Author Topic: Druid AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Druid AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:02:13 PM »
[16:34] <@Elidroth> It's time we moved on to Druids
[16:34] <illa> yay
[16:34] <Elrodo> huzzah
[16:34] * ChanServ changes topic to 'Druids are on the clock. Beastlords next.'
[16:34] <narknon> yay
[16:34] <illa> ~60s buff that reduces or removes the 24s recast timer on our Remote Sunfire line (Nukes that proc a HOTT heal). Useful for group named and raids. In full burn mode, removing the recast completely and chain casting Remote Sunfire would do about 75% of our max burn dps, while allowing us to heal slightly faster than normal
[16:34] <Lainey> yeah
[16:35] <@Elidroth> While doable, I'm not sure it's a good idea.
[16:35] <illa> I'm really to solidify our role as dps priest by giving us better tools to combo of healing and dps at the same time
[16:35] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss it with the rest of the team
[16:36] <illa> Alternate version of Storm Strike that procs a heal on the target's target. Flavoring to fire would be cool.
[16:36] <@Elidroth> Really trying to stay away from dual purpose abilities
[16:37] <@Elidroth> I'm not a fan of nukes that proc heals and such
[16:37] <illa> that's really what our class is about
[16:37] <narknon> Yeah, kinda druids thing
[16:37] <illa> we have a ton of reflects already
[16:38] <illa> and it is the most direct way to do what we want to do as a class
[16:38] <@Elidroth> Yes and adding more of them creates more problems, conflicts, and potential issues
[16:39] <illa> Blessing of Ro totem, like the enc/shm tash/malo totems?
[16:40] <@Elidroth> doable
[16:40] <illa> cool
[16:40] <illa> DoT disc. We've had DoTs forever and they're still a part of our dps and burn lineups today, but none of our discs provide any support for them. You greenlighted this idea during the last AA chats, something along the lines of "Increase Chance to Critical DoT by XX% and Increase Critical DoT Damage by 1XX% of Base Damage" for 60s
[16:41] <@Elidroth> ok
[16:42] <illa> I really love mistwalk, can we get a second rank to improve the range a bit? and some ranks for hastened for it?
[16:43] <@Elidroth> I think it's OK where it is
[16:44] <illa> If a nuke-heal storm strike isn't ok, could we get a fire flavored version?
[16:46] <@Elidroth> The issue is not the damage type.. it's that I don't want to create more multiple purpose abilities
[16:46] <@Elidroth> so no
[16:46] <illa> as just a nuke
[16:46] <Elrodo> he means, storm strike as fire resist
[16:46] <illa> fire instead of magic
[16:47] <Elenwyyi> no healing part, just dps
[16:48] <@Elidroth> Possible..
[16:48] <illa> alright
[16:48] <illa> Something to use during gem downtime while healing a player. I have lots of things to click during gem downtime while I'm DPSing with a mob targeted, but very little to put extra actions into while healing. A burst heal to mirror Storm Strike. A one hit DS that fades into a heal/rune/vie. something along those line?
[16:50] <@Elidroth> Not really a fan of that. If you're dps'ing.. then dps.. if you're healing.. then heal..
[16:50] <illa> something do while healing
[16:50] <illa> *to do
[16:51] <narknon> It would be to heal while healing
[16:51] <Elenwyyi> no dps, just a heal for when spells are gray
[16:52] <narknon> Like storm strike but with a heal instead of a DD
[16:53] <Warbane> if any beastlords here are not aware please /join #eqbstchat so we can keep it civil come our turn.
[16:53] <illa> Improved tracking, another 50-75 skill points for better range
[16:54] <@Elidroth> We're happy with where tracking is right now
[16:55] <illa> Add +DoT crit chance to our black wolf lines, will helps us provide something to necros in exp groups and other imes they're not burning.
[16:56] <@Elidroth> No. Necro gain nothing from DOT crit chance
[16:56] <@Elidroth> They already have too much crit chance as is
[16:56] <@Elidroth> Crit chance is effectively a dead stat for most classes
[16:56] <illa> Is there a dot mod that could be added to black wolf to give value to us being with necros?
[16:58] <@Elidroth> No really..
[16:58] <illa> how about adding a Heal over Time crit chance to White Wolf lines, and a increase critical heals by 100% of base to mirror black wolf lines?
