Author Topic: Spell Search  (Read 3157 times)

Offline bigbear

Spell Search
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:17:45 AM »
Is it possible to add expansion tags to spells and a way to search for them by expansion in the spell search? I wouldn't worry about fixing this all the way back to HoT but for the 101+ (TDS/TBM) and future expansions would be nice feature to have.

thanks

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Spell Search
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 06:27:53 PM »
This is something I would consider, but if I do it will only be for player usable spells (excluding clickies, focuses, etc). Beyond that, it gets far too time intensive and confusing.

Would this still be useful?

Offline bigbear

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:31:47 PM »
all i am looking for is the player usable spells. if i do a search for cleric 101+ spells i cant tell which ones are for TDS and which ones are for TBM. i can figure it out but if the advance search options had sort by expansion then i could just print that expansions spells. plus it would help returning players as well

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »
Just wanted to give a quick update for this:

I've got the system in place to tag and search spells by expansion. I'm now looking for some volunteers to help us tag player spells by expansion (I think we have Berserkers, Bards, and Warriors covered at the moment).

As soon as we've been able to get all the player spells tagged, I'll add this as a search parameter on the search page!

Offline bigbear

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 10:43:34 PM »
how do you want us to tag the spells. just go to the spell page and in the comments section say which expansion its for? or is there a different way to help?

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 04:23:08 AM »
It's actually an admin option on each spell page. It's only available to users who are flagged for it. If you are interested in helping, please shoot me a PM.

Offline Sphynx

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 02:22:06 AM »
Warrior, Shaman and Wizard have been tagged.

If anyone notices an error, please post so it can be corrected.

Druid, Enchanter, and Necromancer also have been tagged.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:47:07 PM by Sphynx »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:05:12 AM »
Warrior, Shaman and Wizard have been tagged.

If anyone notices an error, please post so it can be corrected.

Thanks much, Sphynx. You rock!

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 09:01:31 AM »
Alright, this feature has been implemented.

HUGE thanks to Cazic.Sphynx and Cazic.Sirenea for spending countless hours flagging spells by expansion, you guys are awesome!

I made some pretty hefty backend changes to the spell search page as well (at some point I'd really like to do a ground up rewrite of this script), so if you see something not working quite right, please let me know!

Offline darkland52

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 09:44:39 PM »
You may have broken it. Searching for certain spells no longer returns a result. for instance, if i search for mark of sul, i get nothing. I can still use the google search to get to the page though.

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 01:33:40 AM »
You may have broken it. Searching for certain spells no longer returns a result. for instance, if i search for mark of sul, i get nothing. I can still use the google search to get to the page though.

Thanks for reporting this!

With your example I was able to easily track down the issue, and I -think- I have it fixed.

Please let me know if you notice any other issues!