Author Topic: April 19, 2012 - Free Items April 20, 2012 Weekend  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
April 19, 2012 - Free Items April 20, 2012 Weekend
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:30:17 PM »
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=185820

I wanted to be the first to let you know that we're giving everyone on a recurring Gold Membership some free items.

We'll have more information about this on Friday but when we release the news article and when the Email hits your inbox, it's going to tell you that if you are on a recurring Gold Membership under the 1 month recurring plan, we're giving you one of our Big Bags and some food and drink that gives some benefits. And if you are on a 3 month recurring plan or better, you're going to get a Bigger Bag + XP potions + Consigned Armor + Mercenary Contract and a few other potions, food and drink. If you're not signed up to receive emails, you might want to go into your account and click to receive the information.

Also, if you are not currently on a recurring Gold Membership Plan, there will be some additional information on how you can take advantage of this offer as well this weekend, starting on Friday.

A thank you from the EverQuest Team! (the items, not my leak of information...)

-Thom Terrazas AKA "Phathom"

FAQ:
I'll try to answer most of the questions in one post :
Q. Is this a one time thing?
A. This promotion is going to run just for this weekend. However, we may run this one or another promotion in the future. We're discussing the schedule and it is pretty favorable that something else is coming out very soon.

Q. One question I would have is IF you did switch over to recurring, would it only take effect at the end of your prepaid time?
A. The gifts will be granted within the promotion timeline. You will not have to wait until your current membership to run out before receiving the items. However, you will not receive the 500 SC that comes with a Recurring Gold Membership until your current plan ends.

Q. Sounds like a gamewide system message before you do this is in order, as most people do not read these forums and might be in this boat, IE people who will never stop playing eq and paid up front.
A. Good suggestion doktartp. We should get the information to everyone in game as well.

Q. I do think it would be cool if they gave out little perks to gold members every month. Nothing crazy, just a little thing here and there to get even more people to go gold.
A. No promises on that. However, it's not out of the question though. Of course, the benefits of being a Gold Member are already fairly large versus a Free or Silver Membership.

Q. Re-occuring means your Loyalty Velocity is going up or maxed out. If that isn't happening and you don't do something to change that really soon you won't qualify for the reward. It's going to check the duration of your current subsciption and if it's 1 month long you'll get the lesser giveaway.
A. Good point! The Loyalty points you can spend do increase the longer you are on a Gold Membership and allow you more purchase power on the Loyalty Vendor. That feature and the monthly 500 SC round off some decent benefits for being Gold.

Q. What about those on 6-month subcription or more? Do they get even bigger gifts?
A. Their will be gifts for 1 month recurring gold memberships and another set given to anyone on a 3 month recurring or better (3, 6, 12, 24 month recurring gold members will get the same gift)

Q. Will players on TLP servers be able to get the bags and XP Potions?
A. No. Currently the Bag is tied to the House of Thule Expansion so they would not be claimable on Fippy nor Vulak until HOT unlocks. However, you can claim them on any other server. .... NEW INFO... We may lift the Big Bag restriction on these two servers down the road - Maybe. We had a little conversation about it and we may lift it but that day is not today. J

Q. if i change from 1 month to three month today, will i get charged anything straight away or will it be when the current month runs out?
A. You will get charged after your 1 month runs out.

Q. Will this be a one time thing? Will it be per account or per character? It sounds like more people must have let their subscriptions lapse from Gold to Silver than they expected.
A. The answer is above as well but I'll expand on your "sky is falling" statement as well. -- This promotion is going to run just for this weekend. However, we may run this one or another promotion in the future. We're discussing the schedule and it is pretty favorable that something else is coming out very soon. RE: "Sky is falling": That couldn't be further from the truth. In fact our numbers have been increasing week to week and I'm sure you've seen the returning and new players into the game in record numbers lately.

Q. If people can change from non recuring to recuring, then back again to non recuring once they ve got the gift, why not just give it to everyone with a gold membership? or is soe hoping on people forgetting to cancel the recuring plan after? ;p
A. There are more benefits to being a Gold Member than just this promotion. If you want to jump back and forth, that is your luxury. We're giving an added for this weekend for those on gold recurring memberships...and we thank you for that!

Q. any whispers of double station cash for the weekend as a part of this?
A. Hmmm... Can I truly say that will not happen? You never can tell when they're gonna hit but if I hear of it, I'll try to leak it out to you ahead of time (If I can ask for forgiveness without too much penalty).

Q. I am unable to gift with it in EQII, which now concerns me, as this likely means it would also not be considered eligible for this nice gift. (You cannot gift SC items if you are not a recurring sub.)
A. I will have to check if there are limitations on the Station Access Recurring Memberships. Let me get back to you on this one.

Q. They dont HAVE to give anything to us, take it as it is, a gift, for whatever you want it to be for. I sure won't be turning it down, although id love to have my anchor and guild hall back too....
A. What happened to your Guild Hall and Anchor? Free Account status?

Q. Phathom, is this email we are going to receive going to our personal email we have set up when we purchase expansions, membership etc? Or is it an in-game email we will receive on our characters?
A. If you are opted-in to receive EQ newsletters, you should receive the email. Check under your Account Link to double check. If you are not set up today but you do change it today, I think there is some possibility that the timing would be bad and you would not receive the messaging. However, I would change it regardless and hope you get this one and all other future offers. We should have more information on our site as well tomorrow to confirm all the data if you want to check back (and you didn't get the email J)

-Thom AKA "Phathom"

Rewards:
1 Month:
Ivory Traveler's Pack (18 slot, 100% wr, 0.8 lb Giant bag, Heirloom) x 1
Milk x 20
Cookie x 20

3 Month:
Golden Traveler's Pack (24 slot, 100% wr, 0.8 lb Giant bag, Heirloom) x 1
Milkx 20
Cookie x 20
Perfected Augmentation Distiller x5
Bottle of Adventure III x 5
Bottle of Speed x 5
Animated Armor Contract x 1
Consigned Complete Armor Bundle x 1
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:17:00 AM by Riou »

Offline CorroeaYksi

• I will never be too old to give you a Donkey Punch
Re: April 19, 2012 - Free Items April 20, 2012 Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
I wish these rewards applied to those of us that have exempt (free) accounts as well as those that are re-upping.

:(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:28:21 PM by CorroeaYksi »