[17:00] <@Elidroth> No. Heals for PCs don't have the same values as damage for NPCs intentionally
[17:01] <illa> Can our additional bind points be options to respawn at after death?
[17:02] <@Elidroth> I don't think that's technically possible.
[17:02] <illa> and similiar, can we get group ports to our 2nd and 3rd bind points?
[17:02] <@Elidroth> was asked for other classes already. I'll look into it, but some things may be hardwired by class
[17:03] <illa> well, we are a port class
[17:03] <illa> so hopefully we'd be one of those
[17:03] <illa> Twincast Rk3 as an AA. Same timer as the spell, can even make it force gem cooldown
[17:03] <illa> But let us and the other TC classes reclaim this spell gem. This would function as an additional rank of Mnemonic Retention for us. Our issues with spell gem limitations and being able to perform our roles has not gotten better, and seems to only get worse.
[17:04] <@Elidroth> No
[17:04] <@Elidroth> It's a spell gem for a reason
[17:05] <illa> Can we get Nature's Boon (AE heal totem) upgraded to healing a relevant amount for current content?
[17:06] <@Elidroth> I'm looking at upping the heal amount but it'll never be a method of any "real" heals
[17:07] <@Elidroth> it's additional healing at most
[17:07] <illa> being in the range of 'noticable' would be nice
[17:08] <illa> similar, I've PM'd you about this, but can the values on the Spirit of the Wood and Converence of spirits be upgraded to match player hp values?
[17:09] <@Elidroth> Pretty sure I've upped both of those significantly
[17:09] <illa> maybe on the versions, latest ones weren't
[17:09] <illa> *the beta versions
[17:10] <Guado> 4750 hps per tick is where spirit of the wood is currently
[17:10] <@Elidroth> ok
[17:10] <illa> Since we're up to 265 forage now, can we forage 3 things at once instead of 2?
[17:11] <@Elidroth> I have no control over that
[17:12] <illa> How about anti-summoned mirrors of clr's anti-undead AAs?
[17:12] <@Elidroth> Maybe? I'll want to discuss that with the rest of the team first
[17:13] <illa> ok
[17:13] <illa> Invis vs Undead, self only?
[17:14] <@Elidroth> Need to talk with Prathun about that.. pretty sure we don't want to do that.. but we'll see
[17:16] <illa> Wrath of the Wild's effect, [38074] Diminshing Blows does not proc very often, and is resisted a lot when it does proc. Can it get a better proc mod and resist mod so it can land?
[17:16] <@Elidroth> I'll look into the proc mod.. the resists can definitely be adjusted
[17:16] <illa> And a few more ranks of hastened wrath of the wild would be cool
[17:17] <@Elidroth> also diable
[17:17] <@Elidroth> doable
[17:18] <illa> Spirit of the Bear could really use an upgrade, atleast on the hp side. And can the AC be changed to ACv2? it currently doesn't take hold on tanks using discs/spells that are used while tanking
[17:18] <illa> i know ac stacking is a mess
[17:19] <@Elidroth> Discs and such are going to take priority.. that's just kind of how it is more often than not
[17:20] <illa> well, it's blocked by SK's confrontation recourse and paladin's armor line, that are both up almost full time
[17:21] <@Elidroth> This game is over 15 years old, with only 12 spell slots. Not everything is going to stack with everything.
[17:21] <illa> But the important part was another rank of bear to bring the hps up
[17:21] <@Elidroth> *Spell effect slots
[17:22] <@Elidroth> can do that
[17:23] <illa> Could we get another rank of Nature's Fury [23594] to upgrade the damage/lower mana penalty?
[17:23] <illa> and some more ranks of hastened for it to bring down from 30min to ~18 like other burn discs?
[17:23] <@Elidroth> Yeah I can take that down a little bit
[17:23] <@Elidroth> same for hastened
[17:24] <illa> awesome
[17:25] <illa> How about support AAs for our new season's wrath? Quickned to drop the cast time would be my first choice, but some hastened ranks would also be nice
[17:25] <@Elidroth> Not this expansion.. maybe later
[17:25] <illa> we got it last expansion, time for support AAs! :p
[17:26] <illa> Could we get another rank of fortified survival? mostly for the recast reduction
[17:27] <@Elidroth> I'd rather not
[17:29] <illa> is it possible for failed gates to reset the timer on our AA gates (bind, 2nd, 3rd binds) so we don't have to wait 10 minutes for the aa to refresh after a failed gate?
