Author Topic: Enchanter AA Chat for The Darkened Sea  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
    • EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
Enchanter AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
[18:28] <@Elidroth> Enchanters.. Last but not least..
[18:28] * Asmadeus cheers
[18:28] <Nendiun> thanks Elidroth =)
[18:28] <@Elidroth> yep
[18:28] <EverChanter> What's an Enchanter?
[18:28] <Yarah> Yeah no kidding
[18:28] <Jamazing> Elidroth - lotta referenced to Chanters this week - do you have something specific in mind we should know about first???
[18:29] <@Elidroth> Back in my early days of playing, a good enchanter was freaking AWESOME!
[18:29] <Jamazing> err references
[18:29] <Qest> Thanks for hosting this, Elidroth!
[18:29] <Jaerlyn> they still are ;p
[18:29] <Narye> we still are :)
[18:29] <Beimeith> psh
[18:29] <Medail> shh dont tell them, we might be more than 5 to a server!
[18:29] <Qest> Shhhh! The first rule of Enchanter Club...
[18:29] <Beimeith> everyone loves enchanters now!
[18:29] <Jamazing> Yes and thanks.... just want to get that clear bewfore we hit you with the wronf stuff. :)
[18:29] <@Elidroth> Aristo and I really want to get some new functionality for Enchanters..
[18:29] <Yarah> It is very changed from 1999 but I still enjoy it
[18:29] <@Elidroth> we don't have it yet, but we wants it!
[18:29] <Jamazing> Pleas explain a bit???
[18:29] <EverChanter> Enchanters, don't forget to join #eqenchanters
[18:30] <Narye> ooo details?
[18:30] <Qest> Please explain A LOT
[18:30] <Jamazing> Heh agreed
[18:30] <@Elidroth> we want to move enchanters into a role like the Bard for spellcasters
[18:30] <Morulak> passive overfocus effect to enchanters!
[18:30] <@Elidroth> Enchanters should be the ADPS for casters
[18:30] <Yarah> How about a role for melee?
[18:31] <Yarah> Melee IOG with a shared timer on the caster iog as to stop resitricing us to a caster only groups on raids
[18:31] <Lainey> oh yeah !!
[18:31] <EverChanter> What have you guys talked about doing in regards to this? Seen several references to some things.
[18:31] <@Elidroth> I also really want a way to allow enchanter charm pets to be the main tank on a case by case basis
[18:31] <Asmadeus> That sounds fun
[18:31] <Narye> I get asked in game a lot - why don't you have something for endurance regen?
[18:31] <@Elidroth> or more specifically.. I want to be able to shut off the current PC preference on aggro lists on the fly
[18:31] <Qest> Are we talking buffs/auras or stuff like Chromatic Percussion and Mental Appropriation?
[18:32] <@Elidroth> Buffs, abilities, etc.
[18:32] <@Elidroth> I'd like Enchanters to play an ACTIVE role in spell dps
[18:32] <@Elidroth> not just be a buff bot
[18:32] <Jamazing> I know you don't like the aura-system. So you using Auras for aDPS - or a whole new plan??
[18:32] <Ismel> Tricky
[18:32] <Narye> Oh thank you!
[18:32] <@Elidroth> but that hasn't happened yet
[18:33] <@Elidroth> so.. moving on to AA
[18:33] <@Elidroth> Let's get going!
[18:33] <Jamazing> Take it away Narye
[18:33] <Narye> Hastened Illusions of Granduer (like to see this down to 10 mins reuse so we can use it with our other stuff)
[18:33] <@Elidroth> oooooh.. wait wait
[18:33] <@Elidroth> No new Dire Charm..
[18:33] <@Elidroth> there.. ok
[18:33] <@Elidroth> I'm done
[18:33] <EverChanter> ha
[18:33] <Ismel> LOL
[18:33] <Medail> i dont think any enchanter likes dire charm
[18:34] <Jamazing> hehehe
[18:34] <Narye> we'd already crossed that off along with twincast lol
[18:34] <Jamazing> Heh
[18:34] <Yarah> Group stasis with shared timer on the stasis line?
[18:34] <@Elidroth> Nope.. Illusions of Grandeur was intended to be something used when you REALLY needed a push
[18:35] <@Elidroth> it's not supposed to be available for every fight
[18:35] <Narye> Gift of Chromatic Haze (every time we cast a nuke gives us a chance to give a single proc chromatic haze for instant dd spells to everyone in our group.)
