General > Feedback and Suggestions

RBK Update - Joint Effort Kills

(1/3) > >>

Rorce:
Since there seems to be an increase in guilds teaming up to defeat raids lately, we've had to make some additions to RBK to make joint efforts transparent. I'm told that before we took over RBK, joint effort kills weren't even allowed to be submitted to RBK. We aren't that strict, but we do want it to be shown when a kill was part of a joint effort of two or more guilds.

So now when you submit a kill (for content from The Broken Mirror and newer), you will be asked if your raid kill was a joint effort. To qualify as a single guild kill (non joint effort) your raid must be composed of 91% or higher of players wearing your guilds tag. If your raid has 10% or more players with another guilds tag, then your raid kill is considered a joint effort, and you must correctly submit the kill as a joint effort.

The submission process is still straightforward - there is just one extra step. After you've clicked the "Submit This Kill" button you will be asked if your kill was a joint effort. You simply select Yes or No, then press the Confirm button.

On the RBK Home Page, joint effort kills are marked with an * next to the kill date.

Please post here with any questions or concerns. Thanks guys.

Lianeb:
I applaud the changes.
Is there a way for a Joint effort kill to revert to a single guild kill with a new timestamp?

Rorce:

--- Quote from: Lianeb on December 18, 2015, 08:30:13 PM ---I applaud the changes.
Is there a way for a Joint effort kill to revert to a single guild kill with a new timestamp?

--- End quote ---

You mean like have a new column for each joint raid, like have a PR column, FK column, and a PR + FK column?

If that's what you mean, I wouldn't plan on seeing that any time soon. That would require a complete re-write of the RBK system, and that's not something I wish to spend a couple days on at the moment unfortunately. Not automated, at least. I could add PR + FK as a guild to the system, and they could submit the joint raids for that "guild". This is something all parties would need to agree to before I set up, tho.

Lianeb:
I was just thinking something along the lines of of a way to remove the * from the kill by submitting a second date for single guild kill.

I guess the way it works now is fine just makes the guilds choose either early date with * on the kill or later date without when they kill themselves.

Rorce:

--- Quote from: Lianeb on December 18, 2015, 09:57:49 PM ---I was just thinking something along the lines of of a way to remove the * from the kill by submitting a second date for single guild kill.

I guess the way it works now is fine just makes the guilds choose either early date with * on the kill or later date without when they kill themselves.

--- End quote ---

Ok, I understand what you are saying. Let me put some thought into this and see if I can figure out a way to do this without requiring too much code rewrite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version