October 13, 2014 - Nights of the Dead
It's the time of year again when necromancers emerge from the shadows and darkness begins to fall across the lands. Brave Norrathians must be on their guard as vampires roam in more places than just Kithicor Forest.
Both tricks and treats are plentiful as festive merchants return to starting cities just in time for the holiday celebrations. Are you ready for some spooky adventures? It's time for Nights of the Dead to return to Norrath on Wednesday, October 15th!
A few highlights from Nights of the Dead are:
A variety of Nights of the Dead themed Helms will be dropping across the land.
New seasonal items in the Marketplace can add a festive touch to your home.
New Robes designed by Player Studio artists are the perfect attire for holiday outings!
Players can also enjoy this year's Nights of the Dead celebration with the return of their favorite holiday events! These are some of the ghoulish events that will be happening all across Norrath:
Candy and Costumes: Across the starting cities, candy and costume merchants open up their spooky shops to celebrate the season of haunting. Also, seek out Wicked Winnie and a wizened hermit in the Plane of Knowledge for additional sweet fun.
Trick-or-treat? There have been scattered reports across Norrath of spooky happenings in the Kithicor Forest. People are trick-or-treating around Norrath. Vampires have been spotted roaming in spooky places. The Halflings are hungrier than usual and are craving everything pumpkin! A creepy bone collector requests help in collecting several rare bone artifacts. A great storyteller has arrived and is sharing some rather frightening fables-get your admission ticket today and hear them for yourself! For more information seek out Zigand Ribshard in the Plane of Knowledge. He has all the details!
The Trick-or-treat Bag: Old Man Draykey will teach you how to trick-or-treat by showing you the proper greeting method. To practice, he gives you a trick-or-treat bag to go out and get candy with.
Bone Collector: Barsin the Bone Collector boasts that he can create anything out of bones.
Roaming Vampire: A Dressed-Up Halfling is running late for the yearly costume gathering.
Hungry Halfling: Mippie Diggs is hungry and craving pumpkin flavored food and drinks.
Story Teller: Cathil the storyteller has been telling frightening fables to scare the locals.
The Gravedigger: The Gravedigger in the Plane of Knowledge is interested in tattoos. He has been digging graves for most of his life all over Norrath. He has amassed a collection of tattooed skin patches from corpses, but his collection is incomplete. He is seeking adventurers to help him with his obsession.
Necromancer's Garden: A crazed necromancer has recently snuck into Greater Faydark and spread some strange seeds about the forest. The seeds have taken root and are sprouting into horrible skulls! Leavalin Mossbite was tasked to hire adventurers to help stop a threat to the folks of the Faydark.
Scarecrow Roundup: Rongol and Anderia's farm in West Karana has been struggling, barely meeting their own needs and leaving them little to sell. Believing he figured out how the Millers have been so successful with their farm all these years, Rongol created a scarecrow, but his effort was unsuccessful. This forced him to take more drastic measures and he sought the help of a witch. Unfortunately, the magical powers of the witch were a bit more than Rongol and Anderia were prepared to handle. The couple now needs the help of brave adventurers.
Marta Stalwart in Toxxulia is baking pies to celebrate an old Erudite pie flinging tradition started by an angry wife who scolded her lazy husband by throwing pies at him.
Grom Shives in Nektulos is retelling the tale of the legendary ride of a Dark Elf Warrior who swindled magic from powerful creatures and managed to evade them in Nektulos as he returned to Neriak.
Silas Lightweaver is trying to put on a light show in Greater Faydark, but the faeries from Lesser Faydark are running amuck, casting gaudy spells and disturbing his performance. Capture them and release them back into Lesser Faydark where they belong.
Corporal Gravlin stands guard in Qeynos Hills as travelers from Qeynos attempt to journey to Surefall Glade for a celebration. Unfortunately, the evil necromancer Pyzjn is causing trouble by raising undead to attack anyone passing through the region.
Nights of the Dead won't last long, so be sure to head out into the world and enjoy some of the festivities before they're gone! The event is scheduled to run from October 15, 2014 until November 5, 2014. What tricks or treats are you interested in scoping out first?
September 26, 2014 - Increased Rare Weekend
Starting today at 12:01PM PDT and running until Sunday, September 28, 2014 at 11:59PM PDT all rare spawns will be spawning more quickly than normal. Will you find that rare NPC you've been hunting for this weekend?
Check it out in your time zone on our EQ Events Calendar
September 19, 2014 - Patch 9/19
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Friday, Sept 19, 2014 at 6:00 AM Pacific. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately two hours.
Notes for this patch can be found here.
Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for news and status updates if additional downtime is needed.
Check it out on the Calendar (and set to your local time for your time)
Spell Changes- http://spells.eqresource.com/history.php?mdy=09192014
September 19, 2014
*** Update ***
- Fixed a problem that prevented the Bundle of the Ancient Gods from being removed when it was activated.
