Author Topic: Magician AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 5108 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Magician AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
[16:30] <@Elidroth> OK..
[16:30] <@Elidroth> So.. let's get this started
[16:31] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Hastened Virulent Talon?
[16:31] <@Elidroth> Before we do though
[16:31] <@Elidroth> One thing.. I say this only partially joking.. I'm not going to give you an AA to put pet AC back where it was before
[16:32] <Elrodo> it's as if a million voices cried out, and were suddenly silenced
[16:32] <@Elidroth> I can go a few more ranks of that
[16:33] <Piemastaj> Virulent Talon: increase proc total?
[16:33] <Tweelis> Can we get host in a shell bumped up a bit? It currently fades in under 20 seconds against a single trash mob in ETWK.
[16:33] <@Elidroth> Maybe a few hits more
[16:35] <Tweelis> If not that then a hasten groundswell stance series of AA's.
[16:35] <Cicely> Improved Gate AA- either reduction in cast time, or no fail... or both
[16:36] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Hastened and Extended Silent Casting?
[16:36] <@Elidroth> Host in the Shell - I'll go a new rank of it, with increased cap. I'll also remove the hit limit since it has a cap
[16:37] <@Elidroth> Gates can never be created no fail
[16:37] <@Elidroth> it's in code, nothing I can do about it
[16:37] <Cicely> Any chance about gate cast time being lowered?
[16:37] <Eanelder> eradicate magic, could we get a similar aa, or better yet make it archtype aa since all casters have been pretty equal on the spell versions of it?
[16:38] <@Elidroth> One at a time
[16:38] <Tweelis> Would it be a waste of time to copy and paste what's been posted on the mage boards for AA requests? I'm assuming you've read over those requests but if not I'd be happy to put them up here.
[16:40] <@Elidroth> Hastened Silent Casting - No. Extended I can do a couple ranks
[16:41] <Sancus-Luclin> Upgrade to Fortify Companion damage cap?
[16:42] <@Elidroth> Eradicate Magic - I'll talk with Aristo.. maybe just add the other pure casters to it
[16:42] <Morulak> yes
[16:42] <Eanelder> awesome
[16:44] <@Elidroth> Fortify Companion - No
[16:44] <Cicely> Host in Shell and Fortify Companion both have max damage caps. I propose a new AA that mitigates 'x'% for 'y' amount of time, with no cap. Thoughts? Like a magician pet defensive mode...
[16:44] <Sancus-Luclin> ^
[16:44] <@Elidroth> No.. They have caps for a reason
[16:45] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Spell Casting Subtlety?
[16:46] <Beimeith> All casters would like that one
[16:46] <@Elidroth> Nope.. Aggro needs to remain a part of the game. Not happening
[16:46] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Hastened and Extended Burnout?
[16:46] <Memnoch9299> controlled aggro does but chaotic idiocy doesn't
[16:47] <Tweelis> Can you make servant of ro useful again?
[16:47] <Tweelis> more damage would be nice from flappy.
[16:47] <Memnoch9299> yeah servant of ro is just a flappy that doesn't do much of anything
[16:48] * Memnoch9299 slaps Memnoch9299 around a bit with a large trout
[16:49] <Memnoch9299> and a silence fell over the crowd
[16:49] <@Elidroth> No to both burnouts. It currently can be up 25% of the time. I'm not changing that
[16:50] <Eanelder> current servant of ro *should* be doing at least the same damage as the pet summoned from the PoWar clicky Rune of Tallon.which I belives is 150k total or 7.5k a hit
[16:50] <@Elidroth> Servant of Ro is really just a visual DOT.. it's not intended to be a "real" pet
[16:50] <@Elidroth> but I can definitely look into the damage it does
[16:50] <Dooke> What about (pet) Veteran's Wrath on a cooldown to effect burn or sustained given the recast?
[16:51] <Cicely> Can Servant of Ro /assist us? Right now when we cast Servant of Ro on a mob, and the mob dies.... it just stands there doing nothing. While we have moved onto another mob.
[16:51] <@Elidroth> Why should an AA that came out 4 years ago match a drop in a recent zone?
