twinproc and Hastened Onslaught.
[14:47] <@Elidroth> Twinproc is dine
[14:47] <@Elidroth> fine
[14:48] <Soddan-Luclin> Sinister strikes
[14:48] <bahdah> home !
[14:48] <bahdah> where we at ?
[14:48] <Soddan-Luclin> hey bah
[14:48] <Soddan-Luclin> were on rogues bud
[14:48] <Winnowyl> in #rogueAA
[14:49] <@Elidroth> I'll talk to Aristo about more improvements to the Onslaught lines
[14:49] <Winnowyl> Sinister Strikes and Ambidexterity. Would another rank or two of these be possible?
[14:49] <Hakmer> #eqzerker
[14:49] <Soddan-Luclin> I know the monks asked about a kick with a leap in it any chance for rogues to jump backstab on there back ?
[14:50] <@Elidroth> Ambidexterity can never be improved. It's an on/off switch only
[14:50] <@Elidroth> No Soddan.. that doesn't even make any sense
[14:50] <Soddan-Luclin> same as battleleap
[14:50] <Soddan-Luclin> just no there backside
[14:50] <@Elidroth> Seriously.. you guys need to stop with the "give me a copy of that guy's ability"
[14:50] <Soddan-Luclin> haha ok
[14:50] <HSishi> Ah ... imagine a giant ... how do we stab him in a back w/o a jump?
[14:51] <bahdah> Elidroth
[14:51] <bahdah> frenzied stabbing
[14:51] <bahdah> 1 more rank?
[14:52] <@Elidroth> Sinister Strikes can get some attention probably
[14:52] <Soddan-Luclin> thanks
[14:53] <Brogett> I assume you mean extended frenzied stabbing, since frenzied stabbing itself isd a spell
[14:53] <bahdah> sure
[14:53] <bahdah> see
[14:53] <bahdah> you knew
[14:54] <@Elidroth> I'd rather not..
[14:54] <Winnowyl> One more "can we have" that's an ability someone else has: could rogues get a version of the Monk Purify Body and timer reduction AA's for it? We have Purge Poison, which does a champ job with poisons, but we can't remove anything else from ourselves.
[14:55] <Winnowyl> Alternately, AA's like purge poison but for the other types would work, if we can't have an all-in-one.
[14:55] <bahdah> Thief's vision as an Aura......
[14:55] <Soddan-Luclin> that was asked already bahd
[14:55] <Spedocd> (can we please stop stepping over each other and give him a chance to respond....thank you)
[14:55] <@Elidroth> First.. one at a time
[14:55] <Brogett> How about more Subtle Blows? The deagro change of Deceit line has hurt rogue agro a little bit, so it would be welcomed (and it's not dps!)
[14:56] <@Elidroth> Winnowyl - No. Curing should remain with specific classes for the most part
[14:57] <Winnowyl> sadpanda. i'll let you get caught up on the other questions, while i type out my next one!
[14:57] <bahdah> yea let me know when to speak
[14:57] <bahdah> please
[14:57] <@Elidroth> I can do another rank or two of Subtle Blows, but I don't want to do too much
[14:58] <Winnowyl> Counterattack: yes, it's a disc. We currently have a few ranks of Hastened Counterattack. Would it be possible to get more, as well as an Extended Counterattack, to increase the duration from the 12 seconds it's at currently?
[14:59] <bahdah> i'd like tumble to be more useful...
[14:59] <bahdah> like 3 - 5 cool down maybe?
[14:59] <bahdah> longer duration
[15:00] <bahdah> you eat a sandwhich Elidroth btw?
[15:00] <@Elidroth> Hastened - possibly.. Extended - No.
[15:00] <@Elidroth> I had a burger.. lol
[15:01] <Winnowyl> Tumble: the changes Bahdah mentioned, as well as a Hastened AA for it. We're frequently in trouble when it comes to defensive stuff. Having more available more often would be a help.
[15:01] <@Elidroth> Hastened Tumble can happen, but as for how much.. Not sure yet
[15:02] <@Elidroth> If you're in trouble for defensive stuff, you're generating too much hate
[15:02] <Soddan-Luclin> lol
[15:02] <bahdah> lol
[15:02] <Winnowyl> or we're within melee range.