[18:35] <Asmadeus> Yarah: please join #eqenchanters and let's give Eli time here :)
[18:35] <Qest> As long as you're shooting down big requests, you mentioned nobody's getting Quiet Miracle. You know we want it. Could you please explain your thinking behind denying it?
[18:35] <Jamazing> Just would be nice ot use it with the rest of a burn... that timer screws up a lot of macro's LOL
[18:36] <[Alt][F4]> bring twincast aa down to IoG recast? its lagging behind right now
[18:36] <Asmadeus> Slower please, one at a time - two hours is plenty of time to ask lots of things
[18:36] <Mykaylla> There's now four requests for Elidroth to catch up on, might want to wait until he can respond
[18:37] <@Elidroth> I like the Gift of Chromatic Haze idea, but the percentages will be something I'll have to work out
[18:37] <@Elidroth> It's something I don't really want up all the time.
[18:37] <Qest> I'm a unique duck when it comes to Enchanters. I'd rather have reuses on major burns have LONGER reuse times and be more powerful, rather than have them every 10 mins and have them do relatively little. I think I'm unique in this position though.
[18:37] <Narye> great
[18:37] <Narye> holding as there are a few other questions
[18:38] <Qest> I'm right in thinking that's how it would work, right, Elidroth?
[18:38] <Jamazing> You might be Qest - there IS a middle ground though... :)
[18:38] <@Elidroth> Twincast isn't changing
[18:39] <@Elidroth> we're happy where that is right now
[18:39] <Jamazing> Qest, logic would dictate that the more uber an ability - the longer the re-use. (kinda goes without saying)
[18:39] <@Elidroth> Have no way to make a shared timer on Group Stasis
[18:39] <Narye> Improved Mental contortion (couple more ranks to the existing aa to make it slightly more effective, every bit helps right?)
[18:40] <@Elidroth> There is a new rank of Mental Contortion
[18:40] <@Elidroth> did you look at the stuff I put in the Google Drive?
[18:40] <[Alt][F4]> less recast timer or less resists on it?
[18:40] <Jamazing> I think she's asking for 2 new ranks instead of one?
[18:41] <@Elidroth> 1 is fine.. but I'll look at the resists so it's a bit more reliable.
[18:41] <[Alt][F4]> sweet ty
[18:41] <Ismel> =)
[18:41] <Narye> ty!
[18:41] <Qest> Can you explain your position on us getting Quiet Miracle?
[18:42] <Jamazing> As the "masters of Mana" we are... :D
[18:42] <@Elidroth> We just don't want to give that to everyone. The more often we give it out, the more other classes who want it too have reasonable expectations of getting it
[18:43] <Narye> But as the masters of mana, ans mind control...
[18:43] <Qest> So, it's not about what's right for the class, it's about what's right for the game.
[18:43] <DaPug> maybe share the mana trasnfer line with necros.. be a mana battery ....
[18:43] <EverChanter> Let's keep the offtopic chatter for Enchanter stuff in #eqenchanter please
[18:44] <Asmadeus> (#eqenchanters, plural)
[18:44] <Narye> whats our chances of getting more leveles of VoM?
[18:44] <Jamazing> Yes... Enchanter are not "everyone" re mana abilities - at least we never saw it that way.
[18:44] <Qest> We need a beneficial-only dispell. We are Enchanters, we should be the masters of enchantments (buffs) and yet we're behind Rangers, Monks, and Necromancers on this.
[18:46] <Jamazing> Agreed - a buff stripper like the Rangers (forget to) use would be a nice touch - "Strip Enchantments" or something.
[18:46] <[Alt][F4]> goblin in PoW drops ring of negation go camp that
[18:46] <Beimeith> He already said he is talking to aristo about making the dispel all casters
[18:46] <Jamazing> And that IS an AA ability... :)
[18:47] <DaPug> oddly I don't find where to camp items at all condusive to AA enchanter talk.... maybe it is just me...
[18:47] <Narye> please join #eqenchanters
[18:47] <Qest> DaPug: We're organizing in #eqenchanters. Please join us there so we don't talk over each other.
[18:47] <Mykaylla> An update for those who weren't around for the necromancer and mage AA chats- Elidroth mentioned talking with Aristo about making the Eradicate Enchantment beneficial-only dispel for all silk classes.
[18:48] <@Elidroth> I wasn't going to upgrade Veil of Mindshadow as it just got an upgrade last expansion
[18:48] <EverChanter> Ok
[18:48] <DaPug> along the lines of trying to make enchanters more buffs and what not, I can picture enchanters handing out magic specific melee procs ( IE short term enchanting someones weapons)
[18:48] <Narye> Improved Sanguine Mind Crystal & azure mind crystal (tradeable, and more mana, no rent, no storage, temporary) - please?