[16:51] <@Elidroth> No, it can't Cicely
[16:51] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Extended Swarm and Hastened Rumbling Servant?
[16:52] <@Elidroth> Extended Swarm I can do a few..
[16:53] <Piemastaj> 1 rank on hastened is all we culd use. helps for weaving is why im asking
[16:54] <@Elidroth> Rumbling Servant is already down to 12 seconds.. I don't think making that faster is a good idea
[16:55] <Cicely> Frenzied Burnout mostly focuses on offense. I propose a new AA that is defensive based... "Defensive Burnout". Same timer as Frenzied, so magicians have to choose whether to go offense or defense. Extended/hastened durations. Focus on: higher AC, mitigation %, runes, regeneration, etc etc.
[16:55] <@Elidroth> No. I'm not replacing the changes we just made to your pets with AA
[16:55] <@Elidroth> I said that from the beginning
[16:55] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Destructive Fury?
[16:56] <@Elidroth> Destructive Fury I can do a small upgrade
[16:56] <Cicely> Sorry, did not mean any disrespect.
[16:56] <@Elidroth> I know.
[16:56] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Shifting Elements and Hastened Ele Union?
[16:57] <@Elidroth> Just restating our position
[16:58] <@Elidroth> Hastened Elemental Union - yes
[16:59] <@Elidroth> Shifting Elements is ok where it is now. I'm not going to upgrade it
[16:59] <Cicely> Any chance of Chaotic Benevolence (or an upgrade) becoming an AA instead of spell?
[17:00] <@Elidroth> No. Too soon.
[17:00] <Piemastaj> Anychance for Hastened Force of Elements? currently at a 20 second recast
[17:01] <@Elidroth> Not right now.. 20 sec for a free nuke is fine
[17:01] <Dooke> Is a passive or activated pet critical damage ability possible, that isn't linked to Frenzied Burnout if activated?
[17:03] <@Elidroth> If the Pet_Crit_Melee spell effect works like the others do, it's possible
[17:03] <Piemastaj> You gave a lot of crit chance AAs, but without increasing what Crits hit for it cuts into those gains a lot (for pets)
[17:03] <@Elidroth> I'll have to talk to coders to see if it does
[17:04] <Dooke> Thank you
[17:04] <@Elidroth> yes.. I have to see if that spell effect works like regular crit chance, where base effect 2 increases crit damage
[17:04] <@Elidroth> if it does, I can add some
[17:04] <Piemastaj> Anychance Elemental Ward can get boosted?
[17:06] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. I don't know how much, but I can
[17:06] <Drayze> any chance we can get the fade portion of summon companion made into it's own aa? That way when we fade our pets aggro to help tanks it stays at the mobs and continues to dps?
[17:07] <Memnoch9299> btw tanks HATE PET AGGRO
[17:08] <@Elidroth> Let me think on that one.. not saying yes/no right now
[17:08] <Piemastaj> Possible to get more mana returned on Mana Reserve?
[17:11] <Memnoch9299> that would be nice or some sort of adjustment on AA mod rod
[17:15] <Cicely> Any possibility of a Silent Casting like ability for our pet? Especially when it is casting Virulent Talon...
[17:16] <@Elidroth> Looking at Mana Reserve still
[17:16] <Cicely> Sorry
[17:18] <@Elidroth> Can upgrade it some..
[17:20] <@Elidroth> Better solution might be to put a hate override on the proc
[17:20] <@Elidroth> I don't want to keep adding more buttons to press
[17:20] <Eanelder> Could we get Headshot / Decap type procs for our fire/water pets? Same restrictions and similar damage, and only DPS pets would benefit.
[17:20] <@Elidroth> no
[17:20] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Hastened Drape and Cloak of Shadows?
[17:21] <@Elidroth> One at a time
[17:22] <@Elidroth> I'll do another rank of Hastened Drape
[17:22] <DaPug> monster summoning style pet illusion.. potential to randomly pick something in zone to illusion pet with? wouldnt change anything abotu the pet other then using existing models of the zone creatures, and the spell is already coded
[17:23] <@Elidroth> Hastened Cloak of Shadows can get some as well
[17:23] <@Elidroth> Pets don't work that way. Greig's End was specifically created and coded to work that way
[17:24] <Cicely> Elemental Form: Air can potentially stun a mob up to lvl 100. Our air pets can now stun to 103, and possibly 108 w/new expansion. Can the Air illusion proc go to lvl 103/108 as well?
