Author Topic: March 16, 2017 - Producers Letter  (Read 5107 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
March 16, 2017 - Producers Letter
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
Greetings Norrathians!

Where does the time go? Today is the 18th anniversary for EverQuest!

We are incredibly grateful for you, our community, who've continued to breathe life into Norrath for these many, many years. This game and its audience are truly unprecedented! As for us, we've had our heads down working on the game and planning for the year. We are ready to talk about our immediate plans!

With this year's anniversary, we're introducing a new quest and two new player-designed missions. In addition, there are new rewards for purchase on the jubilant merchant that can be purchased with Commemorative Coins. While we celebrate our anniversary, we've turned bonus XP on for all servers until the end of March. Also, don't miss our anniversary gift to everyone that has ever played EverQuest - a FREE Heroic Character!

Next up, our plans are weaving together for our new Progression server: Agnarr! We're planning on launching around early summer this year. This is a new time-locked progression server with a unique rule set. Here are a few details:

Agnarr is a time-locked progression server that will start at the base game and eventually lock at Lost Dungeons of Norrath... permanently
 We will refer to this server informally as "PoP-locked" even though it will eventually include Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath
 Expansions automatically unlock 12-weeks per expansion
 Experience rates will be the same as Ragefire and Lockjaw
 True Box server rules apply (one account per machine)
 We will have a limited store that will start with lower-tier consumables (potions & buffs), appearances, and bags - and some mounts will unlock with Luclin, but marketplace offerings will not be too powerful for each expansion's era

Around the same time as the Agnarr release, we are working towards releasing new features to all servers, including new achievements for the original game content and early expansions. We will also work on an in-game calendar so you can keep track of all of our releases, notable events, and info for sales, promos, and bonus timelines.

And, lest there be any doubt, there will be an expansion later this year! The team has already been working on it. No spoilers yet, though!

Please join us for the 18th anniversary as we pay tribute to you and this amazing game we all share!

And below, please stay tuned for a word from our newest producer, Lauren McLemore!

Sincerely, as always,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale

-----------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

It's incredible to think that EverQuest has been crafting memories for the last 18 years and I feel so lucky that I get to be a part of it! I'm still learning the ropes and sinking my teeth into what makes EverQuest, well, EverQuest, but the more I learn and understand the more I'm inspired by the depth and richness of the game and by you all, the players!

This anniversary holds a special place for me as it marks the first anniversary I've been part of the EverQuest team. They're an amazing group of developers and truly care about creating lasting, memorable experiences within Norrath. I hope you all hop in to play and check out everything the team has put together for you during this anniversary celebration!

I know I'll be logging in to play and to snag some Teir'Dal Heritage Crates! I'm definitely a collector so I can't pass up the chance to try to get all 12 sets of Dark Elf-themed Hero's Forge armor, the new familiars, and fingers crossed, the Wrulon mount.

Happy 18th Anniversary EverQuest!

See you in Norrath!

Lauren McLemore

Offline startrek41

• Premium Member
Re: March 16, 2017 - Producers Letter
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »