Author Topic: Shadow Knight AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Shadow Knight AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:26:54 AM »
[14:30] <@Elidroth> OK.. SK's are now on the clock..
[14:30] <Shang> If not, they're all in the source code for the web page in the same spot. Just an FYI =p
[14:30] <@Elidroth> Most of you know the drill
[14:30] <@Elidroth> one question at a time.. don't use acronyms.. no inter-class nonsense
[14:31] <Tadenea> you can start one Shang when times grows closer since I wont be able to attend part of ranger chat
[14:32] * ChanServ changes topic to 'SKs are on the clock'
[14:32] <Shang> (SKs that was your cue to start FYI)
[14:33] <sebshaik> Elidroth, did you receive the PM with our master list of suggestions?
[14:33] <@Elidroth> Let me look
[14:33] <Zarzac> from me
[14:33] <@Elidroth> yes
[14:33] <sebshaik> Ok great. That was our big compilation from EGN - we can repeat them all again here but a lot of our rehearsed suggestions should be in your inbox =)
[14:34] <@Elidroth> Yes, Yes, No, No, Yes, No, Maybe, Yes..
[14:34] <@Elidroth> JK..
[14:34] <@Elidroth> lol
[14:34] <Starlight> :D
[14:34] <Koryu> Haha
[14:34] <sebshaik> While waiting for Zarzac, I'll bring up T'yvl's. I think this is a great AA and an awesome idea, but implementation was quite poor in several areas
[14:35] <Zarzac> A big picture question, do you think SK self healing is currently in line with where it should be, and if yes what can we show you to change your mind?
[14:35] <Zarzac> The consensus seems to be taps are currently getting interrupted too often and have not scaled with player hp or npc damage over the last 5 years.
[14:35] <@Elidroth> your self-healing really isn't a problem right now
[14:35] <@Elidroth> I agree your mitigation needs help though
[14:35] <Zarzac> which is way you see a ton of tap related requests
[14:35] <Zarzac> that would work as well
[14:36] <Zarzac> why
[14:36] <@Elidroth> So nobody is getting more innate run speed
[14:37] <Zarzac> was looking at that one as a buff not innate
[14:37] <Zarzac> if kiting is going to be a role it's a kiting tool
[14:37] <@Elidroth> Still not a fan.. you want run speed.. get a buff from someone else
[14:39] <sebshaik> So for T'yvyl's - 1) It looks to be getting the standard level-cap expansion bump, which is good. Higher landing percentage would be especially awesome. 2) The current stacking issue - again, I know you've received PM's about this. Could this please be addressed? (September patch, perhaps? :) ) 3) It lacks a message for when it lands and wears off - monks are able to coordinate and GINA interprets when synergy fades/wears off/etc,
[14:39] <sebshaik> so this looks to be possible in the code. Any chance this could be done? 4) Monks are getting more and more of their damage coming from Flying Kicks, could this abilitiy potentially be looked at to get an additonal +FK% mod, so monks receive a similar bonus to rogues and berserkers? 5) On the forums, some folks advocated it boosting spell damage, or alternatively getting two versions of the spell - one for melee damage (as we
[14:39] <sebshaik> currently have) and a second for spell damage. On the same timer, so we'd have to choose between them
[14:40] <sebshaik> I realize that's a really long one with several requests in there - understand we may not get a yes to every ask related to T'yvl's!
[14:43] <Warbane> no shennron
[14:43] <ToughGuy> Seems quiet in here, so I'd like to ask a general question if I may: Do you feel that there is enough differentiation between tanks (war/pal/SK) and non-tanks ability to tank for XP groups? For that matter, how you you rate class balance across the board? Do you feel classes are generally well balanced?
[14:44] <@Elidroth> No.. T'vyl's Resolve is designed to be melee only
[14:44] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get a hastened Taunt?