[15:02] <Spedocd> (which you just made worse)
[15:02] <Winnowyl> cause, AE ramps is the big issue for a great many of us. I don't pull aggro, even with the change to Deceit line. I DO, however, eat wild ramps often enough that I loathe it.
[15:03] <@Elidroth> How exactly did I make that worse?
[15:03] <Soddan-Luclin> Is there more Anatomy ranks on the list its nice boost to blue cons
[15:03] <Brogett> It's not entirely hate issues. Sometimes it's just AE Ramp. IT HURTS!
[15:03] <Soddan-Luclin> AE ramp sux
[15:03] <Medail> you'll live though it, or you wont at which point its moot right? =D
[15:04] <Brogett> As do overly high damage shields. We hit so fast and so often it can make EQ a bit twitchy to react in time
[15:04] <Soddan-Luclin> Maybe an AA that last 5 mins to reduce AE rampage
[15:04] <@Elidroth> No
[15:04] <Winnowyl> well, not You as in Elidroth, that was a You as in the collective. Our deceit line was changed recently
[15:04] <Spedocd> The change to the Deceit discipline made it worse...but that is a different topic
[15:05] <bahdah> have no issue with deceit tbh
[15:05] <Brogett> Deceit did two things; lowered our hate and increased tank hate. Maybe it was overpowered in the latter, but we do almost always find when the tanks die it's rogues who are next up meaning we have generated more hate than anyone else (bar berserker sometimes)
[15:07] <Berserker01> ever consider using escape when your hate is over 90 :) 2m 30s timer use it or lose it
[15:07] <Spedocd> we do, and that is off topic...can we get back to it please
[15:08] <HSishi> Well, I rarely use our Escape because it's just down when I *really* need it ... usually I use pet
[15:09] <Spedocd> I would like to also mention....as for NEW Alternate Abilities please do not give us any Damage Over Time AA's with this expansion that disrupts Escape.
[15:09] <Winnowyl> Nerves of Steel: a rank that wipes us from the target of a casting mob, if it's already begun casting a spell on us before we escape, so that we won't be knocked out of SoS because the npc was casting?
[15:09] <@Elidroth> can't be done. once an npc starts casting, the only way you won't be the target is if you disrupt the cast
[15:10] <Winnowyl> supersadpanda
[15:10] <bahdah> that zerk just tell us how to rogue?
[15:10] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. that needs to stop. Now.
[15:10] <@Elidroth> If you're not discussing AA for Rogue, don't bring it here
[15:10] <Winnowyl> the rest of these are copy and paste from forums. like Sojuu, these are so that people can't say i didn't ask their questions. don't shoot the messenger
[15:11] <Winnowyl> Poison Proc Dump (3 ranks) - 30s AA disc that increases chance to proc by 15% (.5 or 1% each AA after initial buy so it can scale slowly with each expansion they would decide to continue the line)
[15:12] <@Elidroth> I'll see if I can make something like that work
[15:12] <@Elidroth> I doubt you'll see those kinds of numbers though
[15:13] <HSishi> The new ranks of Anatomy ... how do they add up the existing NPC levels for assassination?
[15:14] <@Elidroth> I don't follow
[15:15] <HSishi> There are three new ranks listed in your xlsx sheets. How much will each rank increase the level of mobs which we can assassinate?
[15:15] <@Elidroth> You're always 1 level below max
[15:15] <Winnowyl> Offhand BS (3 ranks) - have to add it just because we asked for it for like 7 years. Initial buy = 5% (10%?) and each point after raises it .3 or .5% and only able to trigger on main hand BS interval; does stack with Frenzied but with modifier with RF or FS to increase chance to offhand BS by 25% or 40% to aid in burst.+
[15:15] <@Elidroth> So at level 101, you can hit 100
[15:15] <Winnowyl> That way under non disc it helps in sustained as well.
[15:15] <@Elidroth> There is no functionality for that
[15:16] <Winnowyl> lifetap proc to help solo - perhaps on same timer as Envenomed Blades? lower damage, choice between pure dps, and survival type dps.
[15:16] <HSishi> so we buy the new ranks in advance (e.g. from saved AA's) and are good for 5 levels then?
[15:16] <@Elidroth> You can't buy them until you're at the level it's available
[15:17] <HSishi> Ah.