[18:48] <@Elidroth> I know it isn't going to make people happy, but until we get some serious code time.. the AA system as a whole is running out of space
[18:49] <@Elidroth> so I don't want to go using up what I have as quickly as possible.. if that makes sense
[18:49] <EverChanter> It does
[18:49] <EverChanter> Could we maybe combine them into one AA?
[18:49] <Jamazing> You're right - that's not the best news (re code space) :(
[18:49] <Silv> Could you upgrade the values on the Mind Crystals and keep them as self only like the current version then?
[18:49] <@Elidroth> Hopefully when this expansion comes out I'll get some time
[18:50] <Narye> Our mana draw, all those, are seriously falling behind, I cant get more than 10% of my mana back - can we get an upgrade?
[18:51] <Narye> or - Gift of Gather Mana (some sort of way to pump mana to the group, whether a single use 10 minutre reuse gift of mana like quiet miracle or a proc off of our spells in which we feed mana to the group. Maybe even make it so that when we use gather mana we get 10 procs that each time we cast a spell we give the group XXXX mana. )
[18:51] <@Elidroth> I'll upgrade them, but I'd prefer they remain self-only
[18:51] <Narye> ok can handle that
[18:52] <Narye> More levels of Edict of command ( max level + 3 the same as for mez and stun )
[18:52] <@Elidroth> I'm ok with Enchanters funneling mana to their group so long as it's in the context of actively doing something, and not just pressing a "give everyone mana" button
[18:53] <@Elidroth> OK.. you guys really need to read the docs I put out
[18:53] <@Elidroth> There are 3 new ranks of Edict of Command already
[18:53] <Silv> In regard to mana then - when we nuke? or mez? What is your ideal "active" for us with giving mana to the group?
[18:53] <Narye> Hastened Runes (Like to get our Unity rune down to 8 or 6 second recast)
[18:54] <@Elidroth> yeah Silv.. something offensive in nature
[18:54] <Qest> YAY!
[18:54] <[Alt][F4]> bring back Theft of Thought(kunark) but instead of spell make it aa?
[18:55] <Silv> Theft of thought or scryer's trespass upgrade would be appreciated
[18:55] <@Elidroth> I don't want to hasten all runes
[18:55] <Qest> ALT F4 please join us in #eqenchanters
[18:55] <Jamazing> Regarding "doing something" - Making the mana crytals tradable is step in that direction.
[18:55] <@Elidroth> no
[18:55] <Qest> YAY again!!!
[18:56] <Narye> Hastened Stasis: We still have one of the worst recast timers on fade despite having TWO. Could we at least get a screen emote on Friendly Stasis so my friendly overnuking Wizard knows why they can't move?
[18:56] <@Elidroth> I don't want you relegated to mana batteries
[18:56] * Qest is happy
[18:56] <Narknon> ^
[18:57] <Narye> thats good, I dont want to be a necro or a mage..
[18:57] <@Elidroth> Narye - I wish I could do that.. I'll ask if I can get code to create something like that. That's a really good idea that could be very useful elsewhere too
[18:57] <Warbane> Any chance of a mass project illusion? this would raid wide and MGB'able, possibly with innate vah shir as the race.
[18:57] <Asmadeus> Warbane: look at raid banners..
[18:58] <Narye> An Instant single target mem blur.? any chance?
[18:58] <@Elidroth> Warbane, please keep the jokes out of here for now. You had your time for serious questions, now give Enchanters their time.
[18:58] <Qest> Warbane and everyone else, PLEASE join us in #eqenchanters so we can get organized and not waste time!
[18:59] <DaPug> can someone pop up a link tothe documents, for those of us who missed it?
[18:59] <Warbane> I was serious actually, but ok
[18:59] <Qest> DaPug it's in the thread that annouced this chat in the Veteran's Forum
[18:59] <@Elidroth> Narye - I'm not a fan of instant for memblue

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Enchanter AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »
[18:59] <Ismel> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz8DhhLkRmzzTGtneEI3ZEJuQUU&usp=sharing
[19:00] <DaPug> okay, since I heard about this ingame....
[19:00] <DaPug> ah thank you
[19:00] <Narye> Fog of Memories' 12 sec recast delay is problematic tho?
[19:00] <Qest> How about very quick casting single mem blur then>?