- Berserker - Corrected a problem that incorrectly allowed Savage Spirit to stack with disciplines such as Brutal Discipline.
*** Previously Updated ***
- Corrected a problem that was sending archery damage, /who, and other types of text to the wrong filters.
- The EverQuest Team
September 16, 2014 - Patch tomorrow 9/17
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM Pacific* in preparation for the September game update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately three hours.
Once Patch Notes are available, they'll be posted here.
Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.
Check it out on the Calendar (and set to your local time for your time)
Update Spell Changes- http://spells.eqresource.com/history.php?mdy=09172014
September 17, 2014
*** Highlights ***
- Implemented several requests from SOE Live! These items are marked with an asterisk in the notes below.
- Players now have the ability to sell all of the items within a container in the merchant window. See details in the UI section. *
- The forges of Rallos Zek have been issuing new helms to the minions in Plane of War. There are also rumors that the Grandmaster has been given a special helm. (New Hero's Forge helms are available in Plane of War)
- A new unit of currency, the Noble, is now circulating in Norrath! You can use it to transfer very large amounts of currency at once. You can buy them from "Noble Exchange" merchants found near banks in starting cities, certain camps of transients, the Plane of Knowledge, and the Bazaar. *
*** Items ***
- The forges of Rallos Zek have been issuing new helms to the minions in Plane of War. There are also rumors that the Grandmaster has been given a special helm. (New Hero's Forge helms are available in Plane of War). *
- Reduced the drop rate of the more common types of Hero's Forge ornaments.
- Gauntlets of Fiery Might from the Hardcore Heritage event now have Endurance.
- Call of the Forsaken Tier 2 raid bracers can now correctly be converted to their alternate focus versions.
- Created a new type of alternate currency, called the Noble. It can be used to ask for very large amounts of currency within the barter system.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Burn Out - Mission and Raid - Fixed an error that could cause the phoenix to warp around.
- Breaching the Barrier - Players will no longer get a client crash if they pull multiple mobs near the Temple of Sholoth area in this mission.
- A Simple Task - Fixed an issue that caused some of the rotcap feeders in Hills of Shade to not give task credit for killing them. *
- Preaching to the Choir - This Windsong Sanctuary task will update correctly again. *
- Flat Lute - This Windsong Sanctuary task will again update correctly. *
- The Wurmslayer quest givers, Sir Hobble and Squire Fuzzmin, can again be found, rarely, in Firiona Vie. *
*** Spells ***
- DOT damage done by procs from pets will now show up for parsing. *
- Beastlord - Increased hit points for all focus levels of Scream at the Moon and Yell at the Moon.
- Magician - Increased hit points for all focus levels of Ruthless Servant and Relentless Servant. Increased agility, dodge, and riposte skills slightly.
- Necromancer - Increased hit points for all focus levels of Call Skeleton Host and Call Skeleton Throng.
*** NPC ***
- NPCs have been added or modified to create "Noble Exchange" merchants near banks in starting cities, certain camps of transients, the Plane of Knowledge, and the Bazaar. *
- Merchant Rehema in Crescent Reach is now findable. *
- The Apexus Enforcer in Convorteum will no longer cast his Earth Shake AE infinite times if left aggro too long and will correctly cast Earth Shake less often the longer the fight lasts.
- The kobold and gnoll combatants in Brell's Rest have given up the endless chase and now attack each other.
*** AA ***
- Cleric, Druid, Shaman - Refunded the Prolonged Salve ability in order to remove Druids from it. Clerics and Shaman will need to repurchase this ability if they want it.
- Druid - Adjusted the resistance values on the Storm Strike AA so it will land more consistently.
- Paladin - Beacon of the Righteous - Adjusted resists so this will land more reliably.
- Paladin - Force of Disruption - Reduced cast time significantly.
- Shadowknight - Moved effect of T`Vyl's Resolve to slot 6 to resolve some stacking issues. Also reduced its effectiveness to 30% because it now stacks with things it didn't previously.
- Warrior - Dual Wield Proficiency - Fixed a bug with this causing increased damage instead of reduced.
- Warrior - Defensive Proficiency - Changed block effect to Shield Block Chance. Reduced values to intended effectiveness.
- Warrior - Blast of Anger - Increased effective range to 80 feet.
- Warrior - Gut Punch - Removed all damage from this ability per request.
*** Tradeskills ***
- Talisman of Kolos' Unity and Blood of Klar spell research recipes now produce the correct item rather than their lower level counterparts.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- Changed housing plot eviction so that plot owners will only be evicted 90 days after escrow expires. Any player is able to contribute to escrow to avoid this. Guild plots will still evict earlier if the required membership requirements are not met.
- Owners and Co-Owners of plots will now receive an e-mail when their plot's escrow has expired.
- Greatly increased the maximum distance at which you can compare achievements to another character. *
- Fixed a bug in which some players would lose their ability to recreate a deleted heroic character.