[15:17] <@Elidroth> No to the lifetap.
[15:17] <HSishi> How's the idea to squeeze the three ranks into one purchase and that's it until next esxpansion?
[15:17] <bahdah> Pinpoint and Mark... can we get them a reset timer if alrdy on mob, cant figure the right wording for that :/
[15:20] <@Elidroth> No way for me to do that
[15:20] <Winnowyl> In raid we are too dependant from others, i would love some activable AA with same effects as helpers (with a bit less efficiency but not to much for it to still be a viable way of being competitive without helpers) but on same slot for them not to stack with helpers effects +
[15:20] <Winnowyl> (critical dmg mod, +flurry chance, + triple atk chance, +critical chance etc...)
[15:21] <@Elidroth> You do realize that's the point of a raid right? To work together with others towards a common goal?
[15:21] <Winnowyl> hey, don't shoot the messenger. that's copy paste!
[15:21] <Berserker01> except that drags onto the group game also elidroth. not just raids.
[15:22] <Brogett> It's more a matter of the scale, rather than the principle I think
[15:22] <Winnowyl> Seized Opportunity: we're not slated for more ranks of this, either. Could some be added?
[15:23] <Brogett> We're a class that depends on others, given. But should the ADPS from others add 20% to us, 50%, 100%? One way of reducing that scale factor is by gifting us much weaker forms, bringing up our baseline dps but not allowing it to stack with ADPS
[15:23] <@Elidroth> Seized Opportunity is as 95%..
[15:23] <@Elidroth> at*
[15:24] <bahdah> is it?
[15:24] <Soddan-Luclin> yeah i thought it was around there wasnt sure
[15:24] <Winnowyl> Extended Ingenuity: more ranks, please?
[15:26] <@Elidroth> No.
[15:26] <@Elidroth> Those are long enough

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Rogue AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:33:57 PM »
[15:26] <Winnowyl> Would an AA that allowed us a chance at not using up a poison when we clicked it be possible? As well as one that allowed poisons to persist through death?
[15:27] <Winnowyl> Our weapons didn't die, after all, and some of those drops are stupidly hard to get to make raid poisons.
[15:27] <HSishi> Ya, "Persist through death" buffs already exist - the Experience potions from Market for example
[15:28] <@Elidroth> Those are on the spell itself.. don't have a way to set that flag via another ability
[15:28] <HSishi> modify the poisons itself then?
[15:28] <Winnowyl> Would it be possible to get an AA that would allow at least a chance for double and/or triple backstabs to fire from the front of a mob?
[15:29] <@Elidroth> No. The code specifically runs a single attack process when not behind the npc
[15:30] <Winnowyl> Can you talk to the UI people, and see if we can get an arrow or something to show where the heck the back of the mob is then? Cause it's sometimes impossible to find it among all the pets, spam pets, swarm pets, and people. =\
[15:30] <Brogett> Agreed
[15:30] <HSishi> totally
[15:30] <Soddan-Luclin> lol
[15:30] <bahdah> strikethrough ftw !
[15:30] <Brogett> I use a strikethrough audiotriger to help me! But if it's fixed that will stop working
[15:31] <HSishi> speaking of swarm pets ... wait, we had that "no copy from others" thing ylready :(
[15:31] <HSishi> already~
[15:31] <Winnowyl> yeah, i have strikethrough filtered so i can see the spam and adjust. but it's still horrible trying to figure out WHY i'm striking through
[15:32] <Winnowyl> and my final question, then I yield the floor. They'd take away my rogue card if I didn't ask. Shadowman illusion AA? <3
[15:32] <bahdah> NO
[15:32] <@Elidroth> Not a chance
[15:32] <bahdah> OMG
[15:32] <Brogett> Lol you knew it was coming ;)
[15:32] <HSishi> Seriously, why not?
[15:32] <bahdah> why?
[15:33] <HSishi> Ya, why? The weapons keep vis, our name keeps vis ...