[19:00] <@Elidroth> I could upgrade Fog of Memories with a faster cast time.. but instant is too much
[19:00] <Narye> we'll take that, ty
[19:00] <Narye> Ethereal Manipulation needs upgrading. It's set to work with specific spells only, so when they get new ethereal
[19:01] <Narye> it doesnt work..
[19:01] <Qest> Can we get recycle time on Fog of Memories too?
[19:01] <@Elidroth> Narye - yeah.. that's an ongoing thing.. happens every expansion
[19:01] <@Elidroth> I have time set aside SPECIFICALLY to address that this expansion
[19:02] <@Elidroth> Qest - It's 12 sec right now.. that's ok
[19:02] <Narye> Mesmerization Mastery 2.0: Add a % that will increase the duration another 1 - 2 tics. Why? Because. It would put regular confound at 1m 46/50ish with raid extension foci. OR Add in targetted (NOT PBAE) mez to be affected. Targetted AE mez was never the problem, it was PBAE
[19:02] <@Elidroth> Nope
[19:02] <Silv> Could you clarify your stance on hastened self stasis? it got lost earlier
[19:02] <@Elidroth> our reasons for changing that ability were well documented
[19:03] <@Elidroth> What do you mean Silv?
[19:03] <@Elidroth> did I miss a question somewhere?
[19:03] <Silv> I believe Narye asked if we could receive more ranks of hastened self stasis (fade) because we are lagging in the reuse
[19:04] <Silv> reuse is currently 9.5 minutes
[19:04] <@Elidroth> oh.. yeah.. that I can do
[19:04] <Narye> Any chance of more than 8 targets? 10 maybe, you throw so many mobs at us we have to keep up somehow :) (mez)
[19:04] <Silv> great, thanks, and if you could consider friendly stasis as well, its 15 minute reuse
[19:05] <@Elidroth> I'll consider Friendly as well but no guarantee
[19:05] <Narye> have to save the overnuking wizards somehow ..
[19:05] <@Elidroth> 8 targets is our standard for AoEs now
[19:05] <Narye> Passive Improved Dodge: Yeah, we'll probably get a little with the level increase but how about a small bump per level via AA?
[19:06] <@Elidroth> Overnukers should die.. teach them some self-control.. lol
[19:06] <EverChanter> ^
[19:06] <@Elidroth> Dodge won't help until we get the Strikethrough issue sorted out
[19:06] <Narye> ya, but then we have to stop our burn to rebuff them :(
[19:07] <@Elidroth> Less dps is always more than zero dps
[19:07] <Narye> Phantasmic reflex 7/8/9 - Add rune proc by stunning in addition to mezzing
[19:08] <@Elidroth> I don't follow
[19:08] <Ismel> right now it trigers on mez could it triger on stun also
[19:08] <@Elidroth> oh
[19:08] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. I'll add that to the new ranks only
[19:09] <Silv> You mentioned AEs were supposed to cap at 8 targets but our AE mez is only 6
[19:09] <@Elidroth> Mezzes are a different animal
[19:09] <Silv> Okay, thanks
[19:09] <Narye> Mez Lure: Lure all targets currently mezzed to the Enchanter - we really need runes ..
[19:10] <EverChanter> For the next expansion...what are you guys looking at in terms of best for Enchanters? Are we looking to push away from the CC and tune towards spell dps or runes or? Just wondering where you are feeling with it?
[19:10] <@Elidroth> CC is highly dependent upon content.. so that's getting a careful review to ensure you're still in the game that way..
[19:11] <Silv> We'd appreciate that as the past few expansions final tier seem to be unfriendly
[19:11] * Qest is very happy to hear that!
[19:11] <@Elidroth> I'd like to make your DPS secondary role a bit more up front.. but not so you're contesting with full dps classes
[19:11] <@Elidroth> and then there's the caster ADPS thing I mentioned already
[19:11] <EverChanter> Ok, thanks that helps a bunch =)
[19:11] <@Elidroth> I've got some other ideas too but I don't want to talk about them so as not to get your hopes up.. lol
[19:12] <EverChanter> Ha
[19:12] <EverChanter> Dire Charm upgrade it is?
[19:12] <Silv> Are those potential ideas for the coming expansion?
[19:12] <Narye> An upgrade to Recant Magic - more in line with what others have?