[14:44] <Jaerlyn> (Elidroth is looking over a list atm, is why it's quiet)
[14:45] <mib_wxhfkv> a rank of extended mindless hatred? ext by 6 seconds
[14:45] <sebshaik> Thanks Elidroth, thought that would be the answer to the spell question. I think it leaves the door open down the road, potentially for another class, to get a spell damage version
[14:45] <@Elidroth> The problem with spell version is they have to be a focus, and right now focus effects are very stacking problematic
[14:46] <Sirene> SK idea.. NPC debuff (short-ish duration, long-ish reuse) that increases poison & disease spell damage taken by #
[14:46] <@Elidroth> landing and wearing off messages are really not going to work well no matter how I construct it because of the way it works
[14:46] <sebshaik> any chance at a look at a flying kick modifier on it? i'm not sure how that might stack with synergy, would need to be careful?
[14:47] <@Elidroth> no
[14:47] <Shang> T`Vyls already affects flying kick.
[14:47] <@Elidroth> T'Vyl's affects ALL skill-based attacks
[14:47] <sebshaik> Yes but flying kick is already balanced around Synergy which is a bigger boost, so T'Vyl's ends up reducing flying kick damage
[14:48] <Riou> stacking is a big issue though, most monks probably wont ever allow t`vyls to be on a mob :p
[14:48] <sebshaik> especially since monks are getting hastened synergy AA with this coming expansion
[14:48] <Tadenea> this is not monk AA talk
[14:48] <Zarzac> making it slot 6 should solve that issue
[14:49] <Zarzac> which I think is on his list to look at
[14:49] <@Elidroth> I'm not going to further boost one skill for an ability that already gives a big enough boost across the board
[14:50] <sebshaik> ^^ fixing the stacking issue should do it. if moving it to another slot isn't an option, then I'd like for T'Vyl's to receive precedence over synergy and this seems the way to get that done
[14:50] <@Elidroth> I'm looking into it
[14:51] <sebshaik> Great, thanks for the feedback!
[14:52] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get a hastened Taunt?
[14:52] <@Elidroth> You have enough taunt/hate abilities and just got your terrors made instant..
[14:52] <@Elidroth> so no
[14:53] <Zarzac> Follow up on run Kiting aa would be for it to be a short term decently long recast self-only runspeed buff: tanking is about saving squishy people, but kiting is still a big part of the SK role on raids. Being able to put on a sudden burst to save squishy people would be really handy, is that possible? Speed of the savior type runspeed mod, since most raids are indoors where we can not get a buff from others
[14:53] <@Elidroth> I've already said no
[14:54] <illa> You said SK mitigation was lacking, how about a med duration buff with something like %15 melee mitigation, to help bridge gaps in discs?
[14:56] <Drakal> Could bite of chaos have an endurance tap as well?
[14:56] <Shang> Considering SKs should have a 10% mitigation buff on during raids, they'd see a 5% improvement. Might want to increase that request some :-)
[14:56] <@Elidroth> No Drakal
[14:56] <Pitolopo> Can you make Voice of Thule permanent/longer duration?
[14:57] <@Elidroth> Endurance is a very careful resource to manage. that's intentional
[14:57] <lukeren> why focus on kiting tools and not just remove the need for tanks to kite? i personally hate kiting and would love to leave it for the 'run fast' classes ...
[14:57] <Vaako_SK> any other thoughts on END regen, seems to drain alot these days
[14:57] <Sirene> Any chance of seeing an SK group AC buff of some sort (similar to Imperator's Command/Field Guardian/Group Armor of the Inquisitor AAs)?
[14:57] <Pitolopo> a self only version
[14:58] <@Elidroth> Zarzac, there's some doable stuff in this list, and some that's just not possible, and some that isn't going to happen
[14:58] <mib_wxhfkv> Eli can you elaborate on that copy paste here the item and - not gonna happen/not possible/ill look into it etc
[14:58] <Zarzac> was a compliation assumed as much
[14:58] <@Elidroth> Not right now Sirene.. The Warrior "Imperator's" abilities were specifically to give them a leg up in the group game
[14:59] <mib_wxhfkv> so that you dont have to say it again for anyone that doesnt know what on the list
[14:59] <sebshaik> list is at http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9150&page=3 for all who care to look
[15:00] <Vaako_SK> are there any hopes of getting some of the aas consolidated so we dont have 10 pages of buttons to click?