[15:33] <Winnowyl> we could use /afk to get it on other's screens, but we still can't see it =( and we'd get hit with that annoying message
[15:33] <bahdah> i mean why do rogues want that illusion
[15:33] <Soddan-Luclin> Can anything be changed on the raid poisons with having 2 rogues not many procs and half the time the thing is full from all the necros
[15:34] <Winnowyl> I'm a bellikos. have been since it came out. I don't care if we get it or not. but seriously, i think they'd take away my rogue card if i didn't ask
[15:34] <Brogett> So I'll tackle the big question hanging over us - Rake's Rampage :-)
[15:34] <Soddan-Luclin> Cant get a debuff in
[15:34] <Brogett> First up, I accept it is bugged, and I understand why you want to fix it. It's around 30% primary dps boost (IIRC) to us and 70% or so to berserkers (1h vs 2h etc).
[15:35] <Brogett> Is there any chance that *instead* of a flat nerf across the board in damage output, that it is split up into primary dps AA vs AoE (not hitting primary target) AA?
[15:35] <bahdah> ^
[15:35] <Brogett> This will allow better control of AE vs primary dps for you, and better control for us over not waking up mezzed mobs etc. (It's a pain knowing we run that risk if we want to maximise our dps)
[15:36] <Brogett> Frankly, most rogues don't see the AoE portion as THAT big an issue. It's nice on some events, biut not useful at all on many others. Where it is potentially broken is with regards to stacking with everything else to make our short single target burns much hiugher than intended
[15:37] <bahdah> those wake up messages tho =)
[15:37] <@Elidroth> I've talked about these abilities.. when I have more info on what we're doing.. I'll bring you guys in on it
[15:37] <Brogett> Is it possible in principle though, or is it a major coding issue to NOT hit the primary target when doing an AE attack?
[15:38] <@Elidroth> I've said what I need to say on that matter
[15:38] <@Elidroth> When we're ready to talk about it more.. we will
[15:38] <Brogett> Ok
[15:38] <HSishi> I have a different question, not AA related ... who is in charge for tradeskill stuff, especially poisons, now?
[15:39] <@Elidroth> Jansan
[15:39] <Spedocd> Although you said "I'm really not making any improvements to positioning abilities right now", does that also mean you are not granting them, as a little positioning help for a rogue would go a long way (a nerve twitch type ability to jerk them forward a step).
[15:39] <bahdah> i'd hate that
[15:40] <Winnowyl> I think our tanks would hate it more.
[15:42] <Winnowyl> is there anything you can think of, Elidroth, that would be feasable and help rogues with ramps? When we get one rounded from it, it's a problem. When we don't even have time to back out or hit escape, it's also an issue. This is predominantly a raid issue, but our crappy mitigation is also an issue in the group game.
[15:43] <@Elidroth> That's not a class problem, that's a content problem
[15:43] <Spedocd> Can we get a Potion Belt ability to unlock that consta-gray slot in the belt.
[15:44] <HSishi> You can unlock slots up to 5 available
[15:44] <Winnowyl> hmm. is that going to be addressed? I know you guys were looking into flattening out the spikes some, and I know that's not really your department. But when it's gone on this long, it's more of a "that's not a bug, it's a feature" and we have to find a way to work around the limitations
[15:44] <HSishi> Two by default, two by AA, one by belt you wear
[15:45] <bahdah> lol
[15:46] <Spedocd> yup it sure is and I am now using them all, thanks for the fast response Elidroth
[15:46] <Spedocd> insta-game fix
[15:46] <Spedocd> :P
[15:46] <bahdah> gg
[15:46] <@Elidroth> Rampage/AERamp damage is one of the things on our list to ensure isn't crushing people
[15:47] <Winnowyl> *nod* right now, it's flattening rogues. Berzerkers also. Even the casters take it better than we do. =(
[15:47] <Winnowyl> heck the RANGERS take it better than we do. That's a sad state of affairs, sir.
[15:47] <HSishi> Casters usually arent in AE ramp range
[15:48] <Brogett> A lot of thatis runes too
[15:48] <Winnowyl> they are on belly casters. but even the fact that they get to stand out of range is a boon for them.
[15:48] <Ferriciean> AA discussion?
[15:48] <Frib> AHH BACK IN TEH DAY WHEN CHin armor use to mean something )
[15:49] <Winnowyl> 12 mins left on rogues, atm, Ferriciean
[15:49] <Ferriciean> my point was
[15:49] <Ferriciean> this is AA discussion
[15:49] <bahdah> relax
[15:49] <Brogett> AAs that help mitigate ramp etc is valid question
[15:49] <Brogett> But wer got the answer anyway
[15:50] <Winnowyl> Is it possible to make AA's that would extend the number of blocked buffs we could have? 30 is not even in the ballpark of enough =\
[15:50] <@Elidroth> No
[15:51] <Winnowyl> i'm drawing a blank at this point, rogues. Anyone else have anything to throw at him, before I start groping around for fluff AA's to increase our miserable AA counts? (go go Achievements!)