[17:29] <@Elidroth> No. That's all on the code side
[17:29] <illa> how about some cheap hastened or ranks of lower recast on those?
[17:31] <@Elidroth> which AA?
[17:31] <@Elidroth> like Egress and Exodus?
[17:31] <illa> Secondard Recall
[17:31] <illa> and tertiary recall
[17:32] <illa> they're not in-combat ports like the evacs, and we have to wait 10 minutes if the gate fails
[17:32] <@Elidroth> Hmm
[17:32] <@Elidroth> I'll look into it
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:03:18 PM by Riou »

Offline Rorce

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Druid AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 07:02:23 PM »
[17:33] <illa> Quick Teleport. This Ability reduces the cast time on your teleport spells by 10, 25, and 50 percent. (we have this for the spell evac spells already. want to cast the normal ones faster)
[17:33] <@Elidroth> I'll discuss it with the team
[17:35] <illa> an AE version of blessing of ro
[17:35] <@Elidroth> How is that different than a totem version of it?
[17:35] <illa> different, probably worse
[17:36] <illa> totem would be better
[17:36] <Guado> targeted aoe like wind of malosinete, doesnt have to be instant cast
[17:36] <Guado> ^
[17:36] <@Elidroth> I can't do free target, but standard targeted AOE is possible
[17:37] <illa> exactly, don't want free target
[17:37] <@Elidroth> k
[17:38] <illa> A pbae heal around our target?
[17:40] <Shaman009> Anyone have a log of today's chat? In particular shamans? Just wondering what AAs are in store
[17:40] <illa> eqresources will post it if they havent
[17:40] <Rorcex> they are all up on eqresource
[17:40] <Shaman009> Ok, cool
[17:40] <Rorcex> https://eqresource.com/board/index.php?board=6.0
[17:42] <@Elidroth> Aristo and I are working together pretty closely on the healing balance, so before I could say yes to a new targeted AOE heal, I'll have to discuss
[17:42] <illa> alright
[17:43] <illa> Could we get 1 more rank of each of hastened lunar healing and hastened entrap
[17:46] <@Elidroth> No on the lunar healing.. it's already reduced plenty
[17:46] <@Elidroth> same for entrap
[17:46] <Guado> Few more ranks of Extended Wild Growth?
[17:49] <narknon> I know you said you wanted to keep crit chance where it is, but what about a group/tgbable crit chance mod on the same slot as bard epic? Caster groups dont get bards often on raids, and that way they couldnt stack
[17:50] <@Elidroth> so after me saying and you acknowledging I don't want to increase crit chance.. you ask me for more crit chance?
[17:50] <narknon> Its not more if it doesnt stack!
[17:51] <illa> A killshot AA that procs a 1 charge NON-slot 1 twincast into the song window that would last long enough to stick around through the next mob being pulled to camp
[17:51] <@Elidroth> Extended Wild Growth can get a bit more
[17:51] <Guado> thank you
[17:51] <@Elidroth> Not possible illa. Focus Effects MUST go in slot 1
[17:52] <illa> then could it use our old Inferno Harvest buff from our killshot spell?
[17:52] <illa> or a variant on that spell
[17:55] <@Elidroth> It's possible
[17:55] <@Elidroth> I'll take a look
[17:55] <illa> I know you have to check with aristo first, but these are spell lines we use a lot and would be happy to see hastened AAs for: Vivification (12s), Katabatic Roar (9s), Remote Sunfire (24s), Hailstorm (12s)
[17:56] <@Elidroth> noted
[17:56] <illa> remote remote remote cause we *halfling* love remotes
[17:57] <illa> Could we get a rank or two of that AA that extends dots by one tick? we're not exactly necros who are going to pile dots up, just get a bit more use out of the few we use
[18:01] <illa> Prolonged Salve. We don't have heal over time spells. We don't have any other HoT support AAs. The closest we have are our Spirit of Wood and Convergence of Spirits AAs, which already have extention AAs. Other priests say this doesn't work on their HoTs(did this get fixed?), but don't have any for it to not work on.
[18:02] <illa> *but WE don't have any for it to not work on.
[18:05] <@Elidroth> DOT extension is doable.. I'll take you off of Prolonged Salve
[18:05] <Elrodo> heyo
[18:05] <illa> great
[18:05] * Crystilla requests clerics get taken off prolonged salve as well
[18:06] <@Elidroth> Clerics just asked for more of it!