[19:12] <@Elidroth> no
[19:12] <Narye> LOL we'll beat him in the enc channel for you
[19:13] <Qest> Speaking of DPS:
[19:13] <Qest> Our DoTs need significant improvement. DoTs are exceptionally dangerous for us. DoTing a mob means we can't mez it which is a huge downside for any group with an Enchanter in it, so by risk vs. reward, our DoTs should be more powerful than our nukes. That said, Chaotic Mez is a genius mechanic, and needs to be part of our repertoire. So, maybe AA boosts aren't the way to go and instead
[19:13] <Qest> press for some kind of Chaotic Mez-style boosts for DoTs?
[19:13] <Narye> No to recant upgrade?
[19:14] <@Elidroth> correct
[19:17] <Narye> ok this is off the wall, but..
[19:17] <Narye> Would love to see a spell for shiny bob called suicide bomb or something. Load him up, send him to an enemy and have him detonate.
[19:18] <@Elidroth> only if his explosion is AOE and can hit friendlies too
[19:18] <Qest> DEAL!!!!
[19:18] <Lainey> SOLD
[19:18] <@Elidroth> lol
[19:18] <Narye> ya know...
[19:18] <EverChanter> I'm fine with that
[19:19] <Narye> im ok with that
[19:19] <Silv> Works for me
[19:19] <Narye> lets just not tell non enchanters ...
[19:19] <Qest> 08/28/2014 5:19pm - For the first time in years, Enchanters are all in agreement on something.
[19:19] <Narye> Calculated Insanity (30 minutes), any chance of a hastened version?
[19:20] <Starlight> Too late! But I'm used to staying away from Asmadeus' pets already
[19:20] <@Elidroth> I don't know if I can even make that work right.. but I'll try.. LOL
[19:20] <Narye> Well we have swarm AA's and no swarm pet to speak off, so its the next best thing
[19:21] <@Elidroth> I'll do some ranks of hastened.. not sure how much yet.
[19:21] <Narye> ty! we'll take it
[19:21] <Silv> great!
[19:21] <illa> any advances on a mez that DTs the player who breaks it?
[19:22] <Narye> ohh I'd love that
[19:22] <EverChanter> I'd give up persistent illusions for that
[19:22] <Narye> lol
[19:22] <@Elidroth> You know..
[19:23] <@Elidroth> I can do it
[19:23] <EverChanter> !
[19:23] <Medail> can but would you
[19:24] <@Elidroth> but it would proc on ANYONE who broke it.. including when you want it broken
[19:24] <EverChanter> That's fine really
[19:24] <Silv> could it be activated then?
[19:24] <Silv> instead of a passive ability
[19:24] <Narye> wow
[19:24] <@Elidroth> Yeah.. it would have to be a special mez
[19:25] <EverChanter> Zerkers might not like us too much but ya know....:p
[19:25] <Silv> Could we get more hastened Crippling Aurora?
[19:25] <Silv> its currently at 4 minutes
[19:27] <@Elidroth> it is?
[19:27] <Lainey> we could call it Touch of Narye :)
[19:27] <Narye> lol
[19:27] <Silv> I just cast it in game, 4 minutes with current Hasten
[19:27] <@Elidroth> ah yeah
[19:27] <Lainey> the death touch mez :)
[19:27] <Narye> you know me too well
[19:27] <Medail> Lainey id prefer Stare of the doomed enchanter
[19:28] <Lainey> spent a lot of time raiding with you Narye
[19:28] <DaPug> perchance a random illusion on others.. bristlebane's touch of boredom (love seeing how long it takes semi afk people to realize something is wrong)
[19:28] <Narye> how about something short and sweet, like "payback"
[19:28] <@Elidroth> yeah.. I'll give it 1 more hastened rank
[19:28] <EverChanter> Thanks
[19:28] <Silv> awesome, thanks
[19:28] <Narye> An upgrade to our AA tash?
[19:29] <@Elidroth> which?
[19:29] <@Elidroth> You need to use full AA names.. it's hard to remember all AA for 16 classes
[19:29] <EverChanter> nvm
[19:30] <Qest> Bite of Tashani is already on the Google Drive.
[19:30] <Silv> It's actually on the google list, sorry
[19:30] <Narye> Bite of tashania
[19:30] <Narye> Chaotic Artifact - Allows melee to have 1/3/5% chance to proc Mana Reverb aura from weapon swings for 10/12/13 AA.
[19:30] <@Elidroth> There is an upgrade
[19:31] <@Elidroth> oh no.. no way
[19:31] <Silv> Like AA celerity, could we get an AA haste ability?
[19:32] <Silv> Not current level of course
[19:34] <@Elidroth> I doubt it would get much use..
