Author Topic: Gamparse continuing to parse after attack is off!  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Palamus

Gamparse continuing to parse after attack is off!
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »
Hello,

I successfully installed Gamparse on my old Desktop some time ago and it works perfectly, however I got a new computer and installed Gamparse and it is not showing me my actual dps.

It is continuing to record the parse until the dots are wore off before exporting my dps to EQ. So, my dps is looking bad because the parser is still running after I take off attack.

Can you help?

Palamus

Offline Palamus

Re: Gamparse continuing to parse after attack is off!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »
These parses I am doing area being done on a guild hall dummy, that does not die. I do not know if the parses export data to EQ after the death of a mob during a raid. I had overlays working last night and was using them. I will try and test Gamparse to see if it exports data to EQ after the death of a mob like normal, but it still doesn't parse like it did on the old desktop? I cannot get it to send data to EQ until the dots are wore off, instead of sending it when I take attack off.

Help!?

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »
Last time I saw there was a setting to end fight after X seconds of no fighting or what not (So it would stop parsing in case there is no death message or such), you could try lowering that so it ends before the next dot ticks or something

Offline Beimeith

• Premium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 12:53:02 AM »
Riou is correct. If there is no death message GamParse will continue to parse as long as it reads damage being done. As soon as GamParse stops reading damage it will start a Countdown timer. Once that timer runs out, it will end the fight. You can edit the timeout period via Settings > General Options "Default battle time-out." The default is 30 seconds.

Be warned: You shouldn't have this set too low under normal conditions or it can stop fights midway though.

Locking this thread.