[18:06] <illa> that was shm?
[18:06] <@Elidroth> no wait.. yeah.. lol
[18:06] <@Elidroth> this is all turning into a blur
[18:06] <Elrodo> any chance we could get a slight resist adj on storm strike? in situations without tash/malo it can be difficult
[18:07] <@Elidroth> can look at it.. no guarantees
[18:07] <Elrodo> it's at 0 right now, so anybit can help
[18:07] <Lainey> is it possible for us to get etheral weave for us?
[18:07] <@Elidroth> BRB
[18:08] <illa> i'll take that as a yes
[18:08] <Elrodo> so let it be written, so let it be done
[18:08] <Lainey> lol
[18:08] <Warbane> AE tree touch also while we're at it, turns everyone into wood elf warders plz.
[18:08] <illa> keep your roleplaying to your own time
[18:08] <tbh> ask for Octocast while ur at it
[18:08] <Warbane> =(
[18:11] <@Elidroth> back
[18:11] <Roxe> wb
[18:11] <Lainey> did you miss my question Elidroth>
[18:11] <illa> so that was a yes on ethereal weave, right?
[18:12] <@Elidroth> That's a spell.. why are you asking me?
[18:12] <illa> to get an aa version of course
[18:12] <@Elidroth> no
[18:12] <Elrodo> I am crushed! haha
[18:13] <Elrodo> how about an useful recourse on swarm on fireflies, maybe the hot lands in any case?
[18:14] <Elrodo> (I think recourse is the correct term)
[18:14] <Lainey> an AA for druids to cast group Talisman of Celerity?
[18:15] <circ-user-aY07i> Lainey should stop trolling this discussion.
[18:16] <@Elidroth> How about I just make EQ have 1 class that does everything?
[18:16] <illa> but we're not shm :(
[18:16] <tbh> dont even joke about that
[18:16] <Guado> Then shamans shouldn't get egress?
[18:17] <illa> Another level of swarm of fireflies to keep the heal up to par would be nice
[18:18] <@Elidroth> I hadn't planned on upgrading those types of abilities, but I'll take another look at them
[18:18] <illa> we don't know how much hp are going to increase with this expansion, but another 10-15% sounds safe
[18:19] <illa> in terms of hp going up, not out spells
[18:19] <illa> *our
[18:19] <illa> Can we get ranks of extended cheetah?
[18:20] <circ-user-aY07i> How about hidden cheeta that is split like shammys.
[18:21] <circ-user-aY07i> Right now now reason to use that aa vs a macro that cast both cheetah and shared camo
[18:22] <Shaman009> Like Spirit Walk?
[18:22] <illa> our hidden cheetah aa puts the invis and runspeed into one buff
[18:22] <illa> so if invis break, you lose the runspeed
[18:23] <@Elidroth> Yep
[18:23] <@Elidroth> that's part of the deal
[18:24] <circ-user-aY07i> I can understand you saying that, but it essentially means you put work into adding something to the game that will never be used because an already existing option is superiour.
[18:24] <illa> This has been at the top of the druid list for a while now, so I'm still going to ask in case something changes later
[18:24] <illa> Innate chance for DDs/Dots to proc a heal on the target's target. Higher ranks improve the chance and amount of healing. Would have to be an innate AA, a buff would have too many stacking conflicts to be useful.
[18:29] <@Elidroth> Then use the superior option. This is another option because it frees up a spell gem, and combines 2 buffs into 1. It was created SPECIFICALLY with the limitation that should one fail, the other fails with it.
[18:29] <Guado> AA slow for animals or plants?
[18:29] <@Elidroth> Again.. don't want to do that illa. I've stated why already several times.
[18:30] <illa> An upgrade to flight of eagles to bring the speed up to that of the single target spirit of eagle?
[18:34] <@Elidroth> No.. it's a 5% difference in speed at max level. I'm going to leave it as is
[18:34] <Lifeshriek> guildie is asking if druids could get an aa duration extension for the group spirit of the blackwolf/white wolf lines and self blackwolf/whitewolf also possibly?
[18:36] <@Elidroth> I think they last long enough right now..
[18:37] <@Elidroth> It's time to move on to Beastlords
[18:37] <@Elidroth> Druids, if you have more requests or feedback, don't hesitate to PM me with it
[18:37] * ChanServ changes topic to 'Beastlords, your time is now!'
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:03:23 PM by Riou »