[15:00] <@Elidroth> One with Dead, Phantom Mount, Spiteful Will, Ration the Blood, Embodiment of Corruption, Shared Pain, Fortified Gaze
[15:01] <Toxn-Xeg> would it be possable to get the hate override on harm touched removes or readjusted?
[15:01] <@Elidroth> Will of Innoruuk, Vorpal Sword
[15:01] <Warbane> @Elidroth - only one request from my list for SK's is spell damage - it was mentioned they could possibly get a disease based debuff (the counters are disease) that's an AA and functions like malo/tash/skin to foliage and increases their magic/corruption damage on target. This is a group game request.
[15:02] <@Elidroth> I really don't want SKs to augment spell damage.. I'm trying to get Enchanter some things in that regard that I don't want farmed out elsewhere
[15:03] <Sirene> What about DoTs specifically? Or is that a no on all spell damage mods.
[15:03] <@Elidroth> Toxn - No.. you already have plenty of single-target aggro abilities
[15:04] <@Elidroth> if I could restrict DOT damage increases to you only I'd consider it
[15:04] <Sojero> What about AA corruption DD?
[15:04] <illa> You said SK mitigation was lacking, how about a med duration buff with something like %15 melee mitigation, to help bridge gaps in discs?
[15:05] <@Elidroth> I'd consider than illa, but I won't say yes/no right now
[15:05] <illa> cool
[15:05] <Issk> Hola all
[15:05] <sebshaik> Thanks Elidroth for the general comment about the direction vis-a-vis augmenting spell damage. It seemed like the door had been opened, augmenting melee damage, and so it was a natural request for similar mirrored abilities. The community appreciates it!
[15:06] <Toxn-Xeg> would it be possable to get an aa were if we can a direct dmg our next dot twincasts like necros?
[15:07] <Sirene> Not sure if this was asked already. Visage of Decay AA - any chance of reduction or removal of the hit damage reduction? Only benefit of this AA currently is range DPSing
[15:08] <@Elidroth> no
[15:08] <@Elidroth> it is intended
[15:08] <Issk> I think an AA that would allow the Sk to group up mobs together on our agro list would be helpful. When tanking large number of trash (raid or group) being able to get them in front of you with deflection running is always handy
[15:08] <Issk> alsmost lie a mass unbridled strike
[15:10] <@Elidroth> You have enough aggro tools
[15:10] <Toxn-Xeg> could we look at geting Hastened Though leech?
[15:10] <Issk> An AA to make our taps and AE agros uninterruptable or cast faster for a period of time would also be helpful
[15:12] <@Elidroth> Thought Leech is currently at what.. 24 minutes?
[15:12] <Jaden> yes
[15:12] <Toxn-Xeg> yes
[15:12] <@Elidroth> I'll look into that.. it's possible.
[15:14] <Toxn-Xeg> would it be possable to get an aa debuff that turns npc undead like our necro brothers?
[15:15] <@Elidroth> Possible
[15:15] <@Elidroth> but since when do SK's like helping other classes? LOL
[15:15] <Toxn-Xeg> we want to start cant swarm to 105!
[15:16] <Issk> When it helps us =)
[15:16] <Sojero> Hasted life taps to get lifetaps to .5 second cast times?
[15:16] <Toxn-Xeg> <3
[15:17] <Brudal> Mana version of Warrior AA "Mass, Affected"
[15:17] <@Elidroth> No.. Aristo and I are happy with where knight mana is
[15:17] <Sirene> SK "mitigation tap" AA disc that debuffs NPC mitigation % and increases personal mitigation?
[15:20] <@Elidroth> No.. that's not how we want to go about it
[15:21] <lukeren> could you elaborate what youre thinking regarding mitigation then?
[15:21] <lukeren> because, mobs hurt
[15:21] <@Elidroth> We've already stated we want tanks in general to be better, and we're also looking at changing the damage spikes from npcs
[15:22] <@Elidroth> we want the damage to be more in the middle, and less of the spikes
[15:22] <lukeren> alright, sounds good
[15:22] <lukeren> thanks'
[15:22] <sebshaik> Speaking of helping other classes - on the list there should be a "Gather Health" AA listed. It's basically a Divine Arbitration, that allows us to steal/balace HP from the group and give it to us. It fits in with the lore of the class and gives us an ability to account for big spikes while tanking, but not without risk. Any chance of getting a version of Divine Arbitration?