[15:52] <Rhymez> more cheesements plz
[15:52] <Spedocd> Additional level of Shroud of Stealth (since more and more mobs see current Shroud)
[15:52] <HSishi> Well, my questions got answered ... not always positive
[15:53] <Spedocd> Add new abilities of Anatomy for other races, for example "Anatomy of Giants" (have to ask even for the automatic "No")
[15:53] <Brogett> For AA achievement fluffing we just need 20 ranks of hastened appraisal ;-)
[15:54] <Bloodydag> what is your thoughts on widining the Cunning Disguise lines
[15:54] <bahdah> eli, frenzied, what was response on 1 more rank to FS, extended?
[15:55] <@Elidroth> Don't really want to add more disguises right now
[15:56] <@Elidroth> Extended Frenzied Stabbing is fine
[15:56] <@Elidroth> where it is right now
[15:57] <bahdah> how bout extended twisted chance?
[15:58] <@Elidroth> I can discuss it with the rest of the team, but I doubt it
[15:58] <bahdah> im ok with that !
[15:58] <bahdah> ty
[15:59] <bahdah> dont like the doubt tho
[15:59] <bahdah> do away with that
[15:59] <bahdah> :p
[15:59] <Zilten> ok
[16:00] * Crystilla warns Bahdah that if Elidroth removes the 'doubt' the answer becomes a 'no'
[16:00] <Soddan-Luclin> lol
[16:01] <Bloodydag> speaking of nos how about that shadowman illusion aa
[16:01] <bahdah> giggle
[16:01] <Winnowyl> See? I told you they'd take away my rogue-card if I didn't ask...
[16:01] <Berserker01> ill ask for that during zerker chat bloody :)
[16:01] <HSishi> got already answered ...
[16:01] <bahdah> i heart you bloody
[16:01] <Bloodydag> i asked at fanfaire last year i got to see his face say no i qq'd inside
[16:01] <Winnowyl> and BD is totally the one I expected to show up for the card.
[16:02] <Brogett> lol
[16:02] <Brogett> TRadition has to be respected :-)
[16:03] <HSishi> Can Jansan be contacted through SOE forums?
[16:03] <Brogett> Anyway many thanks Elidroth for your time.
[16:03] <Bloodydag> ty mr.Elidroth
[16:03] <@Elidroth> Yes he can
[16:03] <Berserker01> yes
[16:03] <Berserker01> https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?members/jansan.12/
[16:03] <HSishi> Thanks alot, tried already to dig him up :)
[16:03] <HSishi> (or her?)
[16:04] <bahdah> rthank you eli
[16:04] <bahdah> whoa
[16:04] <HSishi> Thanks alot from me too, Elidroth
[16:04] <Maxxer> Toxic Blade. I never use it for the simple reason it's on the same timer as Asp Blade, Possible to move it to say... 0
[16:04] <Soddan-Luclin> Just dont nerf us to hard please )
[16:05] <Soddan-Luclin> were good right where we are
[16:05] <@Elidroth> Toxic Blade isn't an AA
[16:05] <Maxxer> right, sry, got carried away here :)
[16:06] <Winnowyl> would an extended Mark be possible? and perhaps Pins as well?
[16:06] <@Elidroth> Mark of what? Pins?
[16:06] <Winnowyl> and more Pins hastened, and some Mark hastened as well?
[16:07] <Winnowyl> Gullible Mark, and Pinpoint Weakness (those lines, I'm not even sure what the current incarnation is called)
[16:07] <Spedocd> Pinpoint Deficiencies
[16:07] <bahdah> extended mark
[16:07] <bahdah> would be good
[16:08] <bahdah> im ok with the pp duration
[16:09] <bahdah> pinpoint*
[16:10] <@Elidroth> I don't think either of those need any improvement right now

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Rogue AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »
[16:10] <bahdah> hm
[16:11] <Winnowyl> who would we need to speak with about possibly getting an aura? Aristo?