- Fixed a bug in Kael Drakkel which would occasionally cause a zone crash.
- Characters can now transfer for free from Trakanon to Vox.
*** UI ***
- To sell contents within a container, simply select the container and press the sell button. Two different confirmations have been added, one for selling all of the sell-able contents, and the other for selling the container itself. These confirmation windows can be toggled on/off individually in the general options menu. Note: The text will change for whether you are selling your container or the contents within it.
- Changed the guild bank default permissions for stacks of items. Items placed in the guild bank will now go to "public," "public if usable," or "view only" in that order if a pre-existing stack exists or "view only" if not. *
- Added an option to the general options menu to disable your active tribute upon logging off. *
- Fixed an issue with "Invite All to Raid" option in the guild window. It will no longer attempt to invite players who are already in the raid or emit the "That person is already in your raid." text.
- Split the death text filters into "My death," "Other PC death," and "NPC death".
- Updated the text in the Marketplace window to clarify the monthly SC claim status.
- Fixed a bug where the text on the cancel camp button could incorrectly show "Add Card" after using the marketplace.
- Opening the marketplace while the "No payment sources" prompt is visible will no longer automatically take players to the "Add credit card" screen.
- When closing the Marketplace window with the add credit card page open, you will now be returned to the marketplace home screen upon reloading the marketplace.
- Changed -
- The EverQuest Team
September 10, 2014 - EQResource 3rd Anniversary Contest Results!
The results of our Anniversary contests are in! We had a lot of entries this time, and want to thank each and every player who participated. We hope you enjoyed the contests as much as we did! If you are one of the winners, please contact Cazic.Rorcex to claim your prize!
First, we'd like to re-congratulate the winners of our "A Game of Clue" contest! These players have already received their prize. Please join us in congratulating:
Next, for our Facebook and Twitter contest, the winners are as follows:
And last but most certainly not least, the housing contest. There were a LOT of good entries this time! It was very difficult to choose just two winners, but we finally managed! Here is our housing contest winners:
Grats to all the winners, and thanks again to everyone who participated! If you won, don't forget to contact Cazic.Rorcex to claim your prize!
September 3, 2014 - Beta Sign-Ups!
Beta sign-ups for The Darkened Sea are now live. Click here to opt in!
The Beta period will run from Tuesday, September 16, 2014 through Friday, October 24, 2014. During this time we'll also have special forums available just to our Beta players so they can provide their feedback directly to our team.
This expansion includes:
Level Increase to 105!
Eight zones: Two re-imaged zones, and six completely new zones!
Mount Key Ring: Free up inventory space and have all of your mounts in one location!
New Spells, AAs, and Items!
To learn more about this expansion, find out what lurks beneath The Darkened Sea here.
September 3, 2014 - Stone Cold Summer
Stone Cold Summer, a new Holiday added into EQ.
Part 1 begins on September 3, 2014 and goes until September 24, 2014.
Part 2 begins on September 10, 2014 and goes until September 24, 2014.
They are 2 tasks brought back from the Veil of Alaris Pre-Launch Events.
Check our guides out for them:
Stone Cold Summer Overview
Only the Blind Will See (Part 1)
Baga's Stand (Part 2)
Completing both will reward you with Achievements, Stone Cold Summer Tasks and Stone Cold Summer Missions, there are no rewards to these however.
For this and other events in EverQuest check out our EQ Events Calendar
August 27, 2014 - Double EXP Weekend
Why not celebrate YOUR holiday weekend in Norrath with DOUBLE EXPERIENCE?
Starting on Friday, August 29, 2014 at 12:01PM PDT* (NOON Pacific) and running until Monday, September 1, 2014 at 11:59PM PDT* we'll have double experience on all servers.
What will you do in Norrath this weekend to take best advantage of this bonus experience?
*Convert to your local time
August 26, 2014 - AA IRC Chat Logs
So far the ones done:
Shadow Knight: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=116884
The rest will be in the Class Section like these (may take up to the day after), today (and the rest) are of course on our EQ Events Calendar. You can set the timezone to your local one to get it in your local time (in settings on the Calendar) to know when they are!
August 25, 2014 - EQ Events Calendar
We have added a Calendar to our site with events related to EverQuest, such as Weekly Content, Patches, SOE Live stuff (yes it is over but it was on there in testing ), Elidroths AA IRC chats, basically things that are related to EQ that you may (hopefully) wish to know about!
By Default it is in Pacific Time (SOE time), in Settings you can adjust the time zone to your own time to have it reflect your time! It will save a Cookie to do so (so if you do it on a diff device you will have to set time zone there too )
Anything that lasts 2 or more Days we have color codes for, currently we are using Complementary-Secondary Complementary color scheme for these, as well as the RGB model version, for background of bubble + text, as well as reverse version, hopefully these shouldn't be an issue for any Color Blind people
Calendar: http://events.eqresource.com/ (you will also find it on all pages in the top menu on our site )