Author Topic: May 7, 2014 - Plane of War Mission and Raid!  (Read 23983 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
May 7, 2014 - Plane of War Mission and Raid!
« on: May 07, 2014, 01:26:49 AM »
The Plane of War Mission (War Games) and the Raid (The Brothers Zek) go live on May 7th and last until June 18th.

In the War Games mission you will find a Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem in the chest, upon looting this you will then turn it in to Yaldu Bwor (the Gnoll shroud NPC), this will unlock 5 Gnoll Shrouds to use, as you level these shrouds the AC buff on the Totem Clicky will gain in power, at max rank it is 173 ac at level 100. This AC buff stacks with all other AC buffs.

The catapult aura to tell if you will be hit by it, I believe requires Environmental Particles to be turned on!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:34:16 AM by Riou »

Offline Lunee

Re: May 7, 2014 - Plane of War Mission and Raid!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »
I was boxing 2 accounts I noticed one would show the area the catapult would effect and one did not. I was able to change that by setting my particles for players to On For Me + NPC, Hope that helps for some of you.

Offline startrek41

• Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:05:53 PM »
the totem is trade-able btw, can loot it and decide who gets later!

Chandrok
Developer

This item was not intended to be tradable. It will become No Trade and Lore in the next update.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/plane-of-war-mission.210476/

Offline Drakang

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »
The raid is just like the old Brother Zek event in SOD (that we all hated and many guilds skipped). Amp it up on steroids. Spread them out to limit Vallon DPS and Tallon DPS from assisting each other or assisting on adds. Make the adds have over 3 million hps and hit for 30K. Pop 2-7 of them at a time and its the first challenging event since Triunity and well Brothers Zek.

Offline Otak

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »
Anyone else having problems with the totem, Maxed mine out and still do not see any change in gained AC.

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:31:54 PM »
Anyone else having problems with the totem, Maxed mine out and still do not see any change in gained AC.

Did you try re talking to the shroud NPC (possibly in each shroud form) I think he has to 'unlock' the increases

Offline Finalstand

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »
This is max of 153 - 173 dependent on your classes's softcap.

Anyone get any less then that from it being maxed out ?

Offline Otak

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 05:29:27 PM »
After going through each unlock and hailing the NPC it started going up, thanks !

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 11:58:58 PM »
With the PoWar mission gnoll shroud, when maxed to 5/5 you will get 153-204 ish AC depending on your class (based on your classes AC Soft-Cap, ie Int casters + Druids get the top end)

The more outside help you can get the faster it will go, some ways to go:

If you absolutely cant get outside help, try to get buffs in GL and stuff like Temp, DS, Regen etc, if you can't get these then your best bet is to shroud to level 5 and just zerg some newbie yard/zones

If you can get Mage + Shaman, Druid, Ranger, Cleric:
With all pairs but the Cleric you can just get Regen + DS buffs and go to town on newbie yards or the Warrens (they run)

With the Cleric you can Viral RDS and zone the cleric out, with pathing mobs this can viral debuff basically the whole zone, RDS works in a special way in that it attributes the damage to who gets hit from the mob, so the shroud has to be the one being hit to get kill credit

Other method is using level 70 shroud and having people who can zerg Grounds or the Hatchlings in HoFC, maybe Xorbb halfling army mission etc, this method is probably slowest though since it takes longer to kill everything

Fastest way is doing your normal DS PL's, buy some Oil of Fennin Ro's (you can use a Bard if you want to flip them a lot, Bard box with ftp will constantly out level your shroud though so it makes it annoying to do this route)

Normal DS PLing is simply, pull a huge train on a big toon (Bard, Sk, Pal work good for solid AE aggro) without a weapon in main hand ( you don't want to Riposte), once you have ok aggro, right click the oil on the mobs, then spam sit on the big toon PL'er, a good spot for this is Undead in Crescent Reach, these repop super fast, use level 15 shroud

Shrouds work like Evolving items do, the higher the con the better the EXP, the less in your group the better the EXP.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:00:53 AM by Riou »