[19:34] <@Elidroth> if you've got an enchanter in group.. you get the best haste
[19:34] <Narye> Extend the duration and increase the hit counter on Chromatic Haze? like make a secondary shadow...
[19:36] <@Elidroth> No chance
[19:36] <Narye> n regards to being able to tank with a charmed pet mentioned before, right now Enchanters are only able to charm blue cons, how about an AA that rasies the level cap of charm spells?"
[19:36] <@Elidroth> o.O
[19:36] <@Elidroth> and you can charm up to your level
[19:36] <@Elidroth> Charm has always been level cap
[19:36] <Narye> you can make it an expensive aa!
[19:36] <Medail> level -1
[19:36] <Medail> other than Edict of command
[19:36] <Qest> She meant our spells only -1
[19:37] <Qest> Edict AA = 100, Spell Charm = 99
[19:39] <Silv> We'd like an ability that allows our charm spell, not Edict of Command, to charm even con mobs
[19:39] <Qest> Which we cannot do now.
[19:42] <Narye> Extend the duration of DoTs, a la Necro Lingering Death?
[19:43] <@Elidroth> Your dots maybe
[19:43] <@Elidroth> I wouldn't want that castable on others
[19:43] <Narye> sold!
[19:43] <EverChanter> New AA request. shares with IoG but when in Tank groups as rune helper. Visions of Augury 1. Increase Healing 10% 2. Decrease Reuse Timer 4 sec 3. Increase Spell Haste 25% 4. Limit: Beneficial 5. Increase Shielding 6. Increase Chance to Riposte 7. Increase Chance to Block 8. Increase Chance to Dodge 9. Increase AC 180 seconds duration
[19:43] <Lainey> Thank you
[19:43] <@Elidroth> What's IoG?
[19:43] <EverChanter> Illusions of Grandeur
[19:43] <Narye> Illusions of grandeur
[19:44] <Silv> emphasis on sharing a timer with Illusions of Grandeur
[19:44] <EverChanter> Would give us the option of burning the disc helping casters, or use it in a tank setting, but not both
[19:45] <Narye> that would make us more wanted, and we wouldn't max out enchanters on raids like we do now
[19:46] <@Elidroth> reuse timer of what?
[19:46] <Silv> melee version would be shared with the current Illusions of Grandeur AA
[19:46] <Narye> Share with Illusions of grandeur
[19:46] <Silv> sorry, melee and healing
[19:47] <@Elidroth> that doesn't make any sense
[19:47] <EverChanter> I'd say more so for a tank heavy group, since many times we benefit them via our runes
[19:47] <EverChanter> not melee
[19:48] <@Elidroth> No.. 2. Decrease Reuse timer 4 sec - What does that even mean?
[19:48] <EverChanter> That someone just wrote in there, not sure what was meant by that.
[19:49] <Medail> seems to meen they would like it to reduce the reuse time of spells or abilitys used while under this by 4 seconds
[19:49] <EverChanter> copy+paste...but looking for a tank version of Illusions of Grandeur
[19:49] <@Elidroth> that's really not what we want the enchanter to be doing

Offline Riou

• Administrator
  • Master
Re: Enchanter AA Chat for The Darkened Sea
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:38:02 PM »
[19:49] <EverChanter> Ok
[19:50] <@Elidroth> Sooooooo hungry
[19:50] <@Elidroth> need my dinner to arrive
[19:50] <Narye> More targets and/or lower recast on Beam of Slumber?
[19:50] <EverChanter> Jack in the Box for joo
[19:50] <@Elidroth> California Pizza Kitchen actually
[19:50] <Narye> No eating, you'll make your tooth hurt!
[19:51] <@Elidroth> I'll shorten reuse on Beam of Slumber slightly
[19:51] <Silv> Glyph Spray has upgraded ranks on the spell sheet, will this include DoT shielding?
[19:52] <Silv> spread* not spell
[19:52] <@Elidroth> It's spellshield.
[19:53] <Narye> Increased soft cap on Stun/Mez/Charm/Lurch AA - like to have a chance at stunning/mezzing/charming/Lurching mobs that are higher level than the level cap for these spells/abilities.?
[19:53] <@Elidroth> no
[19:53] <Narye> Increased Stun duration AA - Our stuns were inadvertently nerfed when you fixed some internal timing issue that had nothing to do with us. An AA to extend our stuns would be nice to at least put us back where we used to be for many years.