[17:25] <@Elidroth> Yes
[17:25] <Cicely> Thank you
[17:26] <Piemastaj> Anychance for an AA to increase Rain DMG? prefer it to work on both Magic and Fire
[17:26] <@Elidroth> No.. Rain damage is fine right where it is
[17:27] <Memnoch9299> pets used to be able to be summoned as a random monster. I'm sure if you could find a way to work you could monetize it & add it to the marketplace for a reasonable fee
[17:27] <DaPug> actually , mages get 6 levels of monster summoning.. in spell form. and necros already get pet illusion AA. Not refering to a zone specific thing but one we already had (in spell form) or one another class uses (illusion AA)
[17:28] <Memnoch9299> and a way to make rain damage focus more on the primary target would be nice. It sucks when you happen to have 2+ mobs in camp & use rains, the damage gets split up & lessened
[17:29] <@Elidroth> Use a nuke
[17:29] <Eanelder> Improved Call Hiter, instant cast. Lets us save that hapless cleric *or Merc* whose standing on top of the mob our pet is trying to tank but cant cause the PC is in melee range. Ideally also remove speed imparing effects from the called target.
[17:30] <Eanelder> Call Hither*
[17:31] <Eanelder> the current cast time is too long to save anyone reliably
[17:31] <@Elidroth> I can quicken it by 1/2, but I'm not removing the cast time
[17:31] <Cicely> 1/2 is a very fair compromise
[17:31] <Eanelder> i think it is alrady quicked by half with Quick SUmmoning
[17:32] <Eanelder> so unsure if you can quicken it further without chance the base cast time
[17:32] <Eanelder> changing*
[17:32] <Aliano> Any way to make Thaumatize Pet an AA, so free up a spell slot for something that serves us better situationally? We are always in need of changing spells on the fly, as EQ morphs classes into hybrids of each other
[17:33] <@Elidroth> Nope.. Call Hither uses Fling_to_Self not Summon
[17:33] <@Elidroth> No
[17:34] <@Elidroth> Your spell gems are an important part of the game balance
[17:34] <Piemastaj> Anychance we can get a higher Crit DMG mod for nukes? W/o ADPS we suffer quite a bit in that department
[17:34] <@Elidroth> Hence why this is still a multi-player game
[17:35] <@Elidroth> I'm not going to remove interdependence
[17:35] <Aliano> Correct, and as you turn every class more into an abomination of all other classes, we are forced to lose spell gems to minor, and newer utility spells
[17:35] <Aliano> was why I brought it up
[17:39] <Memnoch9299> testing out multiclassing in EQ before they add it to Next /nod
[17:40] <Cicely> Any chance of all INT casters having a secondary bind point, similar to wizards?
[17:41] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. you might not have been here for that.. I'm going to talk to everyone and see about making that happen
[17:41] <@Elidroth> not saying yes just yet, but we'll discuss it
[17:41] <Cicely> Sorry was not, thanks for looking into that!
[17:41] <Eanelder> Gift of Synergy. When we get a Gift of Mana Proc, our Servant Pet spell gem refreshes and becomes available for casting.
[17:42] <@Elidroth> That doesn't seem like it's a good idea
[17:43] <NylremRathe> hastened rains. reduce from 12s to like 8s recast?
[17:44] <Memnoch9299> #cheer
[17:44] <@Elidroth> Rains are good right where they are
[17:44] <Memnoch9299> #boo
[17:44] <Sancus-Luclin> Hastened/Quickened Aegis of Kildrukhan?
[17:45] <@Elidroth> Exactly what benefit is there from Hastened?
[17:46] <@Elidroth> recast is 30 seconds and it lasts 6 minutes
[17:46] <NylremRathe> and drops in 3
[17:46] <Sancus-Luclin> During a fight it lasts like 3 seconds
[17:46] <Sancus-Luclin> It's only 8 hits
[17:46] <Cicely> Exactly. It never lasts the full six minutes, rarely in a fight does it even last six seconds.