[15:22] <Jaerlyn> are you planning on trying to fix that more on the NPC side, or through tanking abilites, or both?
[15:22] <ToughGuy> Might that mean more spikes for non-tanks, or just less for us?
[15:23] <Issk> Wipe your raid group with that and sit the pine!
[15:23] <@Elidroth> less spikes.. more median but consistent damage
[15:24] <sebshaik> @Issk - yeah with all the AE heavy encounters I imagine it'd be pretty situational and could be lethal on raids
[15:24] <ToughGuy> But not zero large spikes?
[15:24] <Starlight> Repeat since many have joined: To avoid flooding Elidroth with similar (or too many) questions, there is a channel for SK's to discuss and coordinate what to ask. Please /join #EQSKAAChat
[15:25] <@Elidroth> no not zero.. but less BIG spikes.. variance in damage is OK, but when it goes off-scale and one-rounds people.. that's too much
[15:25] <Toxn-Xeg> could you look @ scourge skin its a 550 ds for 100 hits its almost never usefull could we add some ac or some other bonus? to it? its almost never gets used 2second casttime that hard to get off in combat
[15:26] <ToughGuy> Sorry, gotta follow up. So are you saying tanks should never get one-rounded?
[15:26] <@Elidroth> no.. I'm saying it shouldn't be as easy
[15:26] <@Elidroth> it used to be that when defensive dropped.. healers had to really step it up to keep a tank alive..
[15:26] <@Elidroth> I like that model
[15:27] <@Elidroth> when it's a forgone conclusion that when the disc drops, so does the tank.. that's a problem
[15:31] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get twincast the 1% chance on cast aa?
[15:32] <@Elidroth> I'll consider it but won't promise it
[15:32] <sebshaik> Elidroth could you help us focus our suggestions for the next hour-ish? I seem to recall you saying that our self-healing is fine, and our aggro tools are fine, so we can stop bringing those issues up. Are utility and DPS AA's on the table and should we discuss different avenues there?
[15:35] <sebshaik> Could we get a hastened hate's attraction?
[15:37] <@Elidroth> DPS is a reasonable direction
[15:37] <@Elidroth> DPS should be the SK's differentiation between other tanks
[15:38] <Issk> Are you think a passive AA to increase our base DPS or a spike like activated AAA for dps, Elidroth?
[15:39] <Sojero> corruption based AA DD that also effects our corruption dots say 5k dd and 20% more dmg for sk corruption dots
[15:39] <@Elidroth> passive would be better IMO.. Spikes only make the burn vs sustained issue worse
[15:40] <Issk> agree
[15:40] <shiftee> hi eli :) passive also inflates burn if not flat dmg
[15:40] <Thundersnake> Staff block for Knights would be great.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:41:44 PM by Riou »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Shadow Knight AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 08:27:09 AM »
[15:41] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get some kinda aa disc that increase our lifetaps by a huge% but makes it so they dont return healing while its up?
[15:41] <Issk> So it sound slike you think our heals (taps) and agro tools are good to go, so that really leaves us with DPS, dmg mitigation, and sunderies to look at it seems
[15:41] <Sojero> For passive, maybe make the bloodthristy blade AA larger increases, they are more controllable since they are not % based
[15:42] <@Elidroth> Yes, Shiftee.. I'm not advocating percentage gains
[15:43] <Sojero> hastened gouging blades
[15:43] <ToughGuy> @Elidroth - Warriors getting new 2h and dual-wield improvements, but despite that, you see SKs being the highest DPS tanks?
[15:43] <@Elidroth> Hastening of any disc or spell will have to be discussed with Aristo.. just FYI
[15:44] <@Elidroth> Yes
[15:44] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get an aa verson of the underfoot bp with truborn esurience(wont work anymore at 105 )(increased lifetap dmg and lower reuse) bp called Rhodium Shadowguard breastplate
[15:44] <Sojero> WTB Aristo in irc chat :)
[15:44] <illa> cool class warfare dude
[15:44] <@Elidroth> SK's have that DPS available when tanking.. Warriors do not
[15:44] <ToughGuy> Paying well, Sojero!