[19:55] <@Elidroth> I'll look into that one
[19:55] <Silv> Could we receive a DoT shield AA similar to Glyph Spray?
[19:55] <Narye> ty!
[19:56] <@Elidroth> I'll just add DoTGuard to Glyph Spray
[19:56] <Narknon> Yay
[19:56] <Silv> thanks!
[19:56] <EverChanter> Thanks
[19:56] <Asmadeus> (Hmm how does that work for fading, does the spell fade when any of the guard runs out or when they all do?)
[19:56] <Narye> Charm pet fade AA?
[19:57] <@Elidroth> any
[19:57] <Asmadeus> thanks
[19:57] <Silv> we're getting closer on time
[19:57] <Silv> anything critical left?
[19:58] <Narye> or a Second Fade that isn't a self-mezz?
[19:58] <Silv> he's already giving us hastened self... that might be a bit much but worth a shot
[19:58] <Narye> I'd like to be able to run away
[19:59] <Silv> it would be nice though!
[19:59] <Narknon> you guys are still in main channel =p
[20:00] <Silv> yeah but it's all true so technically I didn't fail that bad :p
[20:00] <Narye> sooo.. a viral mez or/and a viral rune?
[20:00] <Jaerlyn> Elidroth - on spell ADPS for chanters. can you look at the bard song Ameliorating Accelerando, and basically change 'beneficial' to detrimental, and make it into an AA for chanters to use on the group? (it lowers the -recast- on heals. i'm thinking of something that lowers the recast on nukes
[20:01] <@Elidroth> I can do that but I'd have to add more stuff to it
[20:01] <@Elidroth> like Cast_Time_Min
[20:01] <Jaerlyn> yeah, but it just seems like what you were looking for
[20:01] <@Elidroth> I don't want to create a whole bunch of instant cast stuff
[20:02] <Narye> Mezz Lure, lurches all mezzed targets to the Enchanter - any chance?
[20:02] <@Elidroth> yes and no
[20:02] <@Elidroth> no
[20:02] <@Elidroth> I have no way to determine what has been mezzed
[20:02] <@Elidroth> no way to set a condition on that
[20:02] <Lainey> so which was yes and which were the no's
[20:03] <Silv> Could we just have a regular lure then?
[20:03] <Silv> regardless of mez status
[20:03] <@Elidroth> I really don't want to keep adding more of those types of abilities
[20:03] <Narknon> I'd like a 6 target max on that
[20:04] <Silv> It would help with crowd control to be able to mez but I understand
[20:04] <Narye> Anything on Charm Pet fade?
[20:05] <@Elidroth> Can't.. you'll lose charm too and then it'll kill you
[20:05] <@Elidroth> No way to predict order of operation there
[20:05] <Narye> this is news? :)
[20:05] <@Elidroth> it'll be really inconsistent and bad
[20:05] <Narye> ok
[20:06] <EverChanter> Are we ready to talk about those additions to auras yet? =)
[20:06] <Qest> Can we get something like the opposite of Spell Casting Subtlety?
[20:06] <@Elidroth> Beastlords asked for a similar thing
[20:07] <@Elidroth> I can experiment with giving you an opposite version of it to give you agro
[20:07] <EverChanter> Thanks
[20:07] <Asmadeus> Would it stack with visages?
[20:07] <@Elidroth> I have no idea how it will work yet so I can't say
[20:08] <Silv> How about a combined Invisibility and Invisibility versus Undead AA - SELF only?
[20:08] <Qest> Where are we on Beguiler's Banishment/Beguiler's Directed Banishment Root stacking bug?
[20:08] <Asmadeus> Ok, thanks for trying
[20:08] <@Elidroth> No Silv
[20:08] <Silv> okay, thanks
[20:09] <@Elidroth> So what exactly is the issue between those two
[20:09] <Asmadeus> When banishment root fades, regular root's effect drops as well even if the root icon stays
[20:09] <Asmadeus> (so mob moves freely with root on)
[20:09] <Qest> The temporary included root fades and if it's still rooted, it runs around with root on it.
[20:09] <@Elidroth> ah yeah.. that's a code issue..
[20:10] <Asmadeus> I belive you had been given a solution by changing the root slot? and it works with ranger's flusterbolt
[20:11] <@Elidroth> I'll take a look at it again
[20:11] <Asmadeus> Thank you :)
[20:12] <Narye> If we are moving towards some bardish kindof abilities, and chance of more AC?