[17:47] <@Elidroth> Ugh.. fun consistency of code
[17:47] <@Elidroth> my bad
[17:47] <@Elidroth> normal absorption effects use base effect 1 to indicate the percentage of the hit to absorb
[17:50] <@Elidroth> OK.. Quickening is fine. Hastened I'll do but I need to figure out how much I want it up

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Re: Magician AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »
[17:50] <Sancus-Luclin> sweet, thanks
[17:50] <Eanelder> Code question, it is possibe to alter the effects of an Activted AA depending on what pet is being used? ie 1 aa could effect each pet differently?
[17:51] <@Elidroth> Not really
[17:51] <Eanelder> k, ty
[17:52] <Piemastaj> Anychance for us to get a higher Crit DMG ability for nukes? W/o ADPS we are quite low in this department
[17:52] <@Elidroth> Already answered that
[17:53] <Piemastaj> sorry u answered it in a grp of 3 questions. wasnt sure
[17:53] <@Elidroth> no problem
[17:54] <Piemastaj> Anychance for pets to get a Frontal melee prevention? 18 seconds, similar to Weaponshield
[17:55] <DaPug> alrighty.. possible to quicken recast time on summoned rods/shards activation strictly for mages. They summon them.. stands to reason they might be able to use them better/faster then other folks
[17:55] <Aliano> that would be nice, while we resummon a pet that died to a light blue
[17:56] <DaPug> to clarify.. not asking to summon rods faster but "click" them faster, specific to mages
[17:56] <@Elidroth> weaponshield effect - no. Quickened modrod activation, maybe?
[17:56] <@Elidroth> I'll have to see if I can make that work
[17:57] <NylremRathe> increase to modrods damage/mana returned?
[17:58] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss that with the team.. can't give a yes/no right now
[17:58] <Piemastaj> Anychance to get a Short re-use time Cure for pets?
[18:00] <@Elidroth> Let me think on that a while
[18:00] <Piemastaj> More ranks of Hastened Improved Twincast?
[18:01] <Aliano> What is your position on making pets survival rate in tune with the modern game. i.e. at the moment, a pet, even with EM 21 focus does not fare well on simple trash with no merc involved. I, for one, do not use mercs, as they were never a part of the game, and are a crutch at times, and unsharpen skills. Do you have a viable solution for us to eith
[18:01] <Aliano> er heal pets way better, or add defensive mods to the pet for actual survival on trash? The way it is now, its not even a question of the mage pet being over powered. Its a simple situation of, without a healeing merc, we are pretty useless to fend for ourselves.
[18:01] <@Elidroth> Twincast is fine right where it is
[18:02] <@Elidroth> You choosing to not use a part of the game is your decision
[18:03] <Eanelder> Elemental Form: Air was mentioned earlier with the stun cap needing to be raised, would be nice to see the other 3 levels increased as well for lvl 105
[18:03] <Aliano> correct. and you choosing to force us to use an option in game for mere survival is a poor, uncalculated decision. Sir.
[18:03] <Memnoch9299> I use mercs but the parity right now between em 15 all the way up to em 21 is pretty disappointing for raid mages & necros & beasts too
[18:04] <Eanelder> sorry .. other 3 FORMS, not levels
[18:04] <@Elidroth> one sec
[18:05] <@Elidroth> None of the other forms have any level restriction that would be capped below level cap besides Air
[18:05] <Piemastaj> he is asking for boosts to them i think
[18:06] <@Elidroth> I wasn't going to upgrade the forms, I was just going to raise the cap
[18:06] <Eanelder> yes was suggesting ncrease mana regen on water, dmg on earth absorb, and fire isnt capped, your right.
[18:07] <@Elidroth> I'll take a look at upgrading them I guess. No promises
[18:07] <NylremRathe> fix Companion's Blessing so it actually heals as much as it's capable of when pet it tanking? it currently drops way before it should
[18:07] <Piemastaj> Companion's Blessing: anychance to get the cap removed or actually allow the buff to work? The cap makes it so much less powerful then you intended
[18:09] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. that'll get fixed
[18:10] <Aliano> How about Mana Reserve AA being triggered higher than at 20%? It is very rare instances, where we are even below 20%, also some AAs perhaps to purchase to up the mana back to put it in line with growing mana pools?