[15:44] <Sojero> i got $$ for him :)
[15:45] <Sojero> how do you see our dps increasing as most our dps is from lifetaps or dots, so everything will have to go through aristo :) can you give us a direction
[15:45] <Zarzac> If we are to dps when tanking it would have to be lifetap additions
[15:46] <Zarzac> no usre on others but when tanking I don't have a single dot up
[15:46] <Zarzac> lifetaps / utility / aggro spells
[15:46] <Sojero> bond is the only dot I usually have up
[15:46] <Viltaire> Same as Zarzac, dots aren't usually loaded when tanking
[15:46] <Sojero> when on raids
[15:47] <Sojero> in group i usually have a couple dots
[15:47] <lukeren> not have to, you could up the cap on melee skills, lower recasts of nukes (including Harm touch) etc
[15:48] <Repthor> could give a nuke aa with a 10 second recast and have 1-3 of them in seprate timers. that whould up your dps soome and not tie up your spell slots
[15:49] <Zarzac> aa spear type nuke was one of our suggestions
[15:49] <Starlight> dots are not viable for us on raids, our necros and debuffers hit the debuff limit for mobs all too easy already.
[15:49] <Sojero> yeah one for corruption disease and poison
[15:49] <Morulak> sk decap!
[15:49] <Sojero> each with a recourse that would only effect the sk's dots
[15:49] <Sojero> so it would help groupers more than raiders
[15:49] <Sojero> as raiders usually cant use dots cause of limits on mob debuff slots
[15:49] <SKSKSKS> AA nukes = more buttons to mash..
[15:51] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. more buttons isn't a good thing obviously
[15:51] <Repthor> make touch fo the cursed have a mirroed nuke pggy back type thing thats not a lifetap
[15:51] <Sojero> hastened quick spear
[15:51] <Toxn-Xeg> spaming reprove get old fast
[15:52] <Zarzac> totc discontinued we've been told rep
[15:53] <Sojero> significantly up the damage of bites since the recourse isnt tied to damage, and reduce their reuse time
[15:53] <Repthor> well maybe the life tap persion but u could get the piggy back mecanic for normal nuke maybe ?
[15:53] <Denyu> what about a chance for an extra DD proc off of our lifetaps and spears?
[15:54] <SKSKSKS> what happened if you made an aa to focus triple attack, could that be made in a flat damage way?
[15:55] <@Elidroth> Can't be done.
[15:55] <@Elidroth> Triple attack is a skill that simply determines if another basic attack round should happen
[15:56] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get an aa verson of the underfoot bp with truborn esurience(wont work anymore at 105 )(increased lifetap dmg and lower reuse) bp called Rhodium Shadowguard breastplate
[15:57] <Toxn-Xeg> http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=22428
[15:57] <Toxn-Xeg> is the spell
[15:57] <Starlight> that'd be neat actually.
[15:58] <SKSKSKS> aye, but its burst damage still
[15:59] <Starlight> I always liked clicking that one just for the illusion :P
[15:59] <lukeren> Starlight: you're weird :p
[15:59] <Starlight> lukeren: and you know it!
[15:59] <Toxn-Xeg> its good i almost wanted to ask for the illusion alone
[15:59] <Starlight> lukeren: on that subject, get back to raids you slacker.
[16:00] <lukeren> when Elidroth fixes us i will ;)
[16:00] <@Elidroth> I'm not going to give out BP effects on AA
[16:00] <Cisco> what about an AA lifetap where the heal was on Target of Target making for some dps + healing utility on raids when not tanking. if set to a 30-35 sec recast with a fast cast time it could make for a decent patch heal without impacting sustained healing
[16:01] <Denyu> What about just an AA that decreases recast time by 50%? They haven't bothered with that BP effect since UF
[16:01] <mohawk2> Could an SK use their pet to shield some of their incoming damage?
[16:01] <Denyu> decreases recast time on just lifetaps that is
[16:01] <SKSKSKS> for sustained damage, would you be willing to consider upping proc rate on touch of the cursed?