[16:12] <bahdah> feel like stabbing something right now
[16:13] <Soddan-Luclin> stab you!
[16:15] <Winnowyl> and would more ranks of Absorbing Agent be possible? perhaps an extended duration to go with it?
[16:16] <@Elidroth> Perhaps a small upgrade and extension could be done
[16:17] <Winnowyl> *nod* Thank you for your time and reponses, Elidroth. It's appreciated. I'm completely tapped out on ideas at this point. I can't even think of fluff AA's.
[16:17] <@Elidroth> I know I said no to a lot of things, but Rogues are in a good place right now..
[16:18] <bahdah> oof
[16:18] <HSishi> Mages thought that for their pets too ..
[16:18] <bahdah> that absorbing agent was the highlight?
[16:18] <bahdah> =/
[16:18] <Winnowyl> Our definitions of "good place" are wildly different. But the effort to speak with us is still appreciated. It's more than can be said for most devs in EQ.
[16:19] <Winnowyl> is there some help to be garnered in the avoidance/defensive arena? I know you're wanting to adjust the content, but we're still behind in that area, and face issues with it in raid, group, and solo/molo play. This is a very big deal to us.
[16:20] <Winnowyl> perhaps an AA increase to our parry rate, or riposte for moloing/soloing, or something to that effect?
[16:22] <bahdah> he got another burger
[16:22] <bahdah> bet
[16:23] <Brogett> :)
[16:23] <@Elidroth> I'm not a fan of making soloing better to be honest. EQ is a group-centric game. Making it more solo centric only serves to further weaken the grouping/community
[16:23] <bahdah> lose mercs /duck
[16:23] <Winnowyl> I'm not asking for us to be able to tank a raid mob, nor to be able to solo/molo like a druid or wizard or mage. Just something that will help decrease the damage that we take routinely in raids, groups, and molo.
[16:24] * Brogett troutslaps Bahdah
[16:24] <bahdah> amirite?
[16:24] <bahdah> giggle
[16:24] <Shang> Tells, bahdah.
[16:25] <Brogett> I'd be intrigued to know how much incoming dps a wiz with a staff takes vs a rogue with daggers, but that's another topic I guess
[16:25] <Shang> What class is up btw?
[16:25] <@Elidroth> Can certainly look at Rogue mitigation/evasion
[16:25] <HSishi> dpeends on the staff enchantments, Bro
[16:25] <Brogett> Thanks
[16:25] <HSishi> wait, that's another game
[16:25] <Winnowyl> if it were just soloing/moloing, Elidroth, it wouldn't affect as many rogues as it does currently. I molo fine. I just do it in lower level content. Takes longer, but that's whatever. But if I'm getting flattened in raids and such too, we need some help =\
[16:25] <Winnowyl> Thank you for looking into it, Elidroth.
[16:26] <bahdah> this chat tho..
[16:26] <Winnowyl> I think we've pretty much reached the end of our time allotment as well.
[16:27] <bahdah> why say that?
[16:27] <bahdah> lol
[16:27] <Winnowyl> and you said you'd check and verify that Blade Shield and Shield Block were actually working for rogues, since we don't have the Block skill, right?
[16:27] <@Elidroth> Yes
[16:27] <Brogett> Aye that's the first thing to check. If not working then maybe we're not bad off once fixed
[16:27] <Brogett> Tbh we could parse it right now on test
[16:28] <@Elidroth> We'll be starting on Bard in 3 minutes
[16:28] <Winnowyl> because there's two other classes to do, and many of those will be raiding soon. I don't want us to run over and cause issues with them.
[16:28] <Jyve> reminder to bards here. join #EQBards for comments to keep this area clearer. thank you
[16:28] <bahdah> your hearts to big
[16:28] <bahdah> =)
[16:28] <Winnowyl> And yeah, if those aren't working, fixing them to work might be enough to help us out with our defensives.
[16:28] <@Elidroth> Yep.. agreed
[16:28] <Winnowyl> especially if more ranks were added to Bladeshield once it was confirmed working.
[16:29] <Brogett> :)
[16:29] <Winnowyl> Thank you for your time, Elidroth. Enjoy the rest of your day.
[16:29] <@Elidroth> Thanks