[18:11] <NylremRathe> he already said he'd increase mana reserve 'some'
[18:11] <@Elidroth> The restriction on use is staying.. It's intentionally at 20%
[18:11] <Aliano> Sorry, must have missed that
[18:11] <Piemastaj> Possible to get it so we can have a % chance to proc our current Of Many spell off of DMG spells cast?
[18:11] <Aliano> ok
[18:12] <@Elidroth> OK.. the Melee Guard on Companion's Blessing will get a fix.. I'll try to get that in for the September patch and not make you wait until the expansion
[18:12] <Aliano> Thanks
[18:13] <@Elidroth> BRB.. restroom
[18:16] <Nendiun> Slightly more off-the-wall, but assuming that a reasonable amount of mobs in new expansion will count as summoned,might it incentivize the use of summoned nukes to boost % chance and/or power of the bonus proc on that spell line with AA? If that line is being continued, of course
[18:17] <NylremRathe> Smite Summoned and Turn Summoned AA, equivalent in damage to cleric undead ones :)
[18:19] <@Elidroth> I'll look at upping the damage on Turn Summoned
[18:21] <Cicely> I know our time ends soon Elidroth, but I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to not only meet with my class, but with all the classes this week.
[18:21] <Nendiun> regardless of turn summoned, the actual spell line isn't very appealing, even when a mob is type summoned.. it may be nice to provide aa bonuses that make it viable as a weave spell on summoned targets
[18:21] <@Elidroth> Crazy as it may seem.. I LIKE doing these
[18:21] <Beimeith> he likes to say no
[18:22] <Narye> Ok, so your just Crazy?
[18:22] <Beimeith> every tear that is shed makes him more powerful
[18:22] <Piemastaj> Hastened Companion of Necessity?
[18:23] <@Elidroth> I don't really want to change that..
[18:23] <@Elidroth> I really want the tank Projections to remain the best at this
[18:23] <Piemastaj> its used for pulling mainly
[18:23] <NylremRathe> ?
[18:24] <@Elidroth> that doesn't change my opinion any
[18:24] <Sancus-Luclin> Don't think I saw it asked (sorry if it was), but could Host of Elements get an upgrade?
[18:24] <@Elidroth> Admittedly I've been avoiding upgrading swarm pets
[18:24] <DaPug> possible to alternative graphics for summoned weapons just for variety sake?
[18:25] <@Elidroth> because I think there's already WAY too many of them
[18:25] <Memnoch9299> lol Beimeth
[18:25] <Memnoch9299> but we need 15 pets out to maximize Salvo
[18:25] <Memnoch9299> more with host & a hastened for it would be very nice
[18:25] <Sancus-Luclin> Alright :/, used to be able to OT in a pinch, they're pretty crappy now
[18:26] <Sancus-Luclin> now all they're good for really is salvo
[18:26] <@Elidroth> If I upgrade it I won't be increasing the number of pets or their duration
[18:26] <@Elidroth> they were never intended to be anything more than a visual dot
[18:26] <Piemastaj> bumping HPs and DMG would be awesome. they get rocked on raids
[18:26] <NylremRathe> will they be able to survive a riposte by a raid mob?
[18:26] <Sancus-Luclin> yeah they often die before reaching the mob
[18:27] <@Elidroth> That makes no sense at all
[18:27] <@Elidroth> They have to attack to be riposted
[18:27] <@Elidroth> which means they're in range
[18:27] <Sancus-Luclin> was a joke, lol
[18:27] <@Elidroth> I'll consider upgrading it
[18:27] <Sancus-Luclin> but I've watched them disintegrate on burn out, dunno why
[18:27] <Sancus-Luclin> before hitting the mob
[18:28] <@Elidroth> And with that.. I'll bring Magicians to a close
[18:28] <@Elidroth> thanks all
[18:28] <@Elidroth> Enchanters.. Last but not least..
[18:28] * Asmadeus cheers
[18:28] <Nendiun> thanks Elidroth =)
[18:28] <@Elidroth> yep