[16:04] <@Elidroth> upping proc rate won't help much on Touch of the Cursed due to how many melee procs SKs already have
[16:05] <@Elidroth> you can still only proc once per swing
[16:05] <Toxn-Xeg> with twinproc will it only mirror the first procs?
[16:06] <@Elidroth> When something procs, the stack stops processing until the next swing
[16:07] <Toxn-Xeg> is it possable to make touch of the cursed proc off bash? or something that dosent have a proc?
[16:07] <SKSKSKS> perhaps up the damage part of it and leave the heal alone, could that ratio be adjusted to accomplish more sustained maybe?
[16:08] <Toxn-Xeg> could you make touch of the cursed proc off spells?
[16:09] <Morulak> drastically boost shield or 2h bash damage. or add a decap type proc to bash
[16:09] <Toxn-Xeg> forget bash dont want to swarm again
[16:10] <Shang> Are AA-granted procs really considered spell-granted procs in the system?
[16:10] <Toxn-Xeg> arcane fusion shang!
[16:11] <Toxn-Xeg> all aa procs can twincast its why monks can get multi thunderfoot procs
[16:11] <Shang> Because you *can* get a weapon proc, and a spell-granted proc in the same swing.
[16:11] <Denyu> More ranks of persistent casting since mob push is getting much crazy?
[16:12] <mohawk2> is it paladin time now?
[16:13] <Repthor> ~10 minutes ish
[16:13] <Tadenea> SK started 30min late because of Eli lunch so give it time
[16:13] <@Elidroth> Any AA that isn't passive uses a spell.
[16:14] <Starlight> Elidroth: so you mentioned the proc stack stops processing until the next swing, does that mean there is one proc per hit round only? Or is it per individual hit?
[16:14] <Shang> Ah, good to know.. Thanks Elidroth.
[16:14] <Starlight> (you said "swing", so assuming hit round)
[16:14] <sebshaik> @starlight - should be per combat round
[16:15] <@Elidroth> One per swing. Everyone hit is a swing
[16:15] <@Elidroth> every hit is a swing
[16:15] <@Elidroth> sorry.. that's not clear enough
[16:15] <@Elidroth> yes.. every combat round
[16:15] <Starlight> Elidroth: so if I get a triple attack, does that count as one swing or three?
[16:15] <@Elidroth> one
[16:15] <Starlight> gotcha.
[16:15] <Starlight> makes sense, thanks.
[16:16] <Roth_Trailfinder> IDK if these are the terms that devs use, but a "combat round" is one set of attacks with a weapon, that can double, triple, flurry, punishing blade (as appropriate for the weapon) and launch a buffed proc and a weapon proc. VERY FEW procs are "per swing" most are "per round"
[16:17] <@Elidroth> that's correct, exactly
[16:17] <sebshaik> any chance we could get some alternatives to hate's attraction? rather than the current "fling" could we get a gravity pull or summon effect as options?
[16:18] <@Elidroth> I'd prefer to leave Hate's Attraction alone.
[16:18] <@Elidroth> I'd rather not change or augment it
[16:18] <vilems> he said an alternate
[16:19] <Sirene> i.e. "slow pull" (Gravitate SPA) effect to within melee range. I think only NPCs have this currently.
[16:19] <@Elidroth> I'm make this clearer then..
[16:19] <@Elidroth> No
[16:19] <Denyu> What about adding a slight mitigation buff for us or debuff to the mob for unbridled strike of fear?
[16:19] <Denyu> since it currently just pushes it back slightly
[16:20] <@Elidroth> Hmm
[16:20] <Jaerlyn> Eli - can you add some sort of rune recourse to Hate's Attraction - I know the sudden jump to melee range throws off healers at times.
[16:20] <@Elidroth> Let me think on that one Denyu
[16:20] <sojuu> I know im not an SK, but would it be very SK like or even useful for SKs to get a trap of sorts that generates more hate longer the mobs is on it, or creates hate as a mob paths over it?
[16:21] <ToughGuy> Any possibility of respeccing AAs?
[16:21] <SKSKSKS> for targets target or the caster?