[20:12] <@Elidroth> Not likely
[20:13] <Medail> Elidroth, it was asked early but no answer given, any chance in getting an AA to rase the hard level cap of charmable mobs on Charm spells? currently the spells are limited to the level we obtain the spell less one for the mob level (IE lv 100 charm can only charm lv 99 mobs)
[20:14] <@Elidroth> no
[20:14] <Asmadeus> Back to aggro tools, would it be possible to get a single target aggro AA to compensate for rune's randomness and nukes doing damages? Doesn't need to be much/often, just anything to get a mob off a squishy without making it summon.
[20:14] <@Elidroth> Any changes like that would have to be done at the spell itself. Level cap on charms is not something we can control like that
[20:15] <Silv> Is it something that could be considered by the team to help in current content?
[20:15] <@Elidroth> We've talked about it.. I'll have to discuss it with Aristo again though.. I think we've got some changes planned
[20:16] <Silv> great, thank you
[20:16] <Qest> Could you expand on your reasoning behind not wanting to give us Beneficial-Only Dispell ala Entropy of Nature? Why Rangers and Monks and Necromancers, but not the masters of Enchantments/Disenchantments?
[20:18] <Mykaylla> Elidroth already said he was looking at expanding Eradicate Magic AA (which is beneficial only dispel) to all silk casters.
[20:18] <Mykaylla> That was earlier, with the mage discussions
[20:18] <Silv> Could we have an ability to extend the duration of our haste line? The timer would be closer to our current Clarity, 1h26m vs 2h52m
[20:18] <Silv> those durations are haste vs clarity
[20:19] <Narye> It seriously wont make much difference, they'll die just as fast :)
[20:19] <Qest> Haste = Hastening of Sviir. Clarity = Voice of Foresight
[20:20] <Silv> Thanks Qest
[20:20] <EverChanter> Ok
[20:21] <EverChanter> I think the Enchanters in the #eqenchanters have gotten through what we have.
[20:21] <Qest> More Quick Mezz?
[20:22] <Silv> Could we receive a self only gingerbread man illusion? Possibly with or without a benefit like Bard Drake AA
[20:22] <@Elidroth> I think I've got a pretty solid list of things to work on here already to be honest
[20:23] <Narye> its literally the only illusion I want
[20:23] <Jaerlyn> As always, thanks for doing this, Elidroth.
[20:23] <@Elidroth> Hehe.. Then go get it! :P
[20:23] <Medail> narye to be fair it would be fairly sweet
[20:23] <Narye> you can keep the rest
[20:23] <@Elidroth> You're welcome..
[20:23] <Silv> An illusion would be easy... and really, we had the title "Illusionist" during Kunark
[20:23] <Asmadeus> Thanks alot for these chats Elidroth :)
[20:23] <Mykaylla> She can't- it was a beta reward
[20:23] <Ren> You rock eli
[20:23] <EverChanter> thanks for saying yes to a 3rd aura slot...you're the best!
[20:23] <@Elidroth> Oh..
[20:23] <Narye> its not a spell or on marketplace..
[20:23] <Silv> Thanks Eli! This was great
[20:23] <@Elidroth> hmm..
[20:23] <@Elidroth> Perhaps there might be a way in the future... :P
[20:23] <Qest> Can you speak to us more about where you think we should be? For instance, you mentioned you want us as Caster aDPS. Does that mean our melee aDPS role may be reduced in exchange?
[20:23] <Mykaylla> Gingerbread Illusion is on the Gumdrop button reward
[20:23] <EverChanter> =)
[20:24] <Narye> ty!
[20:24] <Lainey> Thank you once again Elidroth and also thanks to Narye for your help and please make it so Elidroth :)
[20:24] <Narye> and thank you for everything, go see a dentist!
[20:24] <@Elidroth> No Qest.. just that caster ADPS is a focus
[20:25] <Narye> I want a wayy big nuke to make the wizards wake up.. oh wait, im dreaming
[20:25] <Silv> We do miss crowd control and charming too!
[20:25] <Qest> How would you rate current Enchanter balance vs. other classes? Do we need improvements relative to them?
[20:25] <Lainey> I will love the Narye surprise Mez with a bang
[20:25] <Narye> I miss stopping trains in Karnors, AE'ing in sebilis, making a huge difference
[20:26] <Silv> Don't forget Cazic Thule and lower Guk
[20:26] <Narye> oh man yes
[20:27] <Silv> I just don't want to be pigeonholed into only caster ADPS =) but it sounds like we have some awesome stuff coming our way
[20:27] <@Elidroth> Thanks all..
[20:27] <@Elidroth> have a good evening