[16:21] <@Elidroth> No Jaerlyn. I'm not going to create abilities or change abilities to account for people's poor play
[16:21] <@Elidroth> No ToughGuy
[16:21] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get aegis of kildrukaun 2 for our pet they just blow up
[16:22] <Denyu> What about an activated Virulent Talon type buff for our pet, that heals them and us?
[16:22] <Denyu> Not nearly as much damage of course
[16:22] <@Elidroth> I don't see SK pets as much more than visual dots I guess.. I'll look into toughening them up but I wouldn't expect big changes
[16:23] <KyleReese> some people are handicapped by the waythey play so giving them an AA that makes the game fun for someone who is a bad player would help a lot
[16:23] <@Elidroth> SK pets are more on Aristo's side of things, but we can talk about it
[16:23] <Viltaire> I didn't see this answered above, what about hastened gouging blades? it should help a tiny bit with dps
[16:23] <Sirene> For SK passive DPS - what about a base weapon dmg bonus AA like bards' Troubadour ___ Mastery? (Maybe Bloodthirsty Blade is like this already for SK)
[16:24] <ToughGuy> How about turning the SK pet into a suicide bomber?
[16:24] <SKSKSKS> or just a rog pet
[16:24] <@Elidroth> Viltaire - I'll talk with Aristo about it..
[16:24] <Viltaire> Ok thanks Elidroth.
[16:25] <KyleReese> My level 17 Paladin was camped in Crushbone I logged in took a few steps and was hit for 7000 dmg.
[16:25] <Cisco> Cloak of the Horde - activated AA, Group lifetap-DS. 7500 melee dmg shield and 6250 spell dmg shield, with a 75% return dmg as hp; 20 incoming hit counters with a 2min duration, 3min recast.
[16:25] <Cisco> max potential damage of 150k if counters are used by melee and 125k if counters are used by spells. works out to ~694-833 dps per person in group assuming all charges are used before the recast is back up. for healing this would return between ~93-113k HP per person over the duration of the charges.
[16:26] <Zarzac> As we are running low on time can you discuss the items from the list that are doable so far the things we have gotten positives on are you'll look at thought leech / debuff on strike / maybe on pet survivability / talk about blades
[16:30] <@Elidroth> Cisco.. max damage on that would be 150k per person
[16:30] <@Elidroth> that's kind of insane
[16:30] <mohawk2> should we move on to paladins now, so that there is 2 hours left for rangers afterwards?
[16:31] <Shennron> Aegis of Kildruken for SK pet
[16:31] <@Elidroth> Everyone is going to get their time Mohawk
[16:31] <@Elidroth> Even if I have to work late
[16:31] <Shennron> nm, already asked
[16:31] <Shang> fist bump elidroth!
[16:31] <ToughGuy> See, the devs don't have lives either!
[16:31] <KyleReese> please dont rise the level of estate of unrest or i can get to level 20
[16:31] <@Elidroth> Basically Zarzac, if I didn't say no, then it's something I'll consider
[16:32] <Toxn-Xeg> could we get an innate hundred hands effect to help our dps?
[16:32] <Zarzac> fair enough
[16:32] <@Elidroth> No Toxn
[16:32] <Cisco> 150k per person over a 3min recast, thats well under 1k dps per person assuming everyone used all counters (which is highly unlikely for healers). but of course the numbers could be lowered. what about the idea itself at lower values?
[16:32] <SKSKSKS> isent the whole passive dps thing a matter of tuning bloodthirsty blade?
[16:35] <@Elidroth> I'll look into it Cisco
[16:35] <@Elidroth> So.. I'm going to move on to Paladins now..
[16:35] <Starlight> Thank you for your time Elidroth
[16:35] <Shang> but first, lemme take a selfie
[16:36] <shiftee> hi eli
[16:36] <Warbane> uh oh
[16:36] <sebshaik> Thanks Elidroth for the SK chatter! Looking forward to TDS beta!
[16:36] <@Elidroth> As always.. please PM me with stuff if you have more questions.. This is by no means the end of input for THS
[16:36] <@Elidroth> TDS even
[16:37] * ChanServ changes topic to 'Paladins are on the clock... Go!'
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:41:49 